HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Shin GenX

Obligatory - What are you playing right now!

Sup ppl's~!!!! Fellow podunkers!

Gaming update here.

Finished Ori & the Blind Forest, finished Life is Strange, finished Firewatch & Rise of Rome... I think that is all ^^

Now finally playing Arkham Knight.

Ori was cool, Life is Strange was awesome, Firewatch was not bad ^^, Rise of Rome was meh~

• Like 1

Sup ppl's~!!!! Fellow podunkers!

Gaming update here.

Finished Ori & the Blind Forest, finished Life is Strange, finished Firewatch & Rise of Rome... I think that is all ^^

Now finally playing Arkham Knight.

Ori was cool, Life is Strange was awesome, Firewatch was not bad ^^, Rise of Rome was meh~

Nice! I really enjoyed Firewatch when I played it back in December; hope we get more experiences like that soon.

I still REALLY need to play Ori & The Blind Forest; I've got a lot of stuff sitting on my XB1 that I need to get to but so many great games on PS4 and Switch keep coming out and keeping me preoccupied. ;__;

Also, I need to play Arkham Knight... >_>

I had a love/hate relationship with Arkham Knight, it was mostly hate.

I've not been feeling games lately, so I took a bit of a break. I'm trying to get back in it with Prey. Even though I've been really looking forward to Prey, the little I played was not all that impressive. Controls are kind of clunky, but I'm hoping the story will draw me in soon.

Now that the Overwatch event is over I'm getting back into Persona 5 full swing. I'll probably still play bits and pieces of other games (including Overwatch, because screw it, I can't deny I'm an addict) but I'm putting my effort towards actually finishing P5. I have a really bad habit of dropping off of RPGs and then having to restart them by the time I want to play again because I forgot what was happening, but with a game as long as P5 I really don't want that to happen. xD

I'm also halfway...ish (I'm in Area 4) through Blaster Master Zero so I'm gonna be trying to finish that too.

Nice! I really enjoyed Firewatch when I played it back in December; hope we get more experiences like that soon.

I still REALLY need to play Ori & The Blind Forest; I've got a lot of stuff sitting on my XB1 that I need to get to but so many great games on PS4 and Switch keep coming out and keeping me preoccupied. ;__;

Also, I need to play Arkham Knight... >_>

Are you also a fan of walking simulators?  I actually kinda dig that like I used to love playing point and click adventures back in the day.  I played Gone Home, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and now Firewatch.  I heard that "What remains of Edith Finch" is really good.  I will pick that up once that also goes on sale.  I never buy these walking simulators full price.  I think they are awesome but I treat them more like movies ^^.

Arkham Knight has been OK, nothing amazing, but not terrible at all.  A very good video game.

Next on my list is Dishonored 2!! ^^  Enjoyed the first one.  Wasn't blown away but Dishonored was on sale for half off ^^

My main game has been Persona 5, with some Overwatch thrown into the mix. One thing I have learned is I'm not too good at Overwatch, haha. But I'm enjoying it all the same. 

Also recently started playing Starbound. It is pretty much Terraria but in space. So far it is awesome and fun.

Putting most of my gaming free time into Fire Emblem Echoes at the moment. It's funny how I wasn't that excited for another FE game after we got Fates last year, but Echoes has really pulled me in and hasn't let go. I guess it helps that I'm also playing on Hard since it brings out more of the gameplay in a different way (I'll probably go more into detail in that later).

Also just about to finish up Cosmic Star Heroine, and I'm looking to finish Yooka-Laylee as well. Enjoying both (yes, even the latter) quite a bit!

I'm still on the fence about buying ARMS; I like what I've played, but not sure I want to spend $60 on it right now. We'll see.

I started Cosmic Star Heroine on Saturday and played it for 7 hours straight, and then played it for another 3 hours yesterday so...I guess I'm playing that. xD I dunno why I'm so hooked on it, I just am.

I also started Watch Dogs 2 so I'll probably play that. Sometimes. I hope.

Overwatch, you know, I hated this game when they had the beta, so I never bought it. Recently they had a free weekend and I tried it again, I liked it. It was on sale, so I bought it, and I'm really loving it!

Victor Vran, Diablo 3's one of my favorite games ever, and this is similar.

Nex Machina. More twin stick shooter fun from Housmarque.

Zelda Breath of the Wild. I kept forgetting I actually had this and the Switch! I finally got in a good couple of hours with it, there's just so much to do, it's overwhelming!

I finished Cosmic Star Heroine and Watch Dongs 2 so right now I'm playing 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (or whatever the full name is) as part of the Zero Escape: The Nonary Games collection. Once I get all the endings for it I'll start Virtue's Last Reward. I got one ending so far (a bad one, of course) so I'm on my way, I guess.

