HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

What Do You Think About Bungie's Destiny So Far?

So the embargo lifted on Bungie's preview event for Destiny today. If you haven't read anything on it yet, most of the big name sites have coverage that went up earlier today; I mostly read through PA Report's preview of it, and thought it was somewhat interesting, but I do have to say it's pretty disappointing that Bungie didn't actually show anything.

What do you guys think about the game so far? Are you excited for it? Not excited? Or are you just "meh" on it?

Oh, I'm excited! I do agree that for such a high profile announcement it was odd we were shown little more than concept art. This got me thinking perhaps we will see more of Destiny come Wednesday when Sony unleashes their big reveal. Perhaps today's event was just strategic placement to get the word out officially before Sony shows off Destiny as a launch title. Of course I'm purely speculating on that and it seems unlikely given their past relationship with Microsoft.

It sounds interesting, and very ambitious but I have faith in Bungie. My only concern with it is the fact that since they have already said it won't be subscription based, it will be over run with micro transactions. I can't imagine the buy in price alone is enough to cover a fully immersive experience like Destiny. I would have pre-ordered it already except I'm waiting to see where the next generation fits in to all of this.

With only a description and art pieces......meh. Aliens: Colonial Marines has reinforced my belief in never trusting a developer on their word.

• Like 1

It's interesting so far, but I definitely need to see more. I don't really play FPS games anymore, so not sure if this one will draw me in.

I heard it has some MMO aspect. Not so sure about this. I never have been big on MMO.

I never liked the Halo series and I absolutely hate MMOs, so "meh" is the only thing I can muster up for this.

Well I was going to make a thread on this but seems one is already made. After watching the awesome video for Destiny it has grabbed my interest but I will wait for more info before i hit that preorder button.

Check out the video see what you think.