HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Shin GenX

Obligatory - What are you playing right now!

Lollipop Chainsaw was a blast. @archangelreb did you play Shadows Of The Damned? It's also by Suda51 and has the same quirkiness to it. It ended up being one of my favorite games last year.

I ordered Max Payne 3 as part of Amazon's lightning deals on Tuesday. It should be here tomorrow, really looking forward to it. I've also been playing Hotshots Golf World Invitational for Vita and replaying Arkham City and Arkham Asylum since I'm in extreme Batman mode.

Lollipop Chainsaw was a blast. @archangelreb did you play Shadows Of The Damned? It's also by Suda51 and has the same quirkiness to it. It ended up being one of my favorite games last year.

I ordered Max Payne 3 as part of Amazon's lightning deals on Tuesday. It should be here tomorrow, really looking forward to it. I've also been playing Hotshots Golf World Invitational for Vita and replaying Arkham City and Arkham Asylum since I'm in extreme Batman mode.

Sorry to jump in on the convo. But I have heard how good Shadows of the Damned. It is on my list of must play games.

@ Laddie 13 No but if it is anything like Lollipop Chainsaw I must look into it because I'm hooked on this game at the moment and I think I'll play through a second time.

Currently playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 on the PS3 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD on the 360. Both games are fun so far. Tony Hawk has been making me rage at the game. So frustrating when I'm trying to do combos, getting points, etc. I remember playing the original when I was younger. I'm almost done with the main story on XIII-2. Probably do a little sidequesting before moving onto the next game on my backlog.

@ Laddie 13 No but if it is anything like Lollipop Chainsaw I must look into it because I'm hooked on this game at the moment and I think I'll play through a second time.

Shadows Of The Damned is a third person shooter but it's full of irreverent weapons, characters and the story is very offbeat and cool like Lollipop Chainsaw. I would imagine by now you could pick it up fairly cheap. If you like Lollipop Chainsaw I'm pretty sure you will enjoy Shadows as well, I hope to see a sequel to it one day.

• Like 1

Currently playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 on the PS3 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD on the 360. Both games are fun so far. Tony Hawk has been making me rage at the game. So frustrating when I'm trying to do combos, getting points, etc. I remember playing the original when I was younger. I'm almost done with the main story on XIII-2. Probably do a little sidequesting before moving onto the next game on my backlog.

Dude I'm playing FF13-2 as well. Which part are you on? I think I'm pretty close to the ending and I have done various side questing already. There are two fragments so far that I know I haven't gotten yet. Might not be able to at all at this rate.

Dude I'm playing FF13-2 as well. Which part are you on? I think I'm pretty close to the ending and I have done various side questing already. There are two fragments so far that I know I haven't gotten yet. Might not be able to at all at this rate.

Just FAQ it or look for a visual example online like a youtube video. XIII-2 does some silly things with the fragments and later on 'gravity cores' that I would have a hard time seeing a normal person get them all without some help (especially since you have to revisit weird places in certain areas to find them.)... well, without a lot of frustration.

Just FAQ it or look for a visual example online like a youtube video. XIII-2 does some silly things with the fragments and later on 'gravity cores' that I would have a hard time seeing a normal person get them all without some help (especially since you have to revisit weird places in certain areas to find them.)... well, without a lot of frustration.

Haha, I did. One is to beat Yomi and I get him half way down and then he just "Wicked Whirl" me, and I usually survive one of them. I even go med/med/med. Before he hits me I go sen/sen/sen and then quickly heal and still can't survive. It's rigged. The other is the lucky fragment. What a waste of time, I tried it twice. I also had it, I had the super victory mode on the slot but ran out of coin.

I want to finish out Star Ocean but these damn silica soldiers keep beating my Arse. Help!!!!!

Playing some Mass Effect 3 multiplayer for Operation Overwatch while cursing at the game for freezing, crashing, glitching, and dropping game connection but I still play it. :/

Finally got around to starting Disgaea 4. It will probably take me infinity to finish though. I like to play Disgaea for an hour or two each day and actually don't mind the seemingly never-ending grind.

