Jump to content

HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

 

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Shin GenX

Obligatory - What are you playing right now!

Recommended Posts

I just started my 'first' playthrough of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II on my stream. I saw first in quotations because I definitely played it when I was younger, like when it first came out, but can't remember beating it. Figure with all the bad Star Wars mojo going around it'd be a good idea to have some good Star Wars games! Somehow got it to cooperate finally with OBS too, that wasn't fun...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 1:24 AM, Jason Clement said:

Posted about this on Twitter the other day but I'm in a mad dash to play through a number of games right now in order to determine if any of them will make my list. If a game isn't grabbing me in its first hour or two, I simply move onto the next. xD

 

 

I've played a little bit so far! I liked it, but have only put in maybe 1-2 hours so far. Did you see that Christie Brinkley tweeted about it and said it was only "a hint of the crack that is the real Animal Crossing"? I kind of agree as well, but it's still super impressive that they managed to put the experience on a mobile device. xD

 

I saw and agree to an extent with her. Pocket Camp is done well to be that gateway drug to the actual game. Are there flaws with it? Yes, but it does a nice job of capturing what you could experience with the main games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys!!! I will be getting the Switch indirectly!!!  Hahaha my parents are getting it for my kids, and I have already borrowed Zelda BoTW and my son is getting Odyssey for his birthday.  So even though I have never bought a nintendo console myself since the SNES... well now that I think of it we have had some handheld consoles... but those haven't really appealed to me.  Now we are getting a switch!

 

I think I am finally going to really play and finish a Mario and Zelda game since.... Ocarnia and... Super mario land...

 

I have been very far away from Nintendo land ever since I touched a PS original and later on xbox.

 

Let's see if either game can best Dark Souls 1.

 

Oh and in the meantime I am playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I've been working on getting more gaming time under my belt now that I have free time. I've gotten back into Guild Wars 2 and have dabbled with PC Building Simulator (it's a fun game to play in spurts, I think). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides DMC 5 I am totally hooked on a game called Super Animal Royale. It's a super cute top-down 2D battle royale game with animals. I love it so much and just can't stop playing. It's simple and easy for anyone to play and enjoy no complex gimmicks or controls. I totally recommend checking it out with the free online demo.

 

 

It's on Steam now and might come to consoles later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started playing Anthem with my friends. I think I like Destiny better though. Anthem really needs a raid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 4:13 AM, DarkCobra86 said:

I started playing Anthem with my friends. I think I like Destiny better though. Anthem really needs a raid.

 

Haven't played it yet but I hear Anthem had a pretty rough start in its first few weeks? I'm wondering it'll be able to pick up like Destiny did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2019 at 5:19 PM, Jason Clement said:

 

Haven't played it yet but I hear Anthem had a pretty rough start in its first few weeks? I'm wondering it'll be able to pick up like Destiny did.

 

Yea it isn't that fun. I mean I have fun playing with my friends but still it needs better end game content, like a really fun raid.

 

Also started playing Quantum break with my friend and overcooked. Both excellent game. I love watching those tv episodes for quantum break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 7:40 AM, DarkCobra86 said:

 

Yea it isn't that fun. I mean I have fun playing with my friends but still it needs better end game content, like a really fun raid.

 

Also started playing Quantum break with my friend and overcooked. Both excellent game. I love watching those tv episodes for quantum break.

 

Honestly, it has a lot of improving to be done. I like it in short spurts though. 

 

Which is why I'm starting yet another new go-round on Diablo 3. Picked up the Eternal Collection for the Xbox (because who says you can't own too many copies of the same game, lol?) and decided to give the necromancer a whirl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 10:52 PM, Sailor Liztress said:

 

Honestly, it has a lot of improving to be done. I like it in short spurts though. 

 

Which is why I'm starting yet another new go-round on Diablo 3. Picked up the Eternal Collection for the Xbox (because who says you can't own too many copies of the same game, lol?) and decided to give the necromancer a whirl.

 

Man you are making me want to play diablo 3 again. But I'll wait for Diablo 4. With Anthem, it was clear that EA rushed Bioware to release it. With still so many bugs and things they need to fix. Give it time and I think it will get better. Destiny offers a lot more for me right now but it took them a lot of time to get there as well. Anthem right now needs a great fun raid that keeps you coming back for the grind. Right now it is literally just grind for skins and decal which is fun and all but that shouldn't be the end game. I want to grind for top end gear. Guns need to be better. At GM3 you have to rely on combo. So if you have a bad team comp it takes too long to finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 10:17 AM, DarkCobra86 said:

 

Man you are making me want to play diablo 3 again. But I'll wait for Diablo 4. With Anthem, it was clear that EA rushed Bioware to release it. With still so many bugs and things they need to fix. Give it time and I think it will get better. Destiny offers a lot more for me right now but it took them a lot of time to get there as well. Anthem right now needs a great fun raid that keeps you coming back for the grind. Right now it is literally just grind for skins and decal which is fun and all but that shouldn't be the end game. I want to grind for top end gear. Guns need to be better. At GM3 you have to rely on combo. So if you have a bad team comp it takes too long to finish.

I'm not sure I want to wait for Diablo 4, lol. And I do think that Anthem has potential. Which is why I'm not doing like I've heard others do and get a refund for it. I mean, I'm not sure I got my money's worth from it yet. But I want to give it a chance to improve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 9:06 PM, Sailor Liztress said:

I'm not sure I want to wait for Diablo 4, lol. And I do think that Anthem has potential. Which is why I'm not doing like I've heard others do and get a refund for it. I mean, I'm not sure I got my money's worth from it yet. But I want to give it a chance to improve. 

 

Anthem will improve. Bioware knows how to make a good game. Diablo 4 will be awesome whenever it drops. Just got to remember Destiny was even more grindy when it first came out. And look at how far the game has come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 6:06 PM, Sailor Liztress said:

I'm not sure I want to wait for Diablo 4, lol. And I do think that Anthem has potential. Which is why I'm not doing like I've heard others do and get a refund for it. I mean, I'm not sure I got my money's worth from it yet. But I want to give it a chance to improve. 

 

Tbh, I'm a little scared for Blizzard's future atm, especially after Activision finally made their first moves on putting checks and balances on them (with layoffs and such). Also, did I see that Overwatch is trending downward now (both in perception and sales)? Fortnite is really disrupting that whole scene, unfortunately for other developers.

 

But yeah, if Blizzard doesn't knock it out of the park with Diablo 4, I really wonder what'll happen to them. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 5:31 PM, Jason Clement said:

 

Tbh, I'm a little scared for Blizzard's future atm, especially after Activision finally made their first moves on putting checks and balances on them (with layoffs and such). Also, did I see that Overwatch is trending downward now (both in perception and sales)? Fortnite is really disrupting that whole scene, unfortunately for other developers.

 

But yeah, if Blizzard doesn't knock it out of the park with Diablo 4, I really wonder what'll happen to them. 😕

 

I think they will and can. My only disappointment is them jumping on the mobile bandwagon. Instead of doing that they should focus on a really really good and polished Diablo 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×