HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan Haygood

Favorite Bands and/or Solo Artists

I could be here all day and still miss a few bands and artists. I'm not sure I want to mention them all.

Guest ...

Have I mentioned the white lies? the lead singer has an amazing voice.

Also Scala Kolacny Brothers is magical and so is Florance in the machine, but I think I already mentioned them.

Blondies a classic.

Let's see who all I can think of off the top of my head. I have quite a bit of favorites from just about all genres of music. I'll just do a quick list, in no order.

Garth Brooks

Brooks and Dunn

Travis Tritt

The Judds

Loretta Lynn

Johnny Cash

George