HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Johnny Cage

All-time favorite videogame characters.

Johnny Cage    15

I know it's been done to death, but since the site overhaul, we haven't gotten this discussion properly.

My list:

1. Cammy

2. Sonya Blade

sonya-mk9-white.png

3. C.Viper

cviper-v1.png

4. Johnny Cage

5. Diddy Kong

diddykong.jpg

6. Terry Bogard

7. Travis Touchdown

8. Cody (Final Fight)

9. Kano

10. The Prince (Prince of Persia games)

11. Batsu Ichimonji

tvc-batsu-ichimonji2.jpg

12. Chris Redfield

chris-re5bust.png

13. Paul Phoenix

paul-sfxt-white.png

14. Blue (Pokemon games)

15. Frank West

16. Akira Yuki

17. Ryu (Street Fighter)

18. Toad

19. Mileena

20. Kenshi

21. Gene (GodHand)

22. Mai Shiranui

23. Spyro

24. Bomberman

25. Alan Wake

26. Trish (Devil May Cry)

27. Ryu Hayabusa

28. Sonic the Hedgehog

29. Reptile (Mortal Kombat)

30. Yoshi

31. El Fuerte

32. Chuck Greene

33. Nathan Drake

34. Amaterasu

35. Tanooki Mario

36. Tanya (Mortal Kombat)

37. Kyle Travers (Final Fight)

38. Ice Climbers

39. Fox McCloud

Fox_Screenshot.jpg

40. Saki Omokane

41. Guile

42. Poison (Final Fight)

43. Shy Guy

44. Iori Yagami

45. Jade (Mortal Kombat)

jade-mk9artwork.jpg

46. Solid Snake

47. Crash Bandicoot

48. Ivy Valentine

49. Kirby

50. Orchid (Killer Instinct)

51. Lara Croft

52. Master Chief

53. Pacman

54. Nico Bellic

55. Duke Nukem

56. Kyo (King of Fighters)

57. Dante

58. Koopa Troopa

59. Jill (Resident Evil)

60. Jon Talbain

61. Bayonetta

62. Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

63. Megaman X

64. Albert Wesker

65. Sarah Bryant

66. Jann Lee

67. Jago (Killer Instinct)

68. Scorpion

69. Christie Monteiro

70. Lt. Surge (Pokemon games)

185px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Lt_Surge.png

71. Yoshimitsu

72. Strider

73. Bowser

74. Sephiroth

75. Li Mei (Mortal Kombat)

• Like 1

Andres    3

Mines will be...

Link= Legend of Zelda series

Max= Dark Cloud 2

Terra= Final Fantasy 6

Pokemon Trainer= Pokemon series

Serge= Chrono Cross

Lightning= Final Fantasy 13

Squall= Final Fantasy 8

Sly Cooper= Sly cooper series

Daxter= Jak and Daxter series

That's it for now lol xD

Kezins    335

My favorite all-time game characters would probably include Link, Sonic, Mario, and Master Chief.

mr.me    73

Geno from Super Mario RPG is my favorite. Also like Samus, Travis Touchdown, Clank, Solid Snake, HK-47, Vivi, Gordon Freeman.

I would have to say my # 1 favorite character would have to be Solid Snake, he's just an overall badass in every game! Not to mention that the MGS series were an amazing set of games, imo. My next choices would be Ratchet & Clank and Crash Bandicoot, both great games in their own right! Wish they had more games like those now. I feel like games used to be more creative back then, to some extent, now the shift seems to be towards graphics and not so much gameplay (Obviously there are many cases where this is not the case - but there are many where this is).

Such as COD, AC same game, same graphics, mostly same gameplay overall, they just keep churning em out every year for a quick buck.

• Like 1

I would have to say my # 1 favorite character would have to be Solid Snake, he's just an overall badass in every game! Not to mention that the MGS series were an amazing set of games, imo. My next choices would be Ratchet & Clank and Crash Bandicoot, both great games in their own right! Wish they had more games like those now. I feel like games used to be more creative back then, to some extent, now the shift seems to be towards graphics and not so much gameplay (Obviously there are many cases where this is not the case - but there are many where this is).