I want to finish out Star Ocean but these damn silica soldiers keep beating my Arse. Help!!!!!

Isn't that where you fight like several back to back fights with soldiers in the Last Hope? (And the enemies are colored like red-ish brown, I think. I could mention why, but I guess that's spoiler-ish). Anyway, what is your party? How have you been using skill points? (I think you really should be putting them into boosting your max health # for your main party, if you haven't)

Isn't that where you fight like several back to back fights with soldiers in the Last Hope? (And the enemies are colored like red-ish brown, I think. I could mention why, but I guess that's spoiler-ish). Anyway, what is your party? How have you been using skill points? (I think you really should be putting them into boosting your max health # for your main party, if you haven't)

Most are at least level 43and up but I seem to make it through six or seven waves and then boom everybody dies.

Most are at least level 43and up but I seem to make it through six or seven waves and then boom everybody dies.

According to the interwebs there is 8 waves total. So it sounds like you were just unlucky when you got to 6 or 7. Stealing this from gamefaqs here are some recommendations that might help.

"*Get your party around level 40

*Have any of your physical attackers to have the Critical Hit skill mastered

*Teach everyone the No Guard skill and master it as well

*Blindsides are amazing on these guys

*EM Bombs are another great way to get rid of these guys

*Have 1-2 healers in your party (One of them being Sarah)

*Use Reimi""

If you want barrel's personal input: I do think getting good at blindsides and having "No Guard" is a kind of a obvious necessity for difficult fights. Seriously, get skill "No Guard" on your favorite party members as you progress later on and, if you can (I think it was a special item that teaches you the skill), pour skill points into the ability that raises your max HP (Gamefaqs say it's called 'HP Boost' and is sold at the 'Astral City on Roak'. Occasionally found in some dungeons too I think.).

Anyway, when I played the game I mained Bacchus for most fights (and Reimi to a much lesser extent), and abused the heck out of his double projectile attack (non-art) he does as he is using the evasive dodge(his standing attack kind of sucks and is too slow. But he's almost a different character if you spam his dodge and tap the attack button). If you've never used him, he's a great way to be a coward and be mobile while doing damage, but a little hard to control if you don't get used to him... and because the targeting system is kind of (really) wonkey in that game. Having him with 'No Guard' and a lot of HP and he's really good I think... but you probably shouldn't have him in the party if you don't main him (or just command him to spam special arts)

Reimi is also a good character. Which the dude on gamefaqs apparently recommends you directly control, probably because she has some great special arts you can spam from afar and also be safe when you jump and shoot at times. My personal party was Bacchus, Reimi, Myuria.... and I think, Mercacle. But I think for that fight you'd want to throw Sarah in the party (I literally never used her, but she is apparently really good and has the best healing skills) or maybe the "'Kay" girl (also, never used her. Myuria was my permanent spell caster, but if you trust other people...) like that list recommends. Also, you may want to do some tweaking with your ally/AI commands. Those can make quite a difference in that game I think. For close quarters bulkier AI fighters with skills like 'protect ally' or something like that, while your spell caster with 'focus on healing or support'. Like for Sarah, you should go out of your way and disable all of her spells in the menu except the good healing abilities.

That was wordier than I wanted it to be. Anyway, since I haven't played the game in like 2 years I think, I can't remember more specifics, but I hope some of that helps you in that fight and later on in the game.

Edited by barrel
For fact checks.
  • Like 1

Well Front Mission Evolved sucks so I will be dropping that game. I have goten back into Ar Tonelico 2 now that my 360 died and I will be starting Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time.

Thanks Barrel I'm definitely going to try some of those suggestions. I guess now would be a good time to look and see if all of my charaters posses those skills.

@Cobra-I'm on the final episode and just need to beat the final boss. The monsters at Academia are tough. My classes are all above level 50. I have about 50 fragments so far. Right now I am just grinding to level up more. I actually have the limited edition collector's guide and it helped a lot. There is a skill where you double your CP if you get all fragments in Bresha Ruins and Yaschas Massif (all timeline areas). It should help getting CP faster.

