HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Tip for PS+ Users that Don't Have Much Space Left on their Hard Drive

So a lot of you might already know this but for those who don't, here it is.

If you want to download a free PS+ game to play through at a future time but don't have enough room on your hard drive AND it's going to disappear from the Playstation Store as a free game soon, just go to the game on the store > start downloading it > and then immediately cancel the download.

That way it'll show up in your downloads for you to download later as long as your PS+ sub is active. This tip actually came from one of the guys on Playstation Blog, so go figure. :D

• Like 2

I have very little space left on my HD, but fortunately I don't have PS+ (I'm doing a trial right now, but I'm not gonna keep it) so I won't be downloading all sorts of free games, thankfully. If I ever do decide to get a sub. I'll definitely use this though, so thanks for the tip.

When I was mooching off my cousin's PS+ a year or so ago, I did this to snag some games I knew I wouldn't get to in that month but wanted to play later. :)

Great tips man, I don't have PS+ but have heard this before. Definitely will use it if I get PS+. But in all honesty I would also suggest for people to upgrade their harddrive if possible. Also, if you want you can always keep a list of what game is one what HDD so you can always switch your HDD back and forth and not have to redownload everything to the new HDD and have it use up a bunch of spaces in one go. I know that is a hassel but personally for me I would probably do that.

I use this tip all the time. I'm always worried about space even with the 320GB model. I realize I'm eventually going to be forced to upgrade to 1TB or use this method even more.

I use this tip all the time. I'm always worried about space even with the 320GB model. I realize I'm eventually going to be forced to upgrade to 1TB or use this method even more.

Yeah I stopped with PS+ mostly because I didn't have time for all those free games and I ran out of space! I keep wanting to upgrade my second PS3 like I did with my first but I'm too lazy lol

I have very little space left on my HD, but fortunately I don't have PS+ (I'm doing a trial right now, but I'm not gonna keep it) so I won't be downloading all sorts of free games, thankfully. If I ever do decide to get a sub. I'll definitely use this though, so thanks for the tip.

No no what you should do is STILL add the games to your account. With PSN+ any game you've ever added to your account will be free whenever you activate. So if you for instance add Scott Pilgrim right now and next year you decided to try PSN+ Scott Pilgrim will pop up in your downloads list available.

The ONLY real problem with PSN+ is once you get a 'free' game there's no way to perma-own it. For instance BioShock is 'free' right now but if you're planning on letting your subscription lapse in February there's no way to take advantage of the huge sale that non+ members get. or any sale that occurs during your tenure as a PSN+ member.

I haven't actually noticed it lately. I think they're pushing more toward the unlimited rental ("free") games and less to the discounts which is depressing because while the 'free' games are annoying the discounts used to be awesome.

I have a metric ton of free games on PSN but i don't download the full games anymore. I have the entire prince of persia series, Rainbow 6 Vegas. I just started Borderlands and I have Red Dead both with all the DLC. Once I finish those maybe I'll start on Saint's Row 2