Such as COD, AC same game, same graphics, mostly same gameplay overall, they just keep churning em out every year for a quick buck.

SNAAAAAAAAAKE! I absolutely love Snake! And Big Boss in MGS3. And The Boss... Y'know, I just love Metal Gear Solid. Amazing series, for sure.

Veridis_Quo    3

The all-time definitive video game character can be no one else but the mushroom consuming pipe jumping goomba stomping and infamous turtle hater Mario from Super Mario Bros. Gaming as we know it wouldn't be here without Mario - the original mario game alone saved the video game industry from the brink of bunkruptcy; that alone merits major props.

8_bit_Mario_sprite_by_gotbored27.png

Jessica Jung    82

Mine would have to be Lightning, Link, Ashley/Garrus/Miranda from Mass Effect, Isaac from Dead Space, Nathan and Elena from Uncharted, Trip from Enslaved, Jackie from The Darkness, Starkiller, and Jin from Tekken.

PoukiSan    1

That's a tough one ¬_¬

I'll go by genres.

Adventure (they did exist :( )

Guybrush Threepwood!!!

Gabriel Knight

Larry Laffer

RPGs

Nameless One :) (Torment)

Minsk (Baldur's Gate)

Tali (ME, c'mon she's an elf engineer with a hidden face and glowing eyes, what's not to love :P)

Safiya (NWN2:MotB - really liked the game as well)

Shale (Dragon Age - close to Morrigan)

Dog Companions wherever!!! (Fallout3 and DA come to mind)

Fighting

Paul (Tekken)

Kenshi (MK, for the poser factor)

Action & Platform

Luigi (just because)

Raziel (Soul Reaver)

Out of the top of my head :P

DarkCobra86    570

Wow I have a lot, that's a great list from all of you guys. Definitely big boss and the boss from mgs series. Megaman and megaman x, zero too. Mario and Link are two classics you can't pass up. Cloud, Zack, Squall, and Auron are a few of my favorites from the final fantasy series. Crono is a huge favorite of mine. These are just some off the top of my head. I should make a more complete list one day.

I have tons of characters that I love. But here is my list of the...actually. You know what? I'll write an article about it. *starts writing*

Emilia Clarke    850

1. Solid Snake (MGS)

2. Tali'Zorah vas Normandy (ME)

3. Nathan Drake (Uncharted)

4. Chloe and Elena (Uncharted)

5. Leon Kennedy (RE)

6. Femshep (ME)

7. Maleshep (ME)

8 Samus (MP)

9. Link (Zelda)

10. Alice (American McGee)

11. Liara (ME) - Probably should rank about 5 or so places higher.

12 Kane (C&C)

13. Lara Croft

14. Gordon freeman

15. Glados

Sort of in order but not really.

The Gamer    0

Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Dante (Devil May Cry)

Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy 7)

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)

Nina and Anna Williams (Tekken)

Vergil (Devil May Cry)

The Boss (Metal Gear Solid)

Claire Redfield (Resident Evil)

Agent 47 (Hitman)

Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7)

Guest ...   
Guest ...

1. Link

2. Red from Pokemon

3. To many tie at 3 to count.

rrquinta    9

Great thread idea... Other than some of the obvious ones (like Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong), I'd have to go with pretty much the entire Persona 4 cast, especially Naoto Shirigane.

I also am a big fan of most of the characters in Dragon Age Origins and DAII, especially Anders.

... That's what immediately pops into my head, anyway!

DarkCobra86    570

Great thread idea... Other than some of the obvious ones (like Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong), I'd have to go with pretty much the entire Persona 4 cast, especially Naoto Shirigane.

I also am a big fan of most of the characters in Dragon Age Origins and DAII, especially Anders.

... That's what immediately pops into my head, anyway!

