HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Shin GenX

Obligatory - What are you playing right now!

Just started playing Republique Remastered and loving it while also being sad at a lot of things it doesn't quite nail (because the rest is so good).

After buying it on clearance and letting it sit on the shelf a few months (perhaps confusing it with a fine cheese that needed to be aged) I decided to start Fuse. So far it's a pretty standard third-person shooter, but still fun.

After buying it on clearance and letting it sit on the shelf a few months (perhaps confusing it with a fine cheese that needed to be aged) I decided to start Fuse. So far it's a pretty standard third-person shooter, but still fun.

I'm curious to hear if it is in fact Insomniac's worst game to date. xD

I imagine it's probably either that or Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. :P

I'm curious to hear if it is in fact Insomniac's worst game to date. xD

I imagine it's probably either that or Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. :P

It's absolutely terrible if you're playing by yourself. If you had a group of four players, it would probably be just as enjoyable as any other third-person shooter that doesn't try too hard to be different. (So, basically, any other third-person shooter ever)

I'd still rather play All 4 One since that at least has the charm and some of the fun of the R&C series, lol.

I'd still rather play All 4 One since that at least has the charm and some of the fun of the R&C series, lol.

Off topic but we should play this

Off topic but we should play this

I'm totally down for playing. Someone schedule a game night and I'd play.

In other news, I've been playing DBZ XenoVerse. It's actually a lot of fun. The whole what if scenario with each Saga from the DBZ universe adds a nice spin on things so it's slightly less annoying to kill Raditz for the umpteenth time. The character customization seems pretty cool too, but I'm always lame and go for stuff that looks like me. I like the RPG element to it, with the better you do in fights, to more EXP you get, and if you level up, you can boost various stats ranging from Health, normal attacks, stamina gauge (Needed for guarding, follow up attacks, and dashing,), ki gauge (needed for super attacks, teleporting, and firing ki blasts,) power of energy supers, and power of strike supers. The hub is slightly annoying as they ditched the ease of a Menu for literally a 3 way split hub. One is for advancing story and other miscellaneous things I haven't discovered yet, one is for multiplayer, quests, and the like, while the last is an item shop. You can purchase anything from accessories like scanners, to Yamcha's sword, capsules to heal yourself in battle, new pieces of clothing and equipment which for the most part can all be dyed, as well as new skills to use in actual fights. All in all, I'd say it's pretty damn enjoyable so far, and while I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a great game, I would say that I haven't enjoyed a DBZ game this much since the original three Budokai games.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd definitely like to get a game of All 4 One going. A few of us played it like, once, and never got back to it...might be time to dust off the game night forum, lol.

Anyway, I started playing Zelda: Twilight Princess, though whether I'll actually finish it or not remains to be seen. I've...never finished any of the 3D Zelda games. >_> (I got close with Wind Waker, but never finished getting the Triforce shards)

I'm playing two games right now.  Both of them are review games, so I can't talk too much about them... but both of them allow previews.  So, have these ultra exclusive previews* of these two games I've been playing.

*Previews=me rambling. May not be exclusive if you're been watching my Twitter. Also something about ghosts haunting your souls, because why not.

Awakened Fate Ultimatum - Actually lives up to its name way more than I thought it would, looking at information about the game.  Decisions really matter, and you'll see the consequences of your actions.  Gameplay is basic, but I've yet to get frustrated at it, and it doesn't get in the way of the plot too too much.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon - I thought this was gonna be stupid/half-baked/bleh.  It's not.  I'm having a blast.  I haven't unlocked all the features yet, though.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon - I thought this was gonna be stupid/half-baked/bleh.  It's not.  I'm having a blast.  I haven't unlocked all the features yet, though.

RE: Etrian Mystery Dungeon

Note for others: The following doesn't break any embargo rules or spoil any plot points and such; just a general feel for the game so far. I'm just putting this in spoilers so people don't get spoiled that don't want to be.

Same! I'm really enjoying it so far; I'm not far in it yet, but we'll see. I could easily see it possibly being my favorite entry in the series to date due to some of the new changes and such.

Went home for the weekend and decided to boot up Metroid: Other M. I really like the game so far. It's tough to grasp, but getting the hang of it. I am stuck on the two worm boss in a room. I can't beat it and it's frustrating. I will have to go back and continue playing in 3 weeks which is the start of spring break. I remember people didn't like the game or something, but I enjoyed it so far. I looked and it got great reviews. Wonder what's up lol.

