HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Kezins

Game Informer Gives Ni No Kuni a 7/10

I just finished reading Game Informer's review of Ni No Kuni. They talked about problems with character and story development, but then the reviewer started whining about too many random encounters and boss battles that were too hard. That's when the review lost all credibility with me. I want a game where I have to grind and strategize against tough bosses. I still think Ni No Kuni will end up being one of the best RPG games of 2013 and definitely look forward to getting it. I really hope I win the game here at GP! If not, I'll save up and buy it in March or April.

Yeah, GI never really resonates too well with me, at least review score wise. I dunno, guess I have different tastes from them. xD

I'll probably end up getting the game eventually, no matter what others think. It really just seems awesome. :)

I don't really like random encounters myself, but I'll overlook them if the game has other favorable qualities, and Ni No Kuni certainly seems to have a lot going for it. I think I'll stick to my usual policy of reading reviews first, but not letting them influence my decision too much. I'll definitely give the game a try, but not until I can find it cheaper.

I always get the feeling that with a lot of their reviews, the scores would be different depending on the person who reviews the game. And I feel that way with this review, of course. And this is why I rarely go by their reviews.

That said, I honestly look forward to playing this game.

I really hope I win the game here at GP! If not, I'll save up and buy it in March or April.

I'm going to be honest and say I really hope you do. Totally deserve like I said because of your discussion threads in Dec/Jan so far.

Meanwhile, the last game I played from Level 5 is Dark Cloud 2 and I loved that game. The review seems kind of harsh and should understand that most JRPG games require grinding and such. Looking forward to the game and hopefully GDD will have it in a weekly giveaway in case you and I don't win the prize vault this month. Woo!

• Like 1

I say F the reviews and play the games you think you'll like.

Hopefully if you win it or whenever you get it, you can give us a review of the game.