HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowolf

[ Pending Review ] Game Podunk [ Graphics Forum ]

Graphics Forum  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is a Graphics Forum a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Question

Gfx members are always looking for places to show off their GFX showcase [me in general].

In the Graphics Forum I believe there should be a selection of sub-forums;

Art Showcase - For Artists to show off their work.

Resources- For Artists to share their Renders, Stocks, Tutorials, etc.

Contests- For SOTW / SOTM / Etc.

I'm sorry I didn't elaborate that much on this suggestion. I think this one is pretty self explanitory.

15 answers to this question

Kiky is a GFX artist and good one too. I'm majoring in arts and graphic design. Although this semester I'm not taking any photoshop/illustrator classes, but I am doing things like shading, color, lighting, illustrations, painting, etc. I have some artwork I can probably share from the past.

I lack talent of any sort, but I like stalking people who are artistic so I'm down with it.

Guest ...

I lack talent of any sort, but I like stalking people who are artistic so I'm down with it.

Boo you.

Anyway I think there are a lot of great artists in this site.

So I would really love a special arts section for us. That could include writing because it is also an art form.

I would also go with signature of the month instead of the week so it's not so much of a strain.

Definitely a good idea. I might even contribute something. I'm into graphic design myself.

Definitely better than the couple art threads we have (I made one and I think Kikyou1 made one, mine got buried somewhere lol) but we only have a few artists here, and I don't know how often they would post lol

Guest ...

Definitely better than the couple art threads we have (I made one and I think Kikyou1 made one, mine got buried somewhere lol) but we only have a few artists here, and I don't know how often they would post lol

Im honestly surprised at the amount of artists in this site. Not all of them are gfxers but a lot of them draw or paint. Which I think is even harder because you can't just undo a mistake. I would love to see a section dedicated to us being able to post are work.

Why would 2 vote no and not leave their feedback. -_-

Guest ...

Why would 2 vote no and not leave their feedback. -_-

Khorne left his feed back. ^_^

Oh so the ones who voted No will remain anonymous.

Guest ...

Relax it's just a poll.

I mean, that is the point of a poll, for people to vote. :P Sometimes people have nothing more to say than a yes or no.

Understandable, but everyone should have their reason. i'm not here to judge them. I would just like to hear their input. I'm not biased towards anyone or anything. If you disagree then that is your opinion and I would love for them to share it.

Hmm...

Well, my opinion's about on par with Ludono's, though I voted no instead of yes. The main reason I did was because of the fact that not many people seemed to want to share their stuff... Kikyou made a thread, Kezins made a thread, and there's the Art Gallery, but that's about it. While it'd be awesome for people to have a place to share their work, the places that were already set up for such a purpose were pretty much ignored.

Seeing the positive answers makes me think it's a good idea, since if people like it, they'll post up their stuff. I still don't want to say yes, though... if there was a 'maybe' or 'trial run' option, I'd pick that, to see how it goes. If it goes unused, it's not too difficult to delete the forums and move the threads, right?

My thoughts weren't too composed yesterday, so I didn't feel like typing something that'd end up a jumbled mess. :P

Hmm...

Well, my opinion's about on par with Ludono's, though I voted no instead of yes. The main reason I did was because of the fact that not many people seemed to want to share their stuff... Kikyou made a thread, Kezins made a thread, and there's the Art Gallery, but that's about it. While it'd be awesome for people to have a place to share their work, the places that were already set up for such a purpose were pretty much ignored.

Seeing the positive answers makes me think it's a good idea, since if people like it, they'll post up their stuff. I still don't want to say yes, though... if there was a 'maybe' or 'trial run' option, I'd pick that, to see how it goes. If it goes unused, it's not too difficult to delete the forums and move the threads, right?

My thoughts weren't too composed yesterday, so I didn't feel like typing something that'd end up a jumbled mess. :P

Thats a response I was looking for. :)