HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Leah

Share your last beaten games here!

I just finished Turok HD yay! I never really played Turok back on N64 because I turned on all the cheats and just ran around and broke everything lol. Finally, after all these years I played it legit and finished it. :)

I did play and finish Turok 2 on the N64 and it is one of my favorite games. So just this once I'll break my no replay rule and do Turok 2 HD. I hope they continue to do HD Turok's because I never did get to play T3 and beyond.

I managed to beat Destiny 2's story. I liked it and look forward to playing the strikes and getting to the point where I can do the raid.

I finished The Walking Dead: The New Frontier. The game definitely has some "oh sugar" (yes I intentionally typed sugar) moments, but overall I didn't quite get as invested in the story and characters as I did with Season 1 and 2. Still good though.

I also finished Destiny 2's story a little while back, might as well add that too even though you can never really "beat" Destiny. The only way to finish it is to stop playing. xD

2 hours ago, Venom said:

I finished The Walking Dead: The New Frontier. The game definitely has some "oh sugar" (yes I intentionally typed sugar) moments, but overall I didn't quite get as invested in the story and characters as I did with Season 1 and 2. Still good though.

I also finished Destiny 2's story a little while back, might as well add that too even though you can never really "beat" Destiny. The only way to finish it is to stop playing. xD

How did you like D2 storyline?

53 minutes ago, DarkCobra86 said:

How did you like D2 storyline?

It was...fine, I guess? Pretty typical "here's the bad guy, here's his doomsday device, oh okay you killed him, the universe is saved" kinda thing. Nothing really stood out. Though I did like Cayde and Failsafe.

2 hours ago, Venom said:

It was...fine, I guess? Pretty typical "here's the bad guy, here's his doomsday device, oh okay you killed him, the universe is saved" kinda thing. Nothing really stood out. Though I did like Cayde and Failsafe.

Cayde and Failsafe took the cake, I think. And Ghaul didn't seem like the huge bad guy that they wanted him to be. 

Spoiler

Honestly, I think he wasn't all that bad. He just wanted to be accepted by the Traveler.

Granted, the story seemed to move too quickly for my liking. It was good but they could have gotten more out of it.

11 hours ago, Venom said:

It was way better than D1 storyline which didn't even have one. Plus the final boss was pretty fun to fight. Almost beaten the game the second time on my alt. Then I'll do another story run on for my last character and then I should be ready to have all 3 class for the raid. Our raid crew already beat the raid thursday night and that was awesome to finally beat it.

I don't think I'm gonna beat Deus Ex in time for Danganronpa V3 tomorrow, bwah. I really wanted to as well, but I wanna prioritize a new game. Ugh, curse my need for more viewers and followers!

I just finished The Journey Down chapter 3 it was fun. JD3 was the conclusion of the trilogy and it was a fun ride. The games are short but it's more about relaxing and enjoying the story so I don't mind but of course would love to see more. If you like point and click adventure games This was a really fun series.

I am happy to be one of the many backers of this game on Kickstarter. I can't get the music out of my head!

I finished South Park: The Fractured But Whole last night. The writing was good (obviously) and I enjoyed exploring the town...again...but I didn't really like the new combat system that much.

31 minutes ago, Venom said:

I finished South Park: The Fractured But Whole last night. The writing was good (obviously) and I enjoyed exploring the town...again...but I didn't really like the new combat system that much.

Yeah, it seemed a bit awkwardly introduced to me, not that I've played it yet, but I don't really get why they wanted to change away from turn based.

I've finished a few games from my stream being Deus Ex (The original from 2000) and the all new The Evil Within 2. The prior was pretty good, but I had to use a mod of sorts to clean it up and make it actually playable on current age computers. Once I got the hang of combat it was a lot more fun, especially the setting. The latter was an incredibly improved success over the first one, more stream lined combat, added exploration that felt relatively organic, and a story that had a much larger emotional stake for the usually dull Sebastian. I'd definitely recommend it for anyone that enjoyed the first one, or for people that had a few gripes. For me at least, the sequel addressed almost all of them.

