HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Leah

Share your last beaten games here!

Finished Lords of the Fallen, probably won't go back for 100%

More forgiving than the DS series, with healthy check points.  Once you open doors, you realize just how confined they made this game.... misleading as it's just a series of corridors.   I still dislike games that use terrible cheese mechanics under the guise of "difficult."

So I'm curious, how much of the game is based on Batmobile gameplay? Like, is it 50/50 with on-foot stuff? Or 60/40?

Realistically it's probably about 50/50, I think it just feels like more to me because I dislike using it so I'm biased. xD Like, there are a lot of story missions that require it at some point, but most of it is just short sections of driving to one place or another, which isn't really that bad. It's the battles against other vehicles and chase sections that are annoying, and some of the other optional stuff (a few godawful race tracks especially) really made me hate it early on. When I'm not required to use it I prefer to just use the Grapnel Boost to launch myself up and glide everywhere, since you get a great view of the world the developers crafted instead of the bottoms of a bunch of buildings and posts/trees/etc that you'll inevitably run into if you waste time looking around.

I felt the Batmobile's combat was not only horrible but redundant as well. As for the racing side missions, I won't be doing them, I hate racing games, don't force it on me in an Arkham game. It's kind of nice at times getting from point A to point B much faster but it's easy to miss things like riddler trophies and side quests in the Batmobile. There were a few puzzles that made good use of the Batmobile that I really enjoyed but over all I kind of hated it and in the end I felt it detracted from my overall enjoyment of the game.

Played through Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Mortal Kombat X's story most recently. 

I played Revelations 2 in co-op and man does it seem like player 2 gets the worst parts of the game (For Barry's campaign the 2nd player is forced to play as a little girl who can literally do nothing but point where enemies are at or for Clare's the 2nd player is basically relegated to flashlight duty and can occasionally do slow melee attacks.). We had fun but the 2nd player definitely feels like an afterthought if a human player controls it. Gotta say that I was surprised by how much more natural the dialogue felt in comparison to earlier RE games though despite how Resident Evil lore is really dumb.

As for Mortal Kombat X it seems like they sorta flipped what I found most interesting about 9. Like, for 9 the hokey but entertaining story was the main draw for me and as a fighter it was just ok. In X it seems like they really improved the fighting mechanics but the main story is just ok. Like, the production values were improved a lot, and they try to make it more active with QTE stuff, but they focus a bit too much on the uninteresting new earthrealm characters and it gets pretty predictable later on.

I finished Batman: Arkham Knight the other day. I did all the side missions except the Riddler stuff, because there's 243 trophies/riddles/etc and ain't nobody got time for that.

Beat Narcissu 1st (or just "Narcissu" I think) yesterday. It only took about 2 hours or so to read the whole thing if anyone is interested in it. I have.....kinda mixed feelings about it as a whole though. On one hand, I thought the story was pretty original and quite interesting. I'll admit that I got pretty emotional, so I definitely can give the game credit there. The overall presentation was also quite nice - the music and art was great and fit the mood of the game perfectly.

However, the one thing that really bugged me was that the characters felt pretty flat, with nothing really particularly special about them besides "well, they're going to die soon so you should care about them". I mean, throughout the whole game the female lead was just like "I'm neutral about everything and have no emotions", then suddenly at the end she's like "Oh wait I have emotions finally....it's too bad the game is ending now". Honestly.....it was just a bit disappointing to not get more invested in the game. I wanted to care about the characters as the story was genuinely interesting, but meh, oh well.

I guess I have Narcissu 2nd to look forward to now. I'm not how that'll go but maybe I'll leave some impressions of it after I beat it.

By the way, both games are free if anyone's interested. :D

So I'm curious, how much of the game is based on Batmobile gameplay? Like, is it 50/50 with on-foot stuff? Or 60/40?

It's honestly used a lot more than I thought it would be. When I first played the game as well it felt like mostly an over used gimmick. By the end of the game though it felt like...an over used gimmick. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty a time where I actually did enjoy zipping through the streets of Gotham, crashing into as much stuff as I could just to see what my war steed could destroy. When it mattered though, during actual story missions and even side quests of important value the controls felt clunky and cumbersome. Not to mention I find it very hard to believe that crashing into a car at top speed head on while causing the engine to completely explode doesn't kill at least one of the thugs riding along.