It's been too long ppls!!!!

Wanted to give a gaming update!

Just finished Undertale.  Got the true good ending.  I can see why the game got all the praise.  Really impressive game. Story and writing was top notch!  Also finished...  Arkham Knight, Stacking and Advanced Warfare.

Working on Fallout 4 now!!!

Hope y'all have been doing well ^^

Nice finish on those games. I was a little underwhelmed with Undertale, but I also played it at literally the worst time where literally everyone was fanboying about it, freaking out that I hadn't finished it and spouting inside jokes I didn't understand. Never played Advanced Warefare, but I enjoyed Arkham Knight despite it's obvious story direction.

I'm just finishing up Dark Souls 3 myself, all that's left is DLC 2 and I think I'm about halfway through it already. I'm looking to play Doom 2016 next hopefully, more action, fun, and such makes a good stream game I'd say, haha. 

My current games I'm working on are Yooka-Laylee, Turok Dinosaur Hunter and XCOM 2......always XCOM 2. Yooka-Laylee is much better after the spit and polish update. If ever they make a Yooka-Laylee 2 I hope they have learned a lot from the first to make an even better game.

Bit of Destiny 2. ARK, and Tales of Hearts R. I don't get much play time in, though. :( 

15 hours ago, Sailor Liztress said:

Bit of Destiny 2. ARK, and Tales of Hearts R. I don't get much play time in, though. :( 

How are you enjoying Destiny 2? I was playing it with a friend of mine and well...I'm already pretty board. The story is a whole helluva lot better, I'll give them that, but like, the game, to me at least lacks a bit of polish. Just a lot of small things that keep seemingly adding up over and over again. The lack of strikes or raids pre-level 20 is also kinda butts, not to mention that leveling is once again completely pointless and the skill tree just there for show.

Still playing Sonic Mania. I beat it already, but I'm now working on beating it with Tails solo and Knuckles solo. Then I might try Knuckles & Knuckles, since yes, that is a mode in this game.

Aside from that, I'm also playing Splatoon 2. Or, at least, I'm trying to. My internet doesn't seem to want me to play online at the moment, so all I can really do right now is play through story mode until I get it working online. Which is hopefully soon, because there are some Podunkers I'd like to play with.

5 hours ago, Royzoga said:

How are you enjoying Destiny 2? I was playing it with a friend of mine and well...I'm already pretty board. The story is a whole helluva lot better, I'll give them that, but like, the game, to me at least lacks a bit of polish. Just a lot of small things that keep seemingly adding up over and over again. The lack of strikes or raids pre-level 20 is also kinda butts, not to mention that leveling is once again completely pointless and the skill tree just there for show.

So far, I'm liking it. Honestly, there's a lot of it that just feels... different to me. As for the level 20 deal, it does suck. But as far I recall, the first one was the same way. You didn't get to 40 until one of the later DLCs.

Destiny 2, I'm addicted! I think it's a good improvement over the first game, I'm finding leveling up much less of a grind, and I don't hate PvP like I did in the first either. 

Well, I got a new Wi-Fi extender to amplify the signal up to my room (my house is big), so now I'm able to play Splatoon 2 online. So naturally, I can hardly put it down. Send help.

Currently playing Destiny 2. Got a lot to do still. And getting ready for the raid. So excited for the raid.

I've been playing a lot of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. That game is actually surprisingly good. And I've always hated Rabbids.

4 hours ago, Jordan Haygood said:

I've been playing a lot of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. That game is actually surprisingly good. And I've always hated Rabbids.

I got to play that with my friend in coop mode and it was pretty awesome.

So... Animal Crossing Pocket Camp is consuming my life. It's good for a mobile game but honestly, it makes me want to just play the actual Animal Crossing games that much more. I've also decided to hop back on FFXIV because I have missed it a lot. I don't miss paying the monthly fee but I'll get over that, haha.

Posted about this on Twitter the other day but I'm in a mad dash to play through a number of games right now in order to determine if any of them will make my list. If a game isn't grabbing me in its first hour or two, I simply move onto the next. xD

10 hours ago, Sailor Liztress said:

So... Animal Crossing Pocket Camp is consuming my life. It's good for a mobile game but honestly, it makes me want to just play the actual Animal Crossing games that much more. I've also decided to hop back on FFXIV because I have missed it a lot. I don't miss paying the monthly fee but I'll get over that, haha.

I've played a little bit so far! I liked it, but have only put in maybe 1-2 hours so far. Did you see that Christie Brinkley tweeted about it and said it was only "a hint of the crack that is the real Animal Crossing"? I kind of agree as well, but it's still super impressive that they managed to put the experience on a mobile device. xD