HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan Haygood

Favorite Bands and/or Solo Artists

Everyone has their own musical tastes. Some prefer rock, others prefer hip-hop, and some like country the best. Whatever taste in music we all have, we're bound to have decided which artist is our favorite, whether a band or solo artist. So which bands and/or solo artists are your favorite?

Personally, my all-time favorite band is The Beatles, hands down. Aside from that, I have a thing for Gorillaz, and I rather like this solo artist named Kenna. In fact,

, which I thought was cool, especially since most people don't know about him aside from the song Hell Bent, which they likely only heard because it was one of the music videos shown on Toonami: Midnight Run back in the day.

*takes deep breath* I do enjoy: Boys Night Out, Lostprophets, Deftones, Drake, Say Anything, The Weeknd, Avenged Sevenfold, Hollywood Undead, Coheed and Cambria, Nicki Minaj (shut up), Kendrick Lamar, and about a hundred more.

I honestly have trouble remembering band names and such. Because of that, I tend to only remember the people I like that are popular right now, like Adele and Bruno Mars.

I also like Machinae Supremacy, Dragonforce, and The Killers. I like pretty much every genre, but I tend to listen to more rock/electronica than other genres.

*takes deep breath* I do enjoy: Boys Night Out, Lostprophets, Deftones, Drake, Say Anything, The Weeknd, Avenged Sevenfold, Hollywood Undead, Coheed and Cambria, Nicki Minaj (shut up), Kendrick Lamar, and about a hundred more.

All that and about a hundred more? Man, you've got a lot of favorites :P

I also like Machinae Supremacy, Dragonforce, and The Killers. I like pretty much every genre, but I tend to listen to more rock/electronica than other genres.

Yeah, I like those bands as well (just discovered Machinae Supremacy recently), and I really enjoy listening to rock/electronica myself. Also, I really like how some modern bands like to use sounds from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras of gaming in their music. It makes me feel special.

A Day to Remember I went to Linkin Park to Imagine Dragons Of Monsters and Men while having FUN although I left The Black Keys at home, I used Tool for Silversun Pickups to get back in my room due to the System of a Down at Tokio Hotel. I saw Foo Fighters FIghting For Five while playing Portal and learn Cake is not a lie cuz they good band too, Staind my shirt while eating pizza and gained Evanescene. Found out TK also stands for The Killers which has the blood of The White Stipes. On the way to Nirvana, I met Jordan Hay...err Jordin Sparks who happened to be eating Red Hot Chili Peppers. Meanwhile I went to SoundGarden to pick up some Audioslave and a Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. While getting ready I met up with Florence and the Machine to create a deadly love potion called My Chemical Romance.

~To Be Continued~

Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, a little Bob Marley in the Summer, Queen, The Beatles, and Jonathan Coulton are the ones I mostly listen to. Sometimes I'll throw in Loving You by Minnie Riperton or some Leona Lewis because screw you, I'm an adult. Honestly though I'll listen to most anything.

Guest ...

I think Florance and the Machine are incredibly under rated for such a talented group.

Rise Against and Castielle, but Castielle only have one album so it's kinda hard to tell with them.

A Day to Remember I went to Linkin Park to Imagine Dragons Of Monsters and Men while having FUN although I left The Black Keys at home, I used Tool for Silversun Pickups to get back in my room due to the System of a Down at Tokio Hotel. I saw Foo Fighters FIghting For Five while playing Portal and learn Cake is not a lie cuz they good band too, Staind my shirt while eating pizza and gained Evanescene. Found out TK also stands for The Killers which has the blood of The White Stipes. On the way to Nirvana, I met Jordan Hay...err Jordin Sparks who happened to be eating Red Hot Chili Peppers. Meanwhile I went to SoundGarden to pick up some Audioslave and a Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. While getting ready I met up with Florence and the Machine to create a deadly love potion called My Chemical Romance.

~To Be Continued~

What is this I don't even

Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, a little Bob Marley in the Summer, Queen, The Beatles, and Jonathan Coulton are the ones I mostly listen to. Sometimes I'll throw in Loving You by Minnie Riperton or some Leona Lewis because screw you, I'm an adult. Honestly though I'll listen to most anything.

This man knows what he's talking about. I will also have to throw Queen, Frank Sinatra, Bob Marley, and Jonathan Coulton (he made Still Alive from Portal and Want You Gone from Portal 2, for those who don't know) to my list. The rest I haven't listened to, though I may do so now.

I mostly listen to rock and metal, so with that in mind:

Wednesday 13's solo stuff and all his other bands (Maniac Spider Trash, Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13, Murderdolls, Gunfire 76, and Bourbon Crow)

Rise Against

Megadeth

Astral Doors

Shinedown

And some others that drift in and out of favorites status depending on what I'm into at the moment.

Guest ...

What is this I don't even

This man knows what he's talking about. I will also have to throw Queen, Frank Sinatra, Bob Marley, and Jonathan Coulton (he made Still Alive from Portal and Want You Gone from Portal 2, for those who don't know) to my list. The rest I haven't listened to, though I may do so now.

How does one mention all those and forget to say Nancy Sinatra. What a classy lady and great voice.