Since I also just 100% cleared the main story for the first time I can probably give my two cents on it as well-- Batman Arkham Knight started out poorly, boring and fairly confusing. It's like they assumed you had literally just played Arkham City or perhaps missed a few prologue missions. The game just started way to fast for me to easily adapt to, especially with the shoe horned Batmobile mechanics and tutorial. Sure, it was useful down the line since it's such an important part of the game, but for the entire first hour of me playing I couldn't stop wining about how it was by far the worst Arkham game in the series, even more so than Origins. About two hours or so finally passed to where I had my first face to face encounter with the Arkham Knight himself, and I could start to feel some major character development and establishment, as well as a real sense of danger, or at least the latter as I found corpses of employees littering streets and long hallways. Though, something continued to feel missing, an integral part of the Arkham formula stripped away that made this title feel lonely. Not the lack of Riddles, (243...are you kidding me?) not the lack of side missions or villains to stop, but the lack of one homicidal clown prince. Considering the game literally opens with-- 

The Joker being cremated after the events of Arkham City, you'd assume that'd mean an entire game without him. Finally, a Batman game that can give the spotlight to other characters and plots. Or at least that's how it seemed for the first hour or two. Sadly, similar to Arkham Origins, I found myself incredibly bored, almost forced to go through droll missions for the sake of them just being missions. That is until it's revealed that the play from Arkahm City where Joker infects you with his blood comes into effect. Batman literally starts having psychotic breaks, hallucinating full on conversations with the Joker-- And they're pretty damn awesome. Actually, it was about here that I really started to enjoy the game...Sensing a pattern? Arkham Origins had a similar problem, advertising other villains as the main just to bring in the Joker later. Luckily the Joker really is dead this time around, but oh god, this game definitely highlighted him, especially with bringing back Mark Hamil again after he said he'd never pick up the role again. Still though, the Arkham series is 4 main console games at it's core, not including the spin offs for hand helds of course and all of them have a central focus of the Joker. Even if he's not per say the main villain, he still is very much a major character and any lack of him leaves the game devoid of fun and meaning. Not to say that it's impossible to have a Batman title without the Joker, it just seems unlikely that RockSteady will ever take that step, especially now that the series is supposedly over.

Phew, long spoiler post, but mostly non-important stuff, except for maybe an Arkham City spoiler or two.

Funny enough, towards the end of the game I actually loved using the Batmobile, even though it felt forced down my throat for the good majority of the game. Especially considering the number of boss fights or drone encounters with it...Upgrading the super eject and grapnel boost definitely made it easier to maneuver around the city, and definitely more fun. Alright, let's drive really fast for three seconds, eject up past the tallest building in Gotham, and glide seamlessly towards my next objective. On a closing note, I hate you Riddler. This is by far your most annoying entry in the series and I hope to never see another TV screen with your face on it. 

On a closing note, I hate you Riddler. This is by far your most annoying entry in the series and I hope to never see another TV screen with your face on it. 

Oh man, tell me about it. Him chiming in every 2 minutes to say "there's some riddles over there you haven't solved what are you stupid lol fail" was so annoying. The random thug chatter also annoyed me at certain points since you need to listen for specific conversations or sounds to complete some of the side missions. Wish you could turn those fools off.

Oh man, tell me about it. Him chiming in every 2 minutes to say "there's some riddles over there you haven't solved what are you stupid lol fail" was so annoying. The random thug chatter also annoyed me at certain points since you need to listen for specific conversations or sounds to complete some of the side missions. Wish you could turn those fools off.

Both of these yes. Especially after you clear the game and the thugs say things pertaining to the plot and ending over and over again. As a note for just...annoyance, the Riddler would also chime and be like, oh there's still riddles over here...But there weren't. Like, if you're gonna be an annoying sack of crap at least be correct with what you're telling me.

• Like 1

I finished Sacred 3 just now. It's not a bad game (despite its "overwhelmingly negative" review status on Steam) but it's not anything special either. Just an average hack 'n' slash that's fine if you just wanna kill things from an isometric angle.

During the trip I've beaten a couple of games on 360.

-I co-oped with my bro on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

-I finally started and beat AC: Rogue (bought the game BF last year)

-I finished up Gun which is a nice western game. Pretty outdated lol, but it was fun.

I wanted to game more, but didn't have much time as I spent time outside with family, atv riding, sight seeing, touring, etc. It was an awesome trip.

Also when I got home I played the latest episode of Life Is Strange (Episode 4). It was pretty awesome with twist and turns. Looking forward to the final episode.

Now that I'm back home, I'm still sad my PS3 can't read discs, but this will make me work on my 360 backlog and digital games on PS3. Currently looking out for PS3 cheap deals. Woot!

-I co-oped with my bro on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Dude, I still really want to play this game at some point; I should track it down on Amazon. Loved the first one!

Lessee, I've recently finished: Star Trek (the 2013 game...yes, that one), Xeodrifter, Adventures of Pip, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, and Resident Evil: Revelations. Out of them Revelations has been sitting the longest waiting to be finished, so now I can say it's not sitting waiting to be finished anymore! Just Revelations 2 is now. And Code: Veronica. And REmake REmaster. And RE6. And...*wanders off muttering something about zombies*

Lessee, I've recently finished: Star Trek (the 2013 game...yes, that one), Xeodrifter, Adventures of Pip, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, and Resident Evil: Revelations. Out of them Revelations has been sitting the longest waiting to be finished, so now I can say it's not sitting waiting to be finished anymore! Just Revelations 2 is now. And Code: Veronica. And REmake REmaster. And RE6. And...*wanders off muttering something about zombies*

Hang in there man, some of those are fantastic. One of those is...regrettable. Though, I'm biased as an RE nut.

Ahem--! In the past month I've finished Persona Q and Bravely Default! Finally, finished both of those once I sat down with it and...

