HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowolf

A few suggestions

Question

I'm just gonna be blunt. If you would Like me to ellaborate because they're not self explanitory for you then ask.

-Suggestions Forum

-Graphics Forum [sOTW/M can bring a few active members]

-Reputation Added

-GamePodunk's Own Youtube channel for a collab of game reviews and commentaries. :)

19 answers to this question

There is a gamepodunk suggestion thread. Also reputation is kind of already done with the like system.

Yeah, Bacon is correct; there is a suggestion thread in the Podunker Help Desk forum, though it wasn't pinned until just now (looks like I forgot to pin it earlier).

He's also right about the "like" system also being the new reputation system. For example, if you look at Marcus's profile, you'll see the green box on the right side that says 111 Excellent; that means he's gotten 111 likes from people. The reputation used to be visible on each person's post, but IPB (our hosted forum platform here) changed that with a recent update.

Also, Snowolf, let me know if you're interested in helping out behind-the-scenes; due to your past history with GP, I might be interested in bringing you on as a mod to help out with certain stuff if you'd like.

What is a SOTW/M? I'm assuming it is some kind of graphic design contest or something... Something like that would actually be neat considering we have quite a few artists here :).

What is a SOTW/M? I'm assuming it is some kind of graphic design contest or something... Something like that would actually be neat considering we have quite a few artists here :).

I smell a possible video game fan art contest :P

-GamePodunk's Own Youtube channel for a collab of game reviews and commentaries. :)

We actually do have one, though there isn't much on it. We've been discussing a little bit about reviews and such, and we're currently planning on doing this kind of thing whenever we can, but not for a while. I blame Jason. We will be having a weekly podcast starting this month, however, so that'll sort of be our start in the branching out into other forms of media, which will eventually lead to Youtube stuff.

Guest ...

SOTW/M Stands for Signature Of The Week/Month.

Personally as a gfxer I would prefer once a month because I think once a week is just to strain-full and this is still a pretty small community. So i don't think we can round up the people necessary for a weekly competition on signature making.

I would enjoy a arts section though I know that it is currently thrown in with a few other sections but I would appreciate it if it could have it's own place.

I know there are plenty of artists on this site. The amount actually surprised me when I first got here.

Yeah, Bacon is correct; there is a suggestion thread in the Podunker Help Desk forum, though it wasn't pinned until just now (looks like I forgot to pin it earlier).

He's also right about the "like" system also being the new reputation system. For example, if you look at Marcus's profile, you'll see the green box on the right side that says 111 Excellent; that means he's gotten 111 likes from people. The reputation used to be visible on each person's post, but IPB (our hosted forum platform here) changed that with a recent update.

Also, Snowolf, let me know if you're interested in helping out behind-the-scenes; due to your past history with GP, I might be interested in bringing you on as a mod to help out with certain stuff if you'd like.

Alright, I searched and couldn't find it, but if you pinned it then I should be able to find it easier now :P. I see, I figured there was a "Like" on here, didn't know if "ipb" offered a rep system other than that. I'm a Vbulliten fan.

Well I apreciate the offer, but to be honest I would like to have to earn my spot :P I don't feel that as just popping back up here that I should be able to jump straight to staff, but on that note I would be glad to assist in any help that you need for the site. I hope that didn't come out wrong.

Signature of the Month/Week, Held in categories, I wil ask create a SOTM thread on the tournaments section and see how it goes. If it seems to be a bust, then we wont have a need for a Graphics section. If it goes Great, then that would be good.

There is a gamepodunk suggestion thread. Also reputation is kind of already done with the like system.

Thank you :P

I smell a possible video game fan art contest :P

We actually do have one, though there isn't much on it. We've been discussing a little bit about reviews and such, and we're currently planning on doing this kind of thing whenever we can, but not for a while. I blame Jason. We will be having a weekly podcast starting this month, however, so that'll sort of be our start in the branching out into other forms of media, which will eventually lead to Youtube stuff.

A Podcast would be great, I would love to help or collab in a way if it gets started. Having Video Game Reviews, and also you guys could host LAN tournaments with a 75% Payout and take a 25% profit. Again I would have to elaborate.

In that sense I will be creating a series of threads tonight mainly for the staff to read and consider. Also I do encourage regular and new members to read and respond with their input as well.

A Podcast would be great, I would love to help or collab in a way if it gets started.

Pretty sure it was attempted but failed? Podcasts are fun to record/listen to and all but require a lot of dedication to be successful (finding time to record is hard! Especially with multiple people), plus you'd need stuff to talk about every week etc. And there are a lot of videogame themed podcasts out there, so it'd really have to stand out. That said, It'd be cool if there was a GP podcast (I'd gladly listen/support/collab it ^_^ )

Having Video Game Reviews, and also you guys could host LAN tournaments with a 75% Payout and take a 25% profit. Again I would have to elaborate.

I'm assuming you mean recording video reviews as in your aforementioned GP Youtube channel? Those could be interesting but generally speaking video reviews are a lot more time consuming to produce, not to mention most people prefer skimming textual reviews rather than watch a 5 minute video.

Tournaments are fun, but this community is still pretty small. I've entertained the idea of having a tournament with prizes but there simply aren't enough members who have the same games and are able/willing to participate.

In that sense I will be creating a series of threads tonight mainly for the staff to read and consider. Also I do encourage regular and new members to read and respond with their input as well.

