HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jordan Haygood

What Would You Like to See from the Next Xbox?

Now that Sony has officially announced the PS4, all eyes are now on Microsoft to announce their own next-gen console. What would you guys like to see from their next console? Personally, I would like to see something more than just getting a beefed-up 360. I would like a reason to get whatever they offer other than better graphics. Although, some new exclusives would certainly help...

I want to see a system that doesn't break easily. I'll wait two years and if there aren't widespread reports of console failures, I'll consider getting one maybe.

I want to see a system that doesn't break easily. I'll wait two years and if there aren't widespread reports of console failures, I'll consider getting one maybe.

Agreed.

I like to add that I want them to allow people to play used games and make their consoles not too expensive. And also to get rid of payment for live.

But what I really want is for them to trick us all and be like "SUCKERSSSS....the next xbox actually won't be released for another 4 or 5 years" :D.

Don't forcefully make me integrate Kinect into my gaming. Console aside, I'd like to see Microsoft really up their game with a wider variety of exclusive franchises. I love Halo and Gears Of War but offer me something different and unique other than shooters.

• Like 1

Don't forcefully make me integrate Kinect into my gaming. Console aside, I'd like to see Microsoft really up their game with a wider variety of exclusive franchises. I love Halo and Gears Of War but offer me something different and unique other than shooters.

A thousand times what Laddie said about Kinect and more exclusives. In my opinion, Microsoft's biggest weakness are their exclusives; I'm not interested in any of them, really. Halo is probably still the best and most interesting one, but I'm not into shooters. What they need to do is let Rare go crazy and unleash any sort of talent they still have remaining in order to create something amazing. Most people will argue that all of Rare's talented staff from the old days have left, but I'm certain they still have it in them to create something great if only Microsoft would let them do as they wanted, just like the freedom that Sony gives Media Molecule.

If Rare came up with something great, and if they had more studios to expand and diversifty their portfolio of games, I'd be more inclined to pay attention to Microsoft and perhaps buy the next console, but as it stands, the only thing that interests me from them are the Xbox Live Indie Games.

Agreed with the Rare statement. They own the studio that holds the licenses of Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Perfect Dark, and more. Either let them make whatever they want or sell those licenses to someone else who can make use of them, just PLEASE stop making Rare do Kinect stuff :/

Speaking of Kinect, I agree that they shouldn't force people to have it for any reason. The thing is really limited as far as actual games go. Honestly, they should have used that technology for other things instead of trying to use it for gaming.

Kinect and Move were both crappy ideas to compete with Nintendo. I consider both to be failures. My Move controllers just collect dust these days. I recently bought Sports Champions 2 and haven't even felt an urge to play it.

Kinect and Move were both crappy ideas to compete with Nintendo. I consider both to be failures. My Move controllers just collect dust these days. I recently bought Sports Champions 2 and haven't even felt an urge to play it.

I thought the Move actually worked pretty well when I used it(better than Wiimote), it just didn't get a lot of support. Kinect is pretty crappy, but I'm sure the next version will be improved.

You know... I haven't even thought about it. I don't even know if I'd buy the next Xbox, as the 360 only interests me in random niche titles nowadays.

I suppose the exclusives would also be the main thing for me. If I can play everything on the PS4 and Wii U, why grab one? Also, they should revamp their Live to compete better with PS+... you know, incentives to actually buy into the service.