HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
gaiages

Gamestop Possibly Closing 500 Stores

http://playstationgang.com/about-500-gamestop-stores-going-out-of-business/

I found an article talking about how Gamestop had a bad fiscal year. There's a lot of excuses, I'm sure, but it boils down to this: Gamestop's going to have to close some of their doors. 500 stores nationwide, to be exact. Unfortunately, the post above doesn't really have links or anything officially from Gamestop, so I'm not sure how true the numbers are. If anyone knows for sure, I'd be happy for you to confirm it. :D This kind of thing is often taken from a letter to stockholders for the company, so that's where I assume the info comes from.

Lack of links aside, what does everyone think? I'm honestly a little glad about this... the way Gamestop treats their customers and employees alike is far from top-notch, and companies like that need to be taken down a peg. xD Then again, 500 stores might not be THAT big of a loss, but a loss is a loss ;D

Guest ...

It would be nice if they where humbled a bit. They are currently top dogs in the gaming market and have no need to treat there customers or employees fairly. I always find that when companies have something to prove they care more and when they care more there products and service will be better.

Gamestop doesn't care because it doesn't need to. If they started getting in to financial trouble they would be forced to reconsider their management. I look forward to their humbling day.

While I feel for the people who may be losing their jobs (whether they like working there or not, most of them probably need the job, unfortunately) I can't say I'm upset about any other part of this. I avoid Gamestop like the plague and only go there as an absolute last resort when I can't find something I really want. The fact that they're losing money should clue them in on how people feel about the company, and if they were smart, they'd learn something from this and work at getting those customers back. But they're not going to learn anything. Also, if they were smart, they'd close their redundant stores from when they bought EB...both malls around here have two Gamestops, and that's just silly.

I hope the one nearest to me closes. The guys that work there are rude, obnoxious, juvenile, and sexist idiots that treat female customers like second class citizens. When I went to pre-order Mass Effect 3 (the first and last time I pre-ordered from there), the guy asked me "Is this for you or for someone else?" And I gave him by best WTF look and said "Um, it's for me." Would he have asked me that if I was a guy? No chance.

Okay storytime's over, in conclusion the employees at the store nearest me deserve to lose their jobs. /angry caitlin is angry

Can't say I'm sad in the least. We have 3 GameStops in this crappy little town and they are responsible for running locally owned businesses out. I hope they close 2 of the 3 here or even all 3. Lol. I rarely buy at GameStop these days unless they are the only ones within an hour that have a specific game I want.

While I feel for the people who may be losing their jobs (whether they like working there or not, most of them probably need the job, unfortunately) I can't say I'm upset about any other part of this. I avoid Gamestop like the plague and only go there as an absolute last resort when I can't find something I really want. The fact that they're losing money should clue them in on how people feel about the company, and if they were smart, they'd learn something from this and work at getting those customers back. But they're not going to learn anything. Also, if they were smart, they'd close their redundant stores from when they bought EB...both malls around here have two Gamestops, and that's just silly.

I'm with you. More people will be out of job which will sucks but I'm not sad for GS as a company. I guess things do catch up to you eventually. This really surprised me as I figured they were still doing pretty well as they get good business.

I wouldn't be surprised if they closed one in my area, since there's four of them... unfortunately, they'll probably close the only good one. :( It has such nice and helpful people, but I know they make the least amount of sales. It makes me a little sad that the only cool people might lose their jobs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they closed one in my area, since there's four of them... unfortunately, they'll probably close the only good one. :( It has such nice and helpful people, but I know they make the least amount of sales. It makes me a little sad that the only cool people might lose their jobs.

Sometimes that is how it work in the business world. The nice people don't move up the ladder as fast as the mean ones that are gunners.