HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Leah

Share your last beaten games here!

How would you compare it to LEGO Batman 2 or LEGO Marvel? Better or worse? xD

I've only played the first few missions of Lego Batman 2 so I'm not sure about that. As for Lego Marvel, I definitely like it better than LB3, but I'm kinda biased. Even Bats can't compare with my favorite Marvel heroes and villains (and whatever Deadpool is that particular day), and plus, Lego Batman 3 feels more restrictive than Lego Marvel. Partly because the free-roaming areas are pretty small, but also just the level design in general makes LB3 seem much more confined, even when you're exploring other planets.

I beat Red Dead Redemption. I really liked it even better than GTA. Great story, chracters, gameplay everything. The music is possibly the best in any video game ever.

I finished Splatoon's campaign yesterday. Dat final boss was crazy. o_o I'll still be playing the heck out of multiplayer though.

I beat Red Dead Redemption. I really liked it even better than GTA. Great story, chracters, gameplay everything. The music is possibly the best in any video game ever.

Do you have Undead Nightmares? If so you should play that next. It is short and fun. That ending was crazy since I didn't really see it coming.

Do you have Undead Nightmares? If so you should play that next. It is short and fun. That ending was crazy since I didn't really see it coming.

Not yet. I wasn't sure if I wanted it or not, but since you recommended it I'll pick it up soon, thanks!

I finally finished "The Frog For Whom The Bell Tolls" (the game this is from).

Then I beat Link's Awakening for the 385,129th time. Due to a fun glitch I spent the entire game with, though, the ending had a bit of a fun twist.

I've beaten quite a lot of games lately while being away from social media and not posting/tweeting much cuz stuff and nobody talks to me much anyways.

I've beaten:

-Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
-Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond

-Life is Strange Episode 2 and 3

-Dead Island

-One Piece: Pirate Warriors

-Splatoon Campaign

Upcoming Games to Choose from to play:

-Fallout 3 GOTY (Tempted to finally play Fallout lol)

-One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (Might play this while waiting for Venom)

-The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (Hearing so much about The Witcher 3 made me want to play the 2nd)

-Dead Island Riptide (waiting for Venom to take a break from Splatoon so we can continue co-oping)

Anyways gaming as much as I can while applying for jobs which goddamn nobody wants to hire me lol. Mad, but gotta be patient.

I've been on a horrible streak of starting games and not finishing them. I recently picked up The Witcher 3, Ori and The Blind Forrset, Bloodborne, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and DmC Definitive Edition and abandoned all of them. I generally only have a few hours at a time to play games and it's just so easy to step into something familiar than something new.

I've beaten quite a lot of games lately while being away from social media and not posting/tweeting much cuz stuff and nobody talks to me much anyways.

I've beaten:

-Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

-Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond

-Life is Strange Episode 2 and 3

-Dead Island

-One Piece: Pirate Warriors

-Splatoon Campaign

Upcoming Games to Choose from to play:

-Fallout 3 GOTY (Tempted to finally play Fallout lol)

-One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (Might play this while waiting for Venom)

-The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (Hearing so much about The Witcher 3 made me want to play the 2nd)

-Dead Island Riptide (waiting for Venom to take a break from Splatoon so we can continue co-oping)

Anyways gaming as much as I can while applying for jobs which goddamn nobody wants to hire me lol. Mad, but gotta be patient.

Once you get that job you won't be gaming much. You'll just end up getting 1 or 2 hours a night if you are lucky.

If you have the Witcher 1 you should play it first then play 2.

• Like 1

Platinum on Lego Batman 3 (well, except for purchasing my unlocked final character... essentially done) yesterday.

I noticed something when I was playing co-op with my nephew.  The story trophies on PS4 unlock for the partner as well, but you don't need to actually finish the level.  If you've finished it once before and then save/exit, it gives you the trophy.  With that... the majority of the remaining trophies are essentially "Play with these two characters," "visit hubs," "transform these characters" and "turn on all red brick at the same time." So people hunting trophies an get a pretty quick platinum if *somebody* saved their 99.9% completion save file on PS+

Just finished Majora's Mask 3D a few days ago. I'd played it before on my LoZ Collector's Edition but didn't fully comprehend exactly how much they'd overhauled the graphics until I saw the final section of the game (no spoilers). I compared the scene side-by-side and was absolutely blown away. Great game. Something I noticed is how many minigames there are. In fact, looking at it critically, the entire game is like a series of minigames. Definitely not a typical Zelda title, but that's why I love it. It's so refreshing not to be faced with the same old same old.