Went home for the weekend and decided to boot up Metroid: Other M. I really like the game so far. It's tough to grasp, but getting the hang of it. I am stuck on the two worm boss in a room. I can't beat it and it's frustrating. I will have to go back and continue playing in 3 weeks which is the start of spring break. I remember people didn't like the game or something, but I enjoyed it so far. I looked and it got great reviews. Wonder what's up lol.

The gameplay is fine (mostly) but I think it's the story and particularly the portrayal of Samus that most everyone hated, lol.

Started Heavy Rain. By that I mean I installed the game and updated my PS3. Will play it in between playing Diablo 3.

I'm going through Hotline Miami finally. It's great, if disturbing and kind of falling apart the whole time.

Started Heavy Rain. By that I mean I installed the game and updated my PS3. Will play it in between playing Diablo 3.

Dude, I started Heavy Rain yesterday. I'm not joking. :blink:

Dude, I started Heavy Rain yesterday. I'm not joking. :blink:

Very nice. I didn't get a chance to play yesterday so maybe this monday I will get to play some. I'm excited to play the game.

Very nice. I didn't get a chance to play yesterday so maybe this monday I will get to play some. I'm excited to play the game.

Oh yeah, I'm really liking the game and it is pretty addictive.  It is really tense though. o_o

Dang, sorry keep pointing it out but this is also a thread that I started years ago ^^

Hahaha feel bad for missing out all these years now ^^

Anyways games that I am currently playing.

360 - Tomb Raider (was games with gold free game thing)  Really good, almost done now.  Next in line is

Brothers - Tale of two sons

MAC - Hex TCG (Highly recommended if you are willing to use a little bit of cash, if anyone needs help starting a deck I can lend a hand ^^)

Xbox one - Will be starting Assassins Creed IV Black flag as soon as I finish Tomb Raiders and Brothers.

ios - Solforge, Terrabattle

On and off - Heroes of the Storm & LoL

Huh, guess I'm really playing a lot of FF stuff currently... FF Type 0, FF 14 Realm Reborn, and Theatryhthm Curtain Call on 3DS. So much fantasy~♥

Even split between Bloodborne and Battlefild Hardline multiplayer - stressful solace and public mayhem. :)

Playing Assassin's Creed: Unity. It's not totally broken (anymore) but...it's still not very good. I somewhat regret giving up on AC Rogue after getting stuck on a terrible mission so I'm trying to see this one through.

• Like 1

I need to work on Ratchet and Clank: FFA. I have all the trophies except the 112 mile Hoverboot and 2.6 mile glide. It wouldn't be so bad if the game let you track it... or only require the amount needed that it does track (100mi award, 1 mi glide award).

I need to work on Ratchet and Clank: FFA. I have all the trophies except the 112 mile Hoverboot and 2.6 mile glide. It wouldn't be so bad if the game let you track it... or only require the amount needed that it does track (100mi award, 1 mi glide award).

How is it? That's actually the only game in the series I don't have aside from the Future games.

How is it? That's actually the only game in the series I don't have aside from the Future games.

I decided to sit down and grind out that ridiculous hoverboot/glide issue.  Took about 55 minutes, time I will never get back.   -_-

It's very short (5 stages? I'd have to double check)... and nothing like the previous games.  I played these co-op stages with my youngest nephew and he really enjoyed it, a lot more than he did All4One.  The weapons are gained via weapon pods scattered across the level.  It's essentially a tower defense game, except most of the defenses are worthless once you level up the starter blaster/saw blade weapon.  The Disco ball has its uses on one of the longer levels and you will need a slingshot on one or two levels.  However, those last two weapons at level 5 (either one) will you breeze through the stages.  There are a few benefits for collecting all the weapons, but wholly unnecessary unless you're 'completionist.'   It's a pretty decent game at ~$8-$10.  I'm not sure I could truly recommend it at its initial  $19.99 price point.  

Also, the competitive multiplayer is pretty awful. 

• Like 1

Started South Park The Stick of Truth. It is awesome. It is funny, incredibly detailed and the gameplay is like Paper Mario.

You haven't played any of the Future games? I thought they were really good and even thought Crack in Time was a bit better than Going Commando.

well since i got my ps4 last week i am currently playing dying light, zombie army trilogy and destiny.