@Arch-I have Star Ocean: The Last Hope International for PS3. I only beat the first boss in the planet so far. Last I played was last year. I definitely need to get back into that game. I was grinding some exp last time I played. Star Ocean on the PS2 was the only SO game I played/beaten before this one.

Playing through the Voltron game on PSN. Apparently it didn't go over too well but I actually enjoyed it.

I'm just getting into Brick-Force. It's a free to play FPS/building pc game that's being hailed as Minecraft with guns. It's cartoonish looking but seems like it might be fun.

@Cobra-I'm on the final episode and just need to beat the final boss. The monsters at Academia are tough. My classes are all above level 50. I have about 50 fragments so far. Right now I am just grinding to level up more. I actually have the limited edition collector's guide and it helped a lot. There is a skill where you double your CP if you get all fragments in Bresha Ruins and Yaschas Massif (all timeline areas). It should help getting CP faster.

@Arch-I have Star Ocean: The Last Hope International for PS3. I only beat the first boss in the planet so far. Last I played was last year. I definitely need to get back into that game. I was grinding some exp last time I played. Star Ocean on the PS2 was the only SO game I played/beaten before this one.

haha, yea I followed a guide. I have over a 100 frags. I'm almost max out on my CP too. I just need a couple more level. I can't get the lucky fragment yet nor the one where I get for beating yomi. They also got some tough monster from the void that I am trying to beat. I came somewhat close but died. I haven't touch any games in a week though. I been watching olympics after rotation and then I go to bed.

Not sure if you have gotten these weapons yet, but if you don't do it. Just save right before you fight immortal. Then fight him and if you beat him you can get weapons for Serah and Noel, those are +50% to ATB gauge. They are called "Indrajit" for Serah and "Remus and something" for Noel. And if you can get the Odin weapons for them both. Those are the ultimate weapons and suppose to get stronger as you get more fragments. So that is the point of getting all 160 something fragments..well that and getting some achievement/trophy i'm sure.

Let's see... I'm playing Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy. I got the game when it first came out, and I'm still addicted to it! I'm also getting ready to start up Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelations again... I got lost a while back and just didn't pick it up again. Hoepfully I can find out where I'm going.

I am just finishing Lollipop Chainsaw and all I can say it was a helluva ride. This is a must have game.

At this point it seems inevitable that it'll be down to $20, which is when I'll get it. I have enough backlog as it is and SLEEEEEPIIINGGGG DOGGGSSS in 9 days!

Played through The Walking Dead The Game Episode 2 ...well all I can say when the game started was whoa and close to the end ... ugh ... now to wait for Episode 3-5 ... in the coming months. Great game though some slowdowns and controls are kinda clunky so not really tailored for the PS3 since it's a port from the pc from the looks of it. :/

@Chronorayven I agree with you about The Walking Dead controls being kinda clunky. I'm just starting the first episode and while I find the story and characters intriguing, I also find it a bit slow. For me zombie games need to be fast paced like Left4Dead but it does stay very faithful to the comics and tv show.

I'm also playing Sound Shapes for the Vita. I love the music but overall I'm not all that impressed with the game. It's a very simpe puzzle game that I find repetitive. I understand that licensing the artists and music is probably costly but I was hoping for a more unique Vita experience. Take the music out and you have almost every puzzle game you have ever played on your smart phone except that it's going to cost $14.99 or $11.99 for Playstation Plus members.

I just played and finished DeadLight. This game reminds me so much of Shadow Complex which is a good thing it's just too bad the game is too short since I finished it in under 5 hours and with no replay value to speak off. Some other complains are some objects falling through solid floors, enemies still fight back after getting decapitated which should be instant death to them and some other glitches. Overall it's still a good game and hoping for a sequel though.

@Laddie13 you should try Dead Island then if you haven't played it yet though the fetch quest does slow the progression of the story a bit