HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Leah

Share your last beaten games here!

I finished Far Cry 4...sort of. The final choice you have to make at the end of the game either leads to the actual ending or just sort of...ends the game right then, and I didn't know doing what I did would just sort of stop everything since the whole point of the rest of the game was pretty much to do that one thing. There's no way to replay the final mission, because of course there isn't.

That really sucks.

I Platinum'd The Order already. I finished it yesterday with a total of 2 days, 5 minutes to platinum. Not play time, just time since I started it...

That really sucks.

Yeah, it's annoying because the whole game is pretty much leading up to that moment, and you have to pretty much completely ignore your first instinct to even see the real ending.

On a completely unrelated note, I forgot I also finished F.E.A.R. 3 recently in co-op with TK.

Played through A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build last night and wrote a bit about it. Review might not be exactly the right word: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrninjasquirrel/recommended/316610?snr=1_5_9__402

I Platinum'd The Order already. I finished it yesterday with a total of 2 days, 5 minutes to platinum. Not play time, just time since I started it...

What did you think of it? Heard it's pretty divisive. :o

What did you think of it? Heard it's pretty divisive. :o

I'd give it a solid 6/10, honestly. They had a lot of cool concepts, the combat was entertaining and the game is freaking gorgeous. Sadly, the story never reaches any kind of conclusion, not one that I'm happy with, and the pacing in the game itself is rather terribly handled. 

I finished Tomb Raider 2013 earlier. I had played part of it on PS3 not too long after it came out but never finished it, so I ended up getting the PS4 version while it was on sale and managed to play all the way through this time. ^_^

Just beat Metroid Prime 2: Echoes last night. It has some issues, but I liked it a lot; the only thing I really seriously didn't like was the last final boss fights, which just weren't that fun and very hard at the same time.

Might do a LTTP post on it though, especially since I think much of the design and puzzles are a bit better than Prime's were.

I finished Fuse this morning. If there's one thing I can say about it, it's that...the game certainly wasn't lacking in orange.

Just beat Metroid Prime 2: Echoes last night. It has some issues, but I liked it a lot; the only thing I really seriously didn't like was the last final boss fights, which just weren't that fun and very hard at the same time.

Might do a LTTP post on it though, especially since I think much of the design and puzzles are a bit better than Prime's were.

My friend and I are on MP2 now, I heard they made it easier on the Wii collection, which I can totally see why. Ugh, some of these boss fights are a huge pain in the butt.

My friend and I are on MP2 now, I heard they made it easier on the Wii collection, which I can totally see why. Ugh, some of these boss fights are a huge pain in the butt.

Some of the bosses were still a pain on the Wii/U version; if they were made easier then, I'd hate to know what they were like in the original GC version, lol.

Some of the bosses were still a pain on the Wii/U version; if they were made easier then, I'd hate to know what they were like in the original GC version, lol.

Specifically the ones that I've seen as difficult or have completely bodied me at points were the Boost Guardian and the Alpha Blogg.

Specifically the ones that I've seen as difficult or have completely bodied me at points were the Boost Guardian and the Alpha Blogg.

Yeah, totally agree with this; those were the only two bosses I died on (sometimes more than once) besides the final boss. Alpha Blogg in particular leaves little room for error, so it almost boils down to having enough energy tanks to survive the fight.

Played through Steam & Metal the other day. It was definitely...a game.

In more interesting news I also finished the second episode of Republique tonight, which is fantastic even if its stealth aspects are sort of just - there -.

I reviewed both for those curious.

http://kritiqal.com/2015/03/04/republique-remastered-review-in-progress/

http://kritiqal.com/2015/03/02/steam-metal-review/

I finished Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Now...I feel compelled to hide that game away as far as I can possibly send it, where it can't hurt anyone. Maybe Venus.

I also finished my playthrough of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon by kinda random chance. I started it up to get the last trading card drop and played it while I waited, and it turns out I left off right before the last mission, so I finished it up.

I finished Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Now...I feel compelled to hide that game away as far as I can possibly send it, where it can't hurt anyone. Maybe Venus.

Oh man. You'll have to help me out since I got to some island and literally can't figure out what to do next, lol.

Oh man. You'll have to help me out since I got to some island and literally can't figure out what to do next, lol.

The island hub area (I already forgot the name of it because my brain has already begun scrubbing every memory of that game from existence) is really confusing to get around since it never gives you a waypoint arrow. I only got around by bringing up the map every few seconds and looking at where the objective was, looking at where I was, moving around, and looking again to see if I was getting closer or further away. :\

The one time it gives you a waypoint it's behind a gate that it doesn't tell you how to open, lol.

I also finished my playthrough of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon by kinda random chance. I started it up to get the last trading card drop and played it while I waited, and it turns out I left off right before the last mission, so I finished it up.

I kinda wanna go through the Sonic games at one point. Considering the classics aren't incredibly lengthy, they can probably be finished in one to two sittings. I mean, I've played them before, yeah, but I never actually beat anything prior to Sonic Adventure DX on NGC. FC3: Blood Dragon is another one on my list...Maybe sometime soon. 

I kinda wanna go through the Sonic games at one point. Considering the classics aren't incredibly lengthy, they can probably be finished in one to two sittings. I mean, I've played them before, yeah, but I never actually beat anything prior to Sonic Adventure DX on NGC. FC3: Blood Dragon is another one on my list...Maybe sometime soon. 

Yeah, of the four main games, Sonic & Knuckles will take the longest, but only if you play both characters. For a single run, Sonic 3 is the longest, but would still really only take a couple of sittings or one dedicated one. I've never come close to finishing 3D Blast or Spinball so I'm not sure about those.

I have the opposite issue that I've hardly beaten any of the modern Sonic games. I've finished the hero story in SA2, Rise of Lyric, Shadow the Hedgehog, and that's pretty much it, lol.

Yeah, of the four main games, Sonic & Knuckles will take the longest, but only if you play both characters. For a single run, Sonic 3 is the longest, but would still really only take a couple of sittings or one dedicated one. I've never come close to finishing 3D Blast or Spinball so I'm not sure about those.

I have the opposite issue that I've hardly beaten any of the modern Sonic games. I've finished the hero story in SA2, Rise of Lyric, Shadow the Hedgehog, and that's pretty much it, lol.

Yeah, 3D Blast and Spinball are the two games I just have no interest in trying to complete since I don't find them very fun. :/

I actually still need to get to Sonic Colors and Generations; still have those ones sealed on my desk. :o

I finished Assassin's Creed Unity with a Platinum. I miss the vs. multiplayer, it was something way different in a world of obligatory multiplayer in FPS and Third Person cover fire games.

I finished Assassin's Creed Unity with a Platinum. I miss the vs. multiplayer, it was something way different in a world of obligatory multiplayer in FPS and Third Person cover fire games.

Are you much of a completionist these days? I haven't seen anyone Platinum anything on here in a while!

Are you much of a completionist these days? I haven't seen anyone Platinum anything on here in a while!

Not really. I binged on it for a few days. I usually platinum Assassin Creed games. Unfortunately, I didn't platinum AC3 and AC: Brotherhood. Brotherhood glitched on me, or I'd have one on there too. It randomly stopped giving me trophies until I deleted the install file, but by then.. I was missing the sequence trophies and wouldn't come up via replay.

I played through an odd game called Off-Peak. It's free on itch.io if you want to check it out. I wrote a thing about it. I'm still trying to process what exactly the game was.

http://kritiqal.com/2015/03/06/off-peak-review/

I finished Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, though it looks like I'll be playing it 4 more times if I wanna see all the endings. o_o (or just watch them online, I guess, but I'll definitely play it again either way)