HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Leah

Share your last beaten games here!

I finally sat down and played The Walking Dead (Telltale one, obvz) and then proceeded to blow through TWD Season 2 and TWD Michonne, all within the span of like, 3 days. Season 1 and 2 were great...and man, by the time they made Season 2 they really knew how to hook you in and keep you playing episodes back to back (or keep you totally on edge if you bought it before all eps were out, I guess) cuz every episode ended with everything uncertain and no telling what was gonna happen next. The Michonne game wasn't quite as good as far as the overall story, but how they handled Michonne's backstory and brought her personal demons to life was top-notch.

I finally sat down and played The Walking Dead (Telltale one, obvz) and then proceeded to blow through TWD Season 2 and TWD Michonne, all within the span of like, 3 days. Season 1 and 2 were great...and man, by the time they made Season 2 they really knew how to hook you in and keep you playing episodes back to back (or keep you totally on edge if you bought it before all eps were out, I guess) cuz every episode ended with everything uncertain and no telling what was gonna happen next. The Michonne game wasn't quite as good as far as the overall story, but how they handled Michonne's backstory and brought her personal demons to life was top-notch.

Lol love how you played Telltale's TWD after I beat it. You must've saw me play it on PS4 and decided to play. xD

I really dig the series and Telltale did a good job with TWD. I just finished the last episode of Michonne. I'm curious what you picked and who survived at the end of season 2. I ended up having 

To shoot Kenny. He was going out of control with his words and action. I kinda wish Jane didn't trick Kenny thinking the baby died which resulted Kenny's death. I ended up going back to Howe's Warehouse with Jane

I agree Michonne is pretty good. I love her backstory and I'm not caught up in the comics yet either. It was interesting and I felt so sad for Michonne that I wanted to tear up at that ending. I wanna get Season 3, but I'll wait for a sale like I did with season 1 and 2. Plus I got Telltale Batman and Minecraft to play after that.

Lol love how you played Telltale's TWD after I beat it. You must've saw me play it on PS4 and decided to play. xD

I really dig the series and Telltale did a good job with TWD. I just finished the last episode of Michonne. I'm curious what you picked and who survived at the end of season 2. I ended up having 

To shoot Kenny. He was going out of control with his words and action. I kinda wish Jane didn't trick Kenny thinking the baby died which resulted Kenny's death. I ended up going back to Howe's Warehouse with Jane

lol, I did notice you were playing them, I'm not sure what finally pushed me to get through them though. Just sat down and randomly thought "I'm gonna finish one of these games I've had installed on Steam for a while" and TWD was the winner. xD

Funny, I ended up shooting Kenny and going with Jane too lol. I had a feeling she was up to something when she came back and mentioned Clem would see Kenny for what he really is but that didn't make it any less sad. But Jane was a cool character and I didn't want her to die. I didn't really like Kenny since S1 because the second you don't agree with him it's like he suddenly hates Lee, but I still felt bad after shooting him. :(

After finishing S2 I reeeeeeeally want to get Season 3, but I know I'll play the two episodes that are out and go crazy waiting for more so I'll probably wait until all the episodes are out.

On topic edit: I also finished Tales from the Borderlands today!

Edited by Venom

YAY, I finally finished Doom 2! That was one hell of a ride. I hear Plutonia and TNT are not as great as Doom 1 and 2 and have crummy level design so I'll pass on those for now. I am happy to have finally finished these games after all these years.

8YohYsr.jpg

Next, I need to finish Remember Me then I can start something new. :)

First game beaten in 2017 is Telltale's Batman. It was awesome! I really love the wide screen cinematic gameplay with scenes and picking decisions. Also it was an interesting take on Batman as well. The backstory of the Wayne family was quite a investigative trip. I wonder if this version of Batman is based on a comic or Telltale made their own story. Either way Batman rocks! I actually wanted more episodes. I honestly felt like watching an animated series or long animated movie. I binged through all episodes. :D

I finished Fate/Extella's main story. I still have the side stories, but I'm not sure I'll bother since a lot of them feel like they're just the same missions with different characters, which I got enough of in the main story. The gameplay was pretty fun but not enough to keep it interesting enough for however many hours I'd need to finish them all.

I finished Minecraft: Story mode. I was very surprised and enjoyed the story overall. Telltale does make things a lot fun. I'm not much fan of Minecraft, but man I love the adventure. Episode 4's ending teared me up. I was shocked and didn't see it coming lol. I totally recommend this Telltale adventure. I wasn't a fan of Borderlands, but when I played the Telltale version, I loved it. 

Pretty much completed all the Telltale games I have. Now onto uh my next adventure in the backlog lol.

I finished Remember Me thank god it's finally over. The story was cool but the combat just annoyed the heck out of me so I spent most of my time yelling at the game. It had some cool parts and a few of the boss fights were actually fun but I'm just happy it's over.

I beat Song of the Deep and The Order 1886 getting all the trophies 100% for both of them. I really enjoyed them both. I can see both on PS+ someday. Order was pretty good. I felt immersed into the story and it was a fun interactive movie in a way. 

Beat Lord of the Rings: War in the North last night. It was fun playing co-op on it. The game can be glitchy but for the most part my computer handled it fine.

Beat Lord of the Rings: War in the North last night. It was fun playing co-op on it. The game can be glitchy but for the most part my computer handled it fine.

I was just looking at that game in my library on Steam; completely forgot I owned it!

How was the story?

Finished Dream Drop Distance, though I'm not finished with the rest of the KH 2.8 collection just yet.

The whole experience of DDD and its ending has me super pumped for Kingdom Hearts 3, though. I can't wait to see what comes next, including how it all ends!

I'm also writing up a review for DDD as well as the whole collection, so stay tuned. :D

I was just looking at that game in my library on Steam; completely forgot I owned it!

How was the story?

I thought the story was good. You don't fight Suron but you fight one of this underlying. And you basically cross path with all the character in LOTR which makes it awesome. But you go on your own path to stop this underlying. Fun game and worth a play through. If you want to co-op let me know. I wouldn't mind playing through it again.

I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider and the Blood Ties DLC. I still have the Baba Yaga and Lara's Nightmare DLCs to play though. The game was pretty fun, really more of the same as Tomb Raider 2013 but that's not a bad thing.

I beat Abzu and Valiant Hearts last week and they were pretty good especially Valiant Hearts. I was sad about the ending and learned a lot from the history pieces. Also I beat Dream Drop Distance last night!

Finished Dream Drop Distance, though I'm not finished with the rest of the KH 2.8 collection just yet.

The whole experience of DDD and its ending has me super pumped for Kingdom Hearts 3, though. I can't wait to see what comes next, including how it all ends!

I'm also writing up a review for DDD as well as the whole collection, so stay tuned. :D

Yo I beat DDD last night and felt the same way too. Also that final boss fight with RIku was just insane. I kept thinking finally it's over then more boss fights again and again. I'm like ugh it's 3am and want to go to bed when is it over! xD

Anyways everything was pretty awesome story-wise and I got comfortable with the combat. I never changed my spirits lol. Sticked with the 3 I made with Sora and Riku. Also most of the boss fights with Sora were easy and Riku's road was pretty challenging. Feels like this game is his story and enjoyed more of him. :D

In the last week or so I've finished Abzu, TItanfall 2, and Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations. Abzu felt kinda pointless, Adventure Time was a decent point & click game that I enjoyed even though I've never really watched the show, and TItanfall 2 actually had a pretty good campaign. Except for one ridiculous boss fight. >_>

Edit: I also finished Inside earlier. It was pretty cool. And pretty weird.

Finally beat Beyond Good and Evil last night. Very good game outside of the camera angles giving me headaches when I play too long. Last boss fight wasn't that bad. Post credit scene though. OMG....now I know why people wanted a sequel so badly.

Oh, I totally should have posted here that I beat the main story for FF12 HD like, almost 2 weeks ago during my Twitch streams. Playing through Dark Souls 3 for the first time now, so that's fun.

• Like 1

Oh, I totally should have posted here that I beat the main story for FF12 HD like, almost 2 weeks ago during my Twitch streams. Playing through Dark Souls 3 for the first time now, so that's fun.

Noice! I'm still playing through FF12 HD, but my playtime with it has been severely hampered by Splatoon 2 in the last week. I need to pick it back up again, b/c if I don't, I'll end up dropping it and not coming back, probably! Still need to get to Horizon: Zero Dawn as well.

SO MANY GAMES!

I finished Agents of Mayhem, which was an absolute blast. The last few missions do kinda feel like padding, but otherwise it was solid through and through.

While it's not really finishing a game, I finally managed to finish my first ever Resident Evil 2 Speedrun on the Leon A scenario. If you'd like to check it out, follow the link below! Mind the NSFW language, I'm basically a sailor.

Over the weekend I finished The Bard's Tale (the 2004 one, not that I expect anyone thought I meant the 1985 one) and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. The Bard's Tale has some great writing but is otherwise pretty mediocre, so it probably would have been something more fun to watch than to play. I liked Hellblade's combat when it was 1 vs 1 but adding even a single other enemy made it annoying, but at the same time the game would have been a bit boring if you just walked through the whole time, so I'll give it a pass.

I just beat the story for Destiny 2 last night. It was great and the last boss was pretty fun to fight against. The cutscenes were really good in the game. Now onto the endless grind for that game.

Sonic Mania, as evidenced by my review.

Spoiler alert: It's amazing. I'm still trying to debate if I like Sonic 3 & Knuckles more or Mania. Either way, it's definitely in my top 2 favorite Sonic games of all time.