HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Steve Bitto

Quantic Dream's Latest Tech Demo Revealed

Steve Bitto    149

Heavy Rain Developer, Quantic Dream, revealed their latest tech demo today. While it's running on the PS3, it isn't displaying a game currently in development. While the demo displays more amazing emotion animation, it is extremely disappointing that it isn't a trailer for an upcoming game.

IGN expanded the discussion and gave some perspective:

We can take away several important points from this demonstration. First: all the footage originates in real-time on a PlayStation 3. None of the video is pre-rendered like traditional CG cutscenes. Quantic Dream created this demonstration one year ago with the first version of their newest proprietary engine. Now, the team has already advanced to version three.

There's more info here: http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1220250p1.html

The only thing I can really take away is that I need another game from Quantic Dream right now!

Jared    167

I'm very interested in all of this. Something tells me though that Kara is more than just a tech demo...

Steve Bitto    149

I'm very interested in all of this. Something tells me though that Kara is more than just a tech demo...

I feel that way too. It's subject matter is too specific to be irrelevant.

Kezins    335

I'd like to see this used in a game. I was a big fan of Heavy Rain. The only thing that I didn't like about the game is the fact that it wasn't very replayable since it would be too easy the 2nd time around knowing most of what happened.

All I can say is wow... this "tech demo" looks amazing. I'm hoping the story is like Blade Runner type future with a bit of A.I. mixed in. I've played both Indigo prophecy and heavy rain and quite enjoyed them both so I can't wait to see what Quantic dreams next game would be like. :P

Shin GenX    100

This tech demo is very impressive. Almost makes me want to get a PS3 ^^. Pretty good self contained story. Makes me wonder how the other androids responded. This could make an interesting game indeed though.

Emilia Clarke    851

Although, Heavy Rain was first shown as a Tech Demo at E3 2006, and released 4 years later in 2010. Following the same amount of time wouldn't it be smarter to make this a PS4 game?

Kezins    335

Although, Heavy Rain was first shown as a Tech Demo at E3 2006, and released 4 years later in 2010. Following the same amount of time wouldn't it be smarter to make this a PS4 game?

That is true. It seemed like it took forever to get Heavy Rain.

DarkCobra86    571

This demo is really interesting though, but yea maybe this won't be the last of kara.