You definitely have some good ideas, and I can't speak of how those idea would have / did work on the old Game Podunk (having not been around then) but I feel as though many if not most are too grandiose in scale for community as it currently stands.

Jordan Haygood is picking up the podcast again (third time lucky?) so we will see if it goes anywhere. If it doesn't then I think Game Podunk podcasts are cursed.

Jordan Haygood is picking up the podcast again (third time lucky?) so we will see if it goes anywhere. If it doesn't then I think Game Podunk podcasts are cursed.

Indeed I am. I heard about the other podcasts...collapsing (wasn't here for either podcast attempt, if there really were two), but I really think GP should have one. With that said, I don't have any intentions of letting this one fail ;)

Pretty sure it was attempted but failed? Podcasts are fun to record/listen to and all but require a lot of dedication to be successful (finding time to record is hard! Especially with multiple people), plus you'd need stuff to talk about every week etc. And there are a lot of videogame themed podcasts out there, so it'd really have to stand out. That said, It'd be cool if there was a GP podcast (I'd gladly listen/support/collab it ^_^ )

I'm assuming you mean recording video reviews as in your aforementioned GP Youtube channel? Those could be interesting but generally speaking video reviews are a lot more time consuming to produce, not to mention most people prefer skimming textual reviews rather than watch a 5 minute video.

Tournaments are fun, but this community is still pretty small. I've entertained the idea of having a tournament with prizes but there simply aren't enough members who have the same games and are able/willing to participate.

You definitely have some good ideas, and I can't speak of how those idea would have / did work on the old Game Podunk (having not been around then) but I feel as though many if not most are too grandiose in scale for community as it currently stands.

Tournaments with Cash Entry Cash Payout or Free Entry Prize Payout are easy to get people to enter. I'm a member on Gamebattles, 16 trophies :P, anyways I can get people to enter. I can get known E-Teams like; TvA, Envyus, FeaR, etc to enter with no problem. It will take time to plan and time to execute the event. I am willing to dedicate my time to get it where it needs to be.

I'm not wanting a Podcast in a way, if you're just saying as a "A multimedia digital file made available on the Internet for downloading to a portable media player, computer, etc." why not go all the way? Have the owner [Jason?] write out for a sponsorship. Lets get the equipment we need for a actual Youtube Channel like Machinima, or MLG Chris Pucket. Something interesting. Why not get a couple to do a review like 4G used to do. People will come, it's just getting it started.

Indeed I am. I heard about the other podcasts...collapsing (wasn't here for either podcast attempt, if there really were two), but I really think GP should have one. With that said, I don't have any intentions of letting this one fail ;)

All it takes is dedication.

I hope all of Game Podunk feels really lazy now. I mean come on Jason! What have you been up to all this time?

Snowolf, you have some great ideas and suggestions. I think we should speak in private about this further; I'd actually like to discuss some other things with you as well. Expect a PM from me sometime before the night ends. :)

And I know Khorne was probably being sarcastic, but to anyone wondering, we're currently in the process of reorganizing the staff to better meet the needs of situations like this. After Nash (the previous administrator) left, everything fell on me (the editorial staff, the community, arranging contests, maintaining the site in general), and it's been extremely tough for me to juggle everything at once; I'm sure you can appreciate how much time a lot of this takes, especially managing the editorial staff (which takes up most of my time), and this is in addition to my day job and everything else.

That's why we're currently reorganizing to allow for two positions to help take care of stuff that previously would have been difficult for me to focus on (on a day-to-day basis), like what Snowolf mentioned above. Know that it's being worked on in the meantime and I'll have more to announce soon.

Snowolf, you have some great ideas and suggestions. I think we should speak in private about this further; I'd actually like to discuss some other things with you as well. Expect a PM from me sometime before the night ends. :)

And I know Khorne was probably being sarcastic, but to anyone wondering, we're currently in the process of reorganizing the staff to better meet the needs of situations like this. After Nash (the previous administrator) left, everything fell on me (the editorial staff, the community, arranging contests, maintaining the site in general), and it's been extremely tough for me to juggle everything at once; I'm sure you can appreciate how much time a lot of this takes, especially managing the editorial staff (which takes up most of my time), and this is in addition to my day job and everything else.

That's why we're currently reorganizing to allow for two positions to help take care of stuff that previously would have been difficult for me to focus on (on a day-to-day basis), like what Snowolf mentioned above. Know that it's being worked on in the meantime and I'll have more to announce soon.

Alright man. Also if you have AIM, it would be a good way to keep in contact with me.

Khorne being Khorne ^_^

Honestly I have no problem with the site as it currently is, and it seems like you've never had any major problems so I'd say you've been doing a great job :D

(Besides, being in charge of managing people like barrel? You have my full sympathy!)

Khorne being Khorne ^_^

Honestly I have no problem with the site as it currently is, and it seems like you've never had any major problems so I'd say you've been doing a great job :D

(Besides, being in charge of managing people like barrel? You have my full sympathy!)

Look I tell some jokes, do a little sarcasm and have fun, but I think it's time to be real for a minute: Jason you do a great job here and sure the fact that Ludono hasn't been banned yet is a problem, but Game Podunk is doing strong in my eyes.

Why should Ludono be banned? I've not seen him do anything that has been against the rules.

Sorry, I am new here. I couldn't find the introduction thread.

The 'Welcome New Members' forum is here. :)