HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jordan Haygood

Why Don't Article Posts Count As "Active Posts"?

Question

I've been wondering this for quite some time. I didn't pay much attention to the thing on our profiles that says "active posts" before, but I assume that and our post count are one in the same. The thing is, though, when you write a comment to an article, it doesn't count at all toward your "active post" count. Now why is that? Shouldn't it be, I dunno, the complete opposite?

7 answers to this question

I'm not certain, but it seems like it would at least count the comment in the GP News version of the article (the forum equivalent). At least that's my guess. I can inquire with the support staff if needed.

Okay, so I finally tested it again by replying to the forum topic for an article, and no, the post wasn't counted.

So what's the word on this?

So what's the word on this?

Basically, I got a response from IPS saying this-

Comments are comments and post are post, that is the simple answer really, we are however discussing alternative methods for the future however on how to counts all items etc. However this isn't anything we can provide now, but perhaps may be in a future release at some point.

It looks like we can't do anything about it in the meantime. -_-

Ah, seems reasonable. Oh well; guess we can't actively post in articles for a while...

I do think it would be a good idea to intergrate "posts" total with the main page's articles