Wow Anders? Most people hate him.

rrquinta    9

LOL. I KNOW. I KNOW. I actually kinda hated him in DAO: Awakening, but I really liked what they did with him in DAII - even though ... well, don't want spoilers for anyone. I found him to be a really interesting character and I actually preferred the new voice actor over the original.

But I also loved ... oh what was her name? the little elf? She had a brief part in DAO and then joined your party in DAII? How can I not remember her name?! I loved her and romanced her even though I know most people found her annoying. I found her hilarious.

Rex705    359

Well I don't want to make an edless list so i'll give the best of the best. No order just a list.

1 - Solid Snake (Metal Gear)

2 - Master Chief (Halo)

3 - Fox McCloud (Star Fox)

3 - Ratchet & Clank (Ratchet & Clank)

4 - Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)

5 - Albedo (Xenosaga)

6 - Dante & Virgil (Devil May Cry - the real one)

7 - Vincent Valentine (Final Fantasy 7)

8 - Zack (FF7 Crisis Core)

9 - Entire cast (Legend of heroes a tear of vermilion)

10 - Wesker (Resident Evil)

Ok the list was longer then I thought so I'll leave it at that.

DarkCobra86    570

LOL. I KNOW. I KNOW. I actually kinda hated him in DAO: Awakening, but I really liked what they did with him in DAII - even though ... well, don't want spoilers for anyone. I found him to be a really interesting character and I actually preferred the new voice actor over the original.

But I also loved ... oh what was her name? the little elf? She had a brief part in DAO and then joined your party in DAII? How can I not remember her name?! I loved her and romanced her even though I know most people found her annoying. I found her hilarious.

Merrill?

I have heard that Anders is much cooler in DA2. But I'm still mad. DA2 had this stupid glitch that wouldn't let me continue on with the main quest. And I was still only on act 1. Apparently that happened to a lot of people. I even replayed and try to avoid what could trigger it based on what I read online. It didn't work :(. I was really sad.

rrquinta    9

Yes, Merrill! Thanks, DC! Yeah, I loved her but most of my friends hated her.

Ugh. I'm sorry you hit a glitch. The game was really flawed (DAII), but I loved the characters. I thought they were even better than DAO in some ways.

DarkCobra86    570

Yes, Merrill! Thanks, DC! Yeah, I loved her but most of my friends hated her.

Ugh. I'm sorry you hit a glitch. The game was really flawed (DAII), but I loved the characters. I thought they were even better than DAO in some ways.

I for some reason...at least up to the glitched enjoyed DAII more than DAO. I can't really pinpoint why exactly though. But then again, this could be because I never got to the more flawed part of the games?

Guest ...   
Guest ...

For this year I liked Lighting Farron and Nathan Drake. Light's pretty much a bad a-- all around. Drake is a charamastic fortune hunter, whats not to like?

Kezins    335

For this year I liked Lighting Farron and Nathan Drake. Light's pretty much a bad a-- all around. Drake is a charamastic fortune hunter, whats not to like?

I can't place my finger on it, but I really can't stand Nathan Drake. I'll take Tomb Raider over Uncharted any day of the week. Lol

Guest ...   
Guest ...

I can't place my finger on it, but I really can't stand Nathan Drake. I'll take Tomb Raider over Uncharted any day of the week. Lol

Maybe it's bothering you that he gets Chloe and Elena xD

I usually would like the female counter part more. But so far Tomb Raider doesn't really have character development. I think the reboot of the series to change that though.

I like how Drake is a fortune hunter and is in a selfish field of work. Yet at the end of the day his always willing to do the right thing even if he ends up with nothing at the end.

Plus Uncharted has a better cast. Chloe who is a stark contrast to Drakes goodie touchy ways. Elena who is the good girl reported that can hold her own. Sulli who even if reluctantly will do the right thing, has also been taking care of Drake since he was a kid. Charlie who is hilariously afraid of small places. And I mean it's funny because you would think a thief wouldn't have problems with that.

DarkCobra86    570

Maybe it's bothering you that he gets Chloe and Elena xD

That does bother me, why can't I be as awesome as Drake :(.