One thing that's a bit disappointing is the lack of a second quest... not that the original had one, but it would have been nice to see some replayability.

• Like 1

I finished Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. It was a lot of fun, so now I'm looking forward to playing Half-Genie Hero. :D

I haven't beaten a game since April and that was MKX's story, which was good and bad at the same time. It was enjoyable but the story plot-wise doesn't live up to MK9, and there are a lot of plot holes and lack of character development kinda leaves a lot of questions unanswered. The MKX comic storyline does a lot more explaining despite being a direct prequel. 

The last game I beat was Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. I stopped playing for a while after I reached the very last place for some reason, but I recently picked it back up and beat it. It's overall a really great game, and I cannot wait for Paper Jam  :doge:

A friend and I just played through all of Custom Robo for the GameCube. While the writing is pretty funny at times, we both agreed that the actual game did not age well at all. You get tons of equipment to make your character unique but then none of it matters because the only move that you have to use to beat the entire game super easily is the default dash attack.

• Like 1

I've been on a horrible streak of starting games and not finishing them. I recently picked up The Witcher 3, Ori and The Blind Forrset, Bloodborne, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and DmC Definitive Edition and abandoned all of them. I generally only have a few hours at a time to play games and it's just so easy to step into something familiar than something new.

I like your avatar ;)

And I've just beaten Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes a few days ago. It made me want to buy the upcoming game as I was a bit reluctant.

I beat Lost Dimension.  Hey, I actually managed to beat a review game far ahead of its embargo!

And that's all I can say right now, because embargo.

I just finished the adventure game Primordia and it was awesome. I got 5 of the 7 endings but sadly I missed a part to get the best ending oh well. If you like adventure games you should totally grab this one it's awesome.

I hear they made like a prequel or something to explain more of the awesome lore that you don't get in the game. I would love to check that out so I'll have to look it up.

Wow it's been a while since I finished a game I'm impressed.

Batman Arkham Knight. Well, at least the main story part, I've been going back to do side missions now. I liked the game a lot but had a love / hate relationship with the Batmobile.

Batman Arkham Knight. Well, at least the main story part, I've been going back to do side missions now. I liked the game a lot but had a love / hate relationship with the Batmobile.

On Twitter, I've been noticing that a LOT of people are saying that the Batmobile has completely sapped the whole experience for them. Curious to know what I'll think of that aspect when I eventually play the game, but it's interesting to hear since it seems to be an otherwise amazing game.

On Twitter, I've been noticing that a LOT of people are saying that the Batmobile has completely sapped the whole experience for them. Curious to know what I'll think of that aspect when I eventually play the game, but it's interesting to hear since it seems to be an otherwise amazing game.

What is wrong with the Batmobile in the game?

Batman smells, the Batmoblie lost a wheel and Robin laid an egg.

In my opinion from playing the game (and nearly to the end of the main story) the Batmobile is overused and not that much fun to drive to begin with, so you end up in a lot of situations where you're stuck having to deal with the finicky controls and often ridiculous situations it throws you in (obstacle racing courses, fights against a huge amount of enemy vehicles) for a good chunk of the game. For me, it basically feels like when the developers added the Batmobile as their big addition to the new entry in the series, they went overboard trying to say "see, we added a new feature!" by shoehorning it in everywhere.

I haven't really paid much attention to other people's thoughts, but it's probably somewhere around those lines. :P

In my opinion from playing the game (and nearly to the end of the main story) the Batmobile is overused and not that much fun to drive to begin with, so you end up in a lot of situations where you're stuck having to deal with the finicky controls and often ridiculous situations it throws you in (obstacle racing courses, fights against a huge amount of enemy vehicles) for a good chunk of the game. For me, it basically feels like when the developers added the Batmobile as their big addition to the new entry in the series, they went overboard trying to say "see, we added a new feature!" by shoehorning it in everywhere.

I haven't really paid much attention to other people's thoughts, but it's probably somewhere around those lines. :P

So I'm curious, how much of the game is based on Batmobile gameplay? Like, is it 50/50 with on-foot stuff? Or 60/40?

A while back I beat Arkham Origins and really liked it. I wonder why so many people don't like it. Never had a problem much in the game. The only thing that happened to me are two glitches where I punched a guy and he went through the wall, a bad guy somehow got stuck on top of the door during thug fights, and another thug got stuck under the stairs which he was standing there yelling at me running like a dumbo lol. I just meh them and walked away. The Riddler stuff is tedious and I want to try the multiplayer, but it's dead. Nobody is online. I am sad. I just beat the game and return the game to my friend which I borrowed the game from.