HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Shin GenX

Obligatory - What are you playing right now!

Currently playing MGS4 and Darksiders (first one). Both are great games. 2nd darksiders came out today, and I will definitely be picking it up at some point.

I can't seem to stay attached to one game for very long and keep starting up new games. Transformers War for Cybertron kept me hooked from start to finish so it's a winner in my book. I am now Playing Fear 3 let's see how long that lasts.

Started playing Legasista today and intend to put a few hours on Diablo 3 tomorrow.

I played and beat Super Mario 3D Land recently.

The game overall is pretty good, however it has improper difficulty pacing and the worlds feel very shallow and linear. Not to mention the pretty awful boss fights, aside from an epic finale against Bowser. On the other hand, it has solid platforming, a lovely art style, and some pretty clever uses of level design.

Overall, the game is a good one and I definitely had fun playing it. And the suits, while feeling a bit overpowered, were a blast to use. A solid 6 and a half stars out of ten.

Still playing Dragon Quest VI... what I assume to be the final boss's first form kicked my butt, so I'm grinding for now. Some of my party members are close to mastering their vocations, so I'll try again after they have something better set up.

Also tried Castlevania: Lors of Shadow... I'm not really enjoying it, but I'll play it on and off when no one's around (action games make me RAAAAGE). Guess I'll try and like it! xp

Been playing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and I also started Sleeping Dogs yesterday so I'll be playing that. I'm also playing Half-Life 2 on and off.

Finally started playing Borderlands Goty for the very first time and I've been playing for hours now it's a very fun game. Going to try and finish this game completely and hopefully get it platinum'd. :)

Borderlands is fantastic and even better in co-op. It's also an easy, but time consuming Platinum, so you'll be occupied for a while :)

I'm playing through Transfomers Fall of Cybertron single player campaign and yeah no co op anymore but I'm thoroughly enjoying the game's story and I can't wait to play as Grimlock soon .... also will have to get back to Borderlands after I'm done with Transformers FoC. :)

I just started playing Resident Evil: Director's Cut and Lord of the Rings: War in the North tonight. RE is a bit dated, but it's still a great game. I'm only 2 hours into War in the North but it's enjoyable so far. The game is more linear than I would have liked, but the story is good enough to keep me going. I think with a little more polish and more areas to explore, it could have been an awesome game. So far, it just feels like an average game. I'm glad I rented it though.

Borderlands is fantastic and even better in co-op. It's also an easy, but time consuming Platinum, so you'll be occupied for a while :)

Borderlands is the kind of Platinum I like. I earned it without even realizing it or even aiming for Platinum. Too many games make you waste time searching for dumb stuff to get a trophy.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron came out so I dropped Fear 3 and started playing the second it came out on Steam. It's lots of fun just like the first game and has all kinds of new stuff that adds more fun.

I started playing The Amazing Spider-Man, and it's pretty enjoyable so far. The free roaming aspect is fun, but there's not much to do when you're out and about. The real entertainment comes from the missions, which are set up more like the past two Spider-Man games by Beenox and generally take place indoors...which sounds boring now that I've said it, but it really benefits the game, I think. The missions feel more like an action/adventure game and the free-roaming part feels more like a Spider-Man game, so the mix of the two benefits the game well.

I started playing The Amazing Spider-Man, and it's pretty enjoyable so far. The free roaming aspect is fun, but there's not much to do when you're out and about. The real entertainment comes from the missions, which are set up more like the past two Spider-Man games by Beenox and generally take place indoors...which sounds boring now that I've said it, but it really benefits the game, I think. The missions feel more like an action/adventure game and the free-roaming part feels more like a Spider-Man game, so the mix of the two benefits the game well.

I always buy Spider-Man games and feel let down every time. I'm probably just going to rent this one to be safe.

GTA Chinatown Wars and Wipeout 2048.Will look into playing Trine 2 and Dust an Elysian Tale(super furry game) when I have more time.

I'm actually playing Dust right now and will be reviewing it. And, yeah, super furry game is definitely one way to describe it.

Hmm... I'm still slogging through Lords of Shadows. It has its fun/interesting moments, but I'm really starting to think I don't enjoy action games, since I had to same general reaction to Devil May Cry 1 and 3, as well.

Also played a lot of Muv-Luv Extra yesterday from lack of energy to do anything. Nice game, but I'm really just rushing through it and Unlimited to get to the supposed awesome-ness that is Alernative.

I'm not sure if I'll stick with it the whole way through, but I played five hours in a row of "Madballs in Babo: Invasion" yesterday, and I really like it so far! The campaign seems pretty short but I only played through a few missions, as most of my time was spent on the very addicting multiplayer. It's a shame the game is dead by now!

Been playing Darksiders 2 and I like it a lot but at times I feel I spend more of my time searching for the next destination and or articles than I do actually playing. I've also hit a wall with the current boss battle, I know how to beat it but getting it done is proving to be tedious so I keep rage quitting in frustration.

I decided to give Dead Island another chance and started over from the beginning. This time, I'm going to use my bare hands for combat as much as possible. Beating zombies with fists appeals to me for some reason. I noticed there's still no patch for the game which surprises me a little. With all the sales, you'd think they would have patched the game for at least some of the many bugs.

I decided to give Dead Island another chance and started over from the beginning. This time, I'm going to use my bare hands for combat as much as possible. Beating zombies with fists appeals to me for some reason. I noticed there's still no patch for the game which surprises me a little. With all the sales, you'd think they would have patched the game for at least some of the many bugs.

Didn't dead island have some kind of new version release?

I know Dead Island was given a GOTY edition and there's a sequel coming out in the near future.

@kezins what are you playing Dead Island on? I bought it for PS3 but never played it much and had been interested in getting back to it but I really don't feel like playing another game plagued by bugs.

I really dislike Dead Island for the fact that it's just so.... boring...

Every time I try giving the game another go, I'm bored out of my mind and can't wait till I play something else. It's not a bad game, but it sure is an uninteresting one.

And it's about zombies! How do you make a game about zombies boring?! They write themselves! :P

I know Dead Island was given a GOTY edition and there's a sequel coming out in the near future.

@kezins what are you playing Dead Island on? I bought it for PS3 but never played it much and had been interested in getting back to it but I really don't feel like playing another game plagued by bugs.

I'm playing it now on PS3. It's still a very buggy game.