HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Leah

Share your last beaten games here!

It's always awesome beating that game you've worked so hard on (or maybe it's something you didn't particularly like and you wanted to get it over and done with). In any case, you usually wanna tell everyone that you finally did beat that game. So go ahead and tell us! What game(s) did you beat last? What were your thoughts on it?

My last beat game was Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Being a fan of the Ace Attorney series, of course I would pick this little gem up. I liked the concept a lot for both the story and gameplay. Really interesting twist at the end (and man do the mysteries keep coming throughout the whole game). I would probably give it an 8 or 8.5/10 biggrin.png

Well, I beat The Simpsons Arcade Game a few times recently but I don't know if that really counts, since I beat it before that too. So the last game that I would consider an actual "beat" was Analogue: A Hate Story. Since I wrote a review about that though there's nothing much more to say about it, haha! It was a great visual novel and I wish the author had a larger catalog of games to play through.

Just finished beating Saints Row: The Thrid the other day. Weak endings, but a really fun game.

Just beat Toy Story 3 for PS3! It was incredibly cute and I recommend it to fans of the franchise.

Ghost Trick was great, or should I say..... There is noooooooothing like it, baby! **dances down a set of stairs**

Anyway, the last game(s) I beat was RAGE and FFXIII-2. RAGE was good, but was pretty dang slow early in I thought (with the illusion of quests and a open-world), but the core game is pretty solid but I don't think that it is apparent until later with the more pure actiony segements. FFXIII-2 was also good I thought, the ending had fair reason to be controversial among people who played it, but aside from that I found it to be pretty engaging throughout (except for one vague story related fetch quest)...Rage actually felt pretty slow in comparison actually....which is odd.

Also finished another character route of Katawa Shoujo during my break today, which was widely regarded as the worst among fans....but honestly, I didn't mind it personally, actually preferred it over another character's. Now only one more to go, maybe, Lost Odyssey is also staring at me also close to the end **contemplates seriously on what to do next**. I actually won a copy of Toy Story 3 for PS3 recently (courtesy of a certain raffle) and was unsure what to do with it, but I may actually play that next, then again, I still haven't seen the movie yet...decisions decisions.

I just finished Sonic Adventure. I didn't exactly want to play it, but I've always wanted to see the final fight with Chaos. Wasn't very good.

Yes, Ghost Trick was truly one "cool cat" ;)

Anyway, the last game I beat... I don't even remember... I started so many games recently that I haven't beaten yet that I sorta lost my memory on what I actually beat last :P

Was really close to the end anyway (was a little burned out by some near end game grinding for a bit) but I just finished Lost Odyssey; not gonna lie, man tears were almost shed at the end.

While it's a flawed game in several ways in terms of core gameplay (and story a little), it somehow manages to make me almost completely overlook it due to how the story is told (especially the super awesome Thousand Years of Dreams short stories) to the likable cast....well, except the kids, I think they should've stayed home (/cold), but everyone else was relatively cool. Very good game overall actually, it does make me wish that those Nautilus devs (dissolved into some part of feelplus now) would create something new in line to another Lost Odyssey or Shadow Hearts: Covenant (a little more Shadow Hearts in terms of gameplay), since I really think they have a certain knack for rpgs, well, even if it was Sakaguchi's/Mist Walker's help for script in LO's primarily, but you know what I mean; I want another game.

not gonna lie, man tears were almost shed at the end.

You became a liar the moment you said "almost".

Lost Odyssey is beautiful and I've only gotten to the second disc... ;_; I really need to finish it one of these days bleh... Worth it alone just for the Thousand Years of Dreams stories.

I just finished Assassin's Creed Revelations and getting 100% sync on all memories for trophy was such a pain. Now off to watch AC Embers to finish Ezio's story off.

Lost Odyssey is beautiful and I've only gotten to the second disc... ;_; I really need to finish it one of these days bleh... Worth it alone just for the Thousand Years of Dreams stories.

Aw, if you can get past the worm boss on disc 1 though, I'm sure the rest of the game will not present too much of challenge...except maybe disc 4 (which demands grinding I think), plus disc 2 and 3 go by pretty quick actually (more so if you run from every fight like I did until disc 4). There is also lots of juicy Thousand Years of Dreams stories you are missing out on... *tries to pressure Leah into finishing*

You became a liar the moment you said "almost".

Hey, I was being honest! If I were to shed the waterworks it would probably be more from a certain event near the end of disc 1 and some of the short stories, but no harm in admitting it was touching stuff at the ending too.

Anyway, I also finished the last character route of Katawa Shoujo (Hanako's), thanks for the lack of sleep before a big presentation you fiendish game! (/doesn't mean it....completely). Seriously though, I will confidently defend the game and say it's great and I am glad I got around to playing it in its entirety, well, almost entirety (I'll play around with bad endings soon enough, I will not stand for a 96% completion!). I was pretty jaded about it at 1st, but now I have no shame in admitting that I played/enjoyed it and will officially join the late bandwagon of fans. And Shizune isn't that bad, c'mon people....

I'll probably leave this thread alone for a bit, since I go through too many games that it will seem like spamming soon enough. (then again, I'll be stuck with a lot of rpgs, so probably not)

My last game was NeverDead and now I am working on Haunting Ground.

My last game was NeverDead and now I am working on Haunting Ground.

OH GOSH I freakin' love Haunting Ground. I seriously hope you enjoy it. Please tell me your thoughts once you do beat it <3 I am very interested to hear what you think about it.

I love FemShep. MaleShep bugs me to bits and pieces. He's just way too wooden for me. xD Plus, I have a ladyboner for Jennifer Hale.

I love FemShep. MaleShep bugs me to bits and pieces. He's just way too wooden for me. xD Plus, I have a ladyboner for Jennifer Hale.

I, too, have ladyboners for Jennifer Hale, and her voice acting is superb, but I mean the new default face for her looks weird.

Also, I think BroShep and FemShep both bring different things. Seems like FemShep is more expressive, while BroShep's more stoic.

As for the topic at hand, I also just beat that demo, but before that, Resident Evil: Revelations. ;D

Dawn of War 2 and Space Marine, pretty close to beating a campaign in Dawn of War Soulstorm (oh how Kiwi wishes he had people to play that against)

Oh man I've been so busy the last game I beat was Alan Wake like....gosh...probably almost 8 months or so ago now. : ( I've got so many to play and I'm so excited to play them I just wish there was more timmmmeeeee....

Finally have beaten something since Ghost Trick haha :D This time it's Rhythm Heaven Fever! Such a hard game, but so fun.

Won't divulge too much here ;) You're gonna have to wait until my review is up!

• Like 2

Finally have beaten something since Ghost Trick haha :D This time it's Rhythm Heaven Fever! Such a hard game, but so fun.

Won't divulge too much here ;) You're gonna have to wait until my review is up!

I'm gonna use my super sleuth powers (monitoring your Twitter) to assume... you liked it.

Congrats on finishing Dark Souls! I might start playing the game this summer when I have a lot of time and patience available. I recently finished Sonic Generations and am still working on Skyrim.

Indeed we do. And thank you Kiwi for making it easier for me to move it.

I think the last game(s) I beat was Modern Warfare 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I remember nothing about Modern Warfare 3 after I beat it, I think America won or something, that's it. Revelations was solid, definitely better than Brotherhood, but the series is still feeling a lot of fatigue in my eyes (And I'm disappointed there wasn't as much story as the beginning kind of led you to believe there would be, but at least it did wrap up Altair's and Ezio's story kind of nicely).