HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jordan Haygood

Where'd That Funny Caption Contest Go?

Question

Back when I started out here - back before the site ownership change and I believe before my staff position - I recall a certain contest that I quite enjoyed. It was that one where a screenshot for a video game was posted and people who thought they were funny would post a caption for it. The funniest caption would win and the winner would get the game the captioned screenshot was from.

My question is, where did that contest go? Will we ever be having one of those again? I rather liked that one, personally.

4 answers to this question

I'm not sure if those have been discontinued or if more are in the works. I do admit that I loved seeing what other came up with for those contests.

You're correct, that was under the old administration and before the site ownership change. I actually had forgotten all about it until you just mentioned it right now. It's possible we might bring it back at some point, I'll make a suggestion on it. :)

That would be awesome I love a good caption contest. It really get those brain waves flowing.

Guest ...

You're correct, that was under the old administration and before the site ownership change. I actually had forgotten all about it until you just mentioned it right now. It's possible we might bring it back at some point, I'll make a suggestion on it. :)

I agree funny captions on a site are always a plus. I wasn't here for the origenal but I would like to participate in a new one.