Well let's see. I spent around 90 hours in Persona Q, breeding the right skills for Personas, making the ultimate team, making sure everyone had their ultimate weapons and such, so that was cool. Though, I totally broke that game. Dragon's Cry + Infinite Link + Death Chaser + Debilitate + Golden Link is OP as eff. I'd end up killing the Reaper in 1-2 turns if I didn't get crits. Out of ten, I'd probably give Persona Q an eight. 

And talking about OP, Bravely Default was even easier to break! To be fair though, I watched a video about it, cuz I just wanted to see what people came up with, but my god, total annihilation. Bravely Default took me around...50-55 hours, getting everyone to level 99 and maxing out...like 7/8ths of all Jobs with everyone. Obliterate and the Encounter rate controller makes  grinding a lot easier. Outta ten, I'd probably give Bravely Default a solid seven.

And now onto the next! I'm starting up Etrian Odyssey Untold! Then after that, Tales of the Abyss, Etrian Untold 2, and I dunno what from there...

Dude, I still really want to play this game at some point; I should track it down on Amazon. Loved the first one!

You should def get it, but the first is much better. It's a great co-op game. If I have to give it a review it would be 7 out of 10. Feels like it dumbed down from the first one, but still good. It was def fun playing co-op. I ended up being Spider-Man throughout the entire game and my bro was Deadpool lol. Are you looking for PS3 or 360 version. Crazy that PS3 version is pricey.

You should def get it, but the first is much better. It's a great co-op game. If I have to give it a review it would be 7 out of 10. Feels like it dumbed down from the first one, but still good. It was def fun playing co-op. I ended up being Spider-Man throughout the entire game and my bro was Deadpool lol. Are you looking for PS3 or 360 version. Crazy that PS3 version is pricey.

I would need the PS3 version; guess I could poke around and see what's on eBay. It's a shame that a PC version was never made; that's how I originally played the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Not sure why they stopped with those games, honestly. Maybe 2 didn't sell well, but they really should reboot it one of these days.

I would need the PS3 version; guess I could poke around and see what's on eBay. It's a shame that a PC version was never made; that's how I originally played the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Not sure why they stopped with those games, honestly. Maybe 2 didn't sell well, but they really should reboot it one of these days.

Huh didn't know there was a PC version. I always thought it was a 360 exclusive game at first then PS3 lol. Yeah they were great. My dad actually bought the first game when we got a 360. I got the 2nd game through Club Bing prize. I guess they stopped making more cuz darn Activision focus on CoD franchise now since they published the MAU games. I'd hope someday there would be a Marvel game like Arkham Games with any of the heroes.

Hang in there man, some of those are fantastic. One of those is...regrettable. Though, I'm biased as an RE nut.

Just based on what I've heard, I'm gonna assume the regrettable one is RE6. I'll see it through somehow, though.

Anyway, on the topic that is this here topic, I finished Remember Me. I started the game way back and played up to somewhere in the fourth episode, but never bothered finishing it because I really didn't like the combat and it felt like there was too much of it. This time around I still didn't like it that much, but I soldiered through anyway because I figured it would eventually click, and it kinda did, after like 5 hours. xD

I have beat quite a bit since checking in here:

God of War Ascension

Tales of Monkey Island

Back to the Future The Game

Puzzle Agent

The Mass Effect Trilogy

Ratchet and Clank Into The Nexus

Pupeteer

Wind Waker HD

Super Mario 3D World

Beyond Two Souls

I think that's everything.

• Like 1

I have beat quite a bit since checking in here:

God of War Ascension

Tales of Monkey Island

Back to the Future The Game

Puzzle Agent

The Mass Effect Trilogy

Ratchet and Clank Into The Nexus

Pupeteer

Wind Waker HD

Super Mario 3D World

Beyond Two Souls

I think that's everything.

Amazing! Love that you hit a chunk off the backlog! You def spent a lot of hours on those games.

Anyways the other day I beat Gat out of Hell with a redbox rental. It was short and fun. Woot!

• Like 1

I picked up the Mega Man Legacy Collection on a whim and so far I've finished Mega Man 2 and MM6. I've (by some miracle) gotten really close to finishing the first game, but I'm at the second Wily stage and I just don't think it's gonna happen. :\ More likely I'll finish the other ones and then go back to it.

I finished Medal of Honor Warfighter on PS3 which was the game that killed my previous PS3. I was scared to finish because it might kill my new PS3, but it didn't. Whew! Now I'm still continuing to download stuff while deciding what to play next.

Also a while back I beat Castlevania Lords of Shadow and DLC on 360. I enjoyed the game overall and good work by Kojima.

Finished Transformers: Devastation just now. The game is definitely a Platinum action game, and it's a lot of fun to play. The only downsides were the length (around 6 hours for the story) and the fact that there was a lot of repetition in the boss fights. Still worth checking out though if you like the brand and Platinum's games, but maybe better as a rental or at a lower price.

I still haven't messed around with Challenge mode though, so that will add more length and possibly variety as well.

• Like 1