I don't like modern music too much, but my faves are Nirvana, Van Halen, Dave Matthews, Coldplay, 2 Pac, and Guns N Roses.

There have been so many great artist that I have enjoyed over the years.

My all time favorite chinese artist is Andy Lau and Viet is probably a tie between Bang Kieu and Dam Vinh Hung.

I really don't know for America. But I always loved MJ (who doesn't?). The Beatles are great. Even backstreet boys and N'sync were good (yes I listen to their music). JT was awesome when he went solo as well.

But a lot of music is more what song I enjoy then just the artist. I may have one song from one group that I loved but never liked another song that I know of from them. For example: Alien Ant Farm did a great job on Smooth Criminal but i haven't heard anything else I liked from them. Same goes for Papa Roach. I only liked Last Resort from them.

But one group I really have liked recently is Boys Avenue. They basically do a lot of cover. And most of the time I think their cover are so much better than the original song.

They covered Grenade and may it so much more real and sad than what Bruno Mars was able to do.

They turned Only Girl into a timeless romantic song compared to the more dirty version of what Rhianna did.

I don't like modern music too much, but my faves are Nirvana, Van Halen, Dave Matthews, Coldplay, 2 Pac, and Guns N Roses.

Yeah, I'm really not that fond of a lot of modern bands/solo artists either. Well, those that have popped up less than a decade ago anyway; some modern bands and solo artists have been around since long ago, so they're pretty much exempt. Also, hell yes to everything on your list.

I really don't know for America. But I always loved MJ (who doesn't?). The Beatles are great. Even backstreet boys and N'sync were good (yes I listen to their music). JT was awesome when he went solo as well.

But a lot of music is more what song I enjoy then just the artist. I may have one song from one group that I loved but never liked another song that I know of from them. For example: Alien Ant Farm did a great job on Smooth Criminal but i haven't heard anything else I liked from them. Same goes for Papa Roach. I only liked Last Resort from them.

Ah yes, definitely Michael Jackson. Can't say I ever really got into Backstreet Boys or 'N Sync aside from maybe a few songs, but I do like some of JT's solo stuff.

Yeah, I feel ya. I definitely enjoyed AAF's Smooth Criminal, but that's pretty much it. I also liked Killswitch Engage's cover of Holy Diver, yet I haven't really been able to get into them that much aside from another song I can't remember a the moment.

I'm a big music nerd, I like anything but country. Some favorites are Radiohead, Band Of Horses, Tool, The Black Keys, Bon Iver, Fiona Apple and Nine Inch Nails.

Electric Light Orchestra is pretty awesome too. Also, all of the Beatles's solo stuff is pretty great.

I'm going to name off some of my favorite J-Rock bands that I really love.

The Hiatus, Ellegarden, FLOW, YUI, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, The Gazette, Bump of Chicken, Beat Crusaders, Lar'En'Ciel, ONE OK ROCK, Radwimps, Girls Dead Monster, Scandal, Stereopony, etc. Just so much to add.

Man, I love FLOW. I've got all of their albums and listen to them a lot when I run. I also have some Asian Kung-Fu Generation, since I love the songs they did that were used in a Naruto opening and FMA opening, respectively. Man, there are some really awesome rock bands in Japan, so I've come to learn by watching anime. Thanks for listing those; I'll be sure to check the rest out.

I realize I somehow forgot to say Daft Punk, so I'll add them to my list. I've also come to quite like Phoenix, and their new album seems to be shaping up well.

Man, I love FLOW. I've got all of their albums and listen to them a lot when I run. I also have some Asian Kung-Fu Generation, since I love the songs they did that were used in a Naruto opening and FMA opening, respectively. Man, there are some really awesome rock bands in Japan, so I've come to learn by watching anime. Thanks for listing those; I'll be sure to check the rest out.

Yup watching anime on Toonami helped. Learned FLOW through Eureka Seven. I bought the greatest hits of Aasian Kung-Fu Generation on itunes last year. It's mostly thanks to anime to introduce most of the J-Rock bands.

I realize I somehow forgot to say Daft Punk, so I'll add them to my list. I've also come to quite like Phoenix, and their new album seems to be shaping up well.

Speaking of Daft Punk, I give you this in preparation for the next album coming out soon! Check out the mashup!

I have so many. Radiohead, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, The Shins, A Band Of Horses, The Black Keys, Fiona Apple, Five Finger Deathpunch, Bullet For My Valentine, Slipknot, Eminem, Kid Cudi, BT, The Guards, Portishead, Nirvana, Marilyn Manson, A Perfect Circle, Daft Punk, Skrillex, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, I could go on forever but it would be easier to just say I like most everything except for country music.

Speaking of Daft Punk, I give you this in preparation for the next album coming out soon! Check out the mashup!

Not only was that awesome, but THERE'S A NEW DAFT PUNK ALBUM?! HOLY CRAP, WHERE HAVE I BEEN?!

*ahem*

I mean... Sweet.

Not only was that awesome, but THERE'S A NEW DAFT PUNK ALBUM?! HOLY CRAP, WHERE HAVE I BEEN?!

*ahem*

I mean... Sweet.

One more time

We're gonna celebrate

Oh yeah, all right

Don't stop the dancing

One more time

We're gonna celebrate the next album.