HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Leah

Share your last beaten games here!

I finally finished Halo 4 the other day. Really, really enjoyed it. Feel pretty safe in saying I consider it the best Halo game yet, which is the sort of thing that causes the internet to eat you alive so if you don't hear from me again you'll know what happened.

Anyway here are some more words about it if you care (it's OK, I didn't really care either): http://kritiqal.com/2015/04/15/halo-4-single-player-review/

I finally finished Halo 4 the other day. Really, really enjoyed it. Feel pretty safe in saying I consider it the best Halo game yet, which is the sort of thing that causes the internet to eat you alive so if you don't hear from me again you'll know what happened.

You're right. It is the best Halo campaign yet. I finished it in a sitting, the immediacy of the whole Cortana thing drove me to completion. Jesus, that ending. 

Spoilers for ending:

"I'm not coming with you this time."

Piano: ping ping ping pewwwww

Me: *teeeeeeeeeeeears*

"I am not leaving you here..."

"John..."

Violin: doooo dooo dewwwwww

"It was my job to take care of you."

"And you did."

Yes. I have most of it memorized. 

tumblr_mrmln2lyn91rdsnxoo1_500.gif

Just finally beat Super Meat Boy. The last few levels were agonizingly difficult, but strangely, the final "fight" with Dr. Fetus was fairly easy and underwhelming. The chase after is quite tricky, and the music for the final fight is awe-inspiring, but the battle itself wasn't nearly as imposing. Ah well, still a great game.

Don't remember if I mentioned it before (looks like I haven't) but I beat Mega Man X4 recently. Played through as Zero first, but I'll probably go back and play through as X at a later point as well. Thought it was pretty good though the voice acting was sub-par for sure.

Would love to get a Maverick Hunter X remake of it, but we all know that's not happening now. Come back, Inafune! :(

Just finally beat Super Meat Boy. The last few levels were agonizingly difficult, but strangely, the final "fight" with Dr. Fetus was fairly easy and underwhelming. The chase after is quite tricky, and the music for the final fight is awe-inspiring, but the battle itself wasn't nearly as imposing. Ah well, still a great game.

Man, I still need to beat that. Started it on Steam several years ago but I think I got sidetracked by other stuff. Makes me wonder if they'll ever make a Super Meat Boy 2.

• Like 1

Oh hey, I beat and Platinum'd FF Type 0 yesterday. Gameplay was fantastic, Aesthetic reminded me of FFX, music was great, story was...interesting? Listen, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I completely understood the ending, but I definitely wanna know. Also, I find it equally exciting and disturbing that the game has a cut scene viewer, in which I'm missing more than half even after finishing the game. Guess multiple endings really are a thing...

Anyone else played Type 0? I'd love to talk to some others that have beaten it. 

Oh hey, I beat and Platinum'd FF Type 0 yesterday. Gameplay was fantastic, Aesthetic reminded me of FFX, music was great, story was...interesting? Listen, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I completely understood the ending, but I definitely wanna know. Also, I find it equally exciting and disturbing that the game has a cut scene viewer, in which I'm missing more than half even after finishing the game. Guess multiple endings really are a thing...

Anyone else played Type 0? I'd love to talk to some others that have beaten it.

Yeah, also the story is told in a way that it makes more sense during the 2nd run. (Like different dialogue and cutscenes altogether, including a very different ending. Also, you probably missed school event cutscenes too.)

Yeah, also the story is told in a way that it makes more sense during the 2nd run. (Like different dialogue and cutscenes altogether, including a very different ending. Also, you probably missed school event cutscenes too.)

Yeah? Huh, does it make a difference the difficulty you play on? I'm kinda super over leveled for the game right now, haha.

Yeah? Huh, does it make a difference the difficulty you play on? I'm kinda super over leveled for the game right now, haha.

I doubt it does. My experience is based on the PSP version which didn't even have them... or that easy leveling trick that I hear is in this version (I also heard there is some sort of extended ending on the 2nd run that I haven't seen that is exclusive to the HD version.).

I doubt it does. My experience is based on the PSP version which didn't even have them... or that easy leveling trick that I hear is in this version (I also heard there is some sort of extended ending on the 2nd run that I haven't seen that is exclusive to the HD version.).

I might have to try it out then, maybe aim for completing as many side quests and missions as I possibly can, haha. After a bit of a break though. Need to devote some time to some other games I've yet to finish, like Persona Q...God, I've been on the fourth dungeon of that game for like 3 months now. I blame Realm and Mortal Kombat X for recently stealing my time- but mostly Realm.

Don't remember if I mentioned it before (looks like I haven't) but I beat Mega Man X4 recently. Played through as Zero first, but I'll probably go back and play through as X at a later point as well. Thought it was pretty good though the voice acting was sub-par for sure.

You are more skilled than I. I finally managed to beat the Spider Boss after about 25 or so tries, but that is it. The game is whooping me.

You are more skilled than I. I finally managed to beat the Spider Boss after about 25 or so tries, but that is it. The game is whooping me.

Don't feel too bad; it took me around the same amount of tries to beat him at first, but once you nail down his patterns and when to jump to avoid getting caught in the web, he's a lot easier. And don't get me started on Magma Dragoon; he has one of the craziest movesets for any Maverick fight and took me some 30+ tries to finally beat him. >_<

• Like 1

I finished Shovel Knight (again, on PS4 after finishing it once on Steam) and Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, though both have a New Game+ mode with the obligatory trophy for completing them, so I'll be playing them again. Heck, I've already started Shovel Knight's NG+ mode. ^_^

Edit: And now I've finished Shovel Knight's NG+ mode. :D

• Like 1

Over the last few days I've finished Escape Dead Island, Among the Sleep, and Ryse: Son of Rome. They were all pretty short, though, so it's not really an accomplishment. xD

• Like 1

I finished Shovel Knight (again, on PS4 after finishing it once on Steam) and Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, though both have a New Game+ mode with the obligatory trophy for completing them, so I'll be playing them again. Heck, I've already started Shovel Knight's NG+ mode. ^_^

Edit: And now I've finished Shovel Knight's NG+ mode. :D

What's new in Shovel Knight's NG+ mode? I've been meaning to try it out but haven't had the chance lately.

What's new in Shovel Knight's NG+ mode? I've been meaning to try it out but haven't had the chance lately.

Not a whole lot, it's basically just hard mode. You take more damage than usual, each stage only has 2 checkpoints, and nearly every food platter has a bomb in it instead of food. And you can change your armor in the village instead of waiting to open the armor outpost. That's about it.

Venom why haven't you mentioned that we beat Outland last week? ;_; don't you forget about me (sings the song). D-d-d-don't you forget about me. Lol jk.

Anyways Outland is the only game I've beaten lately and co-oped with Venom. Took us a day and half. Well could have beaten it in a day, but it was a school night and had to sleep.

The boss fights were pretty darn fun and challenging especially the final boss. I actually want to play more of these type of games cuz it's so fun playing with someone. I recommend the game. I never beaten it on PS3/360 cuz of the multiplayer lag issues, but Steam was perfectly fine. Woo!

Venom why haven't you mentioned that we beat Outland last week? ;_; don't you forget about me (sings the song). D-d-d-don't you forget about me. Lol jk.

I totally remembered! I just...uh...wanted to see if you remembered! :P

I beat Crimes and Punishments Sherlock Holmes, which I liked a lot. Although I think LA Noire is a bit better.

I also started and beat in the same day Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeros. Even for $8 it was disappointing. It really should have been a free download.

I beat Crimes and Punishments Sherlock Holmes, which I liked a lot. Although I think LA Noire is a bit better.

I also started and beat in the same day Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeros. Even for $8 it was disappointing. It really should have been a free download.

Did you like Crimes and Punishments more than the previous Sherlock Holmes game? I forget which one that was, but I think it came out in 2012 or 2013.

Lesse, barrel, Venom, and myself finally kicked Dracula's face in in Castlevania: Harmony of Despair.  God, he was hard.  For whatever reason, though, he didn't use any of his really annoying attacks (like the damn triangles or near insta-kill lasers) and instead busied himself with charming mine and barrel's characters multiple times.  Oh, and the game froze up when getting the stats for all that, so the game itself didn't record it, but... the trophy popped, so whatever.

Oh, and when I went to put in my completion time on HowLongToBeat, apparently I already beat the 360 version years ago.  So, yeah, that was a thing.

Did you like Crimes and Punishments more than the previous Sherlock Holmes game? I forget which one that was, but I think it came out in 2012 or 2013.

I haven't played the previous one, this is my first. I just happened to see a preview somewhere and thought it looked good. Did you not like the previous game?

I finished Sniper Elite V2 in co-op with TK earlier this week, and a few hours ago I finished Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze. It's not the worst TMNT game ever made, but it still feels really rough around the edges.

I finally beat Atelier Totori, whoo.  I got Sterk's ending, mainly out of spite for Atelier Rorona locking me out of his ending because I did too well.  Baloney, that was.

Anyway, out of the two, I liked Rorona a bit more, though I did enjoy many of Totori's improvements.  I just feel that the time management stuff wasn't done quite as well in Totori--there were too many stretches of time with no plot development, and I was left wondering if I was doing something wrong.  Also I couldn't have my "fishing tournament" because Rorona didn't wanna go :<

Only four more game to go until I'm finally caught up on the series /barrel

I finished Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham earlier. It was fun, but didn't offer anything out of the ordinary for Lego games.

I finished Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham earlier. It was fun, but didn't offer anything out of the ordinary for Lego games.

How would you compare it to LEGO Batman 2 or LEGO Marvel? Better or worse? xD