3 hours ago, Royzoga said:

Yeah, it seemed a bit awkwardly introduced to me, not that I've played it yet, but I don't really get why they wanted to change away from turn based.

Well, it's still turn-based, but with a dash of tactical RPG thrown in as you move around on a grid and your attacks/heals/whatever have different ranges and areas on the grid that they can affect. My biggest issue is that there's no basic attack, all of your abilities are skills that you have to equip and you can only have 3 at a time (plus an ultimate attack) which feels even more limiting if you want to use support skills, because then you have less options for attacking. You can offset it a bit with your party members but none of them particularly complement each other and some of them are way more useful than others, but you never know which ones will work best until it's too late to change them.

15 hours ago, Venom said:

I'm hearing mostly that Stick of Truth is probably the better game between the two. Does that seem to be the case with you too?

14 hours ago, Jason Clement said:

I'm hearing mostly that Stick of Truth is probably the better game between the two. Does that seem to be the case with you too?

I liked Stick of Truth's combat more and there was a lot more variety in the enemy types and locations (the entirety of Fractured But Whole takes place in the town proper, SoT at least had the sewers and Canada.) SoT's storyline was also more enjoyable and it always felt like it was constantly poking fun at fantasy tropes, where FBW mostly plays the superhero bit straight. I also felt like the reverence for the source material was much more prevalent in SoT. Like, SoT has all kinds of background bits and dialogue calling back to episodes of the show, most of it in FBW comes from items you pick up that really only count as scrap towards crafting stuff rather than having any real significance or use.

So, yeah, all that to say I enjoyed SoT more. :P

I finished Lords of the Fallen and Pneuma: Spirit of LIfe? I believe?

Lords was not bad.  decent Souls like game.  Pneuma was not bad for a free game for 2 hours ^^

Both games I would recommend at the low price of free if you have them.  If you were to pay.... 5 dollars? maximum each? ^^

Just beat Okami for the first time, specifically the HD version! Super happy with how it turned out, really a breath of fresh air with today's games, phew. I wish Capcom could make games like these again, bring back Clover! I want Viewtiful Joe 3!

I think the last game I beat was Ys Origin? I feel like I'm forgetting something, but yeah, that might be it. It was cool.

Finally beat Outlast a couple of nights ago. Still working on finishing up FF6. Both games are great and that ending for Outlast is crazy. I will have to buy the DLC and Outlast 2. Also working on Banjo Koozie too.

I actually managed to beat (read: get to see the end credits) for Monster Hunter World. I haven't had much time to play it and I've been having more fun just joining random SOS requests than trying to go through the story which is why it took over 80 hours, lol.

Just finished FF6. I can see why so many people loved this game and has it as their number one FF game. For me I think it'll be #2 currently. As it is though to beat out FF7 because that was the game that introduced me to FF and RPG.

But wow, just an amazing game. I will say though, Kefka got owned hard by me. I didn't even get to use my A team lol.

The last game I finished was Far Cry 5, which was...a thing. I enjoyed the game, but the ending was terrible.

5 hours ago, Venom said:

The last game I finished was Far Cry 5, which was...a thing. I enjoyed the game, but the ending was terrible.

So is the best Far Cry game still 3? I think that's the one people swear by. Or 2, depending on who you talk to.

On 4/17/2018 at 1:17 AM, Jason Clement said:

So is the best Far Cry game still 3? I think that's the one people swear by. Or 2, depending on who you talk to.

I uh, never finished 3. That should change when it gets re-released on PS4 next month. :D I never even played 2.

I finished SuperHot yesterday. It is a very short game and most probably can finish it in 2-3 hours. You all should play it if you have or get a chance. It is the most innovative shooters I have played in years.

I finished God of War yesterday. Awesome stuff, 10/10, etc. etc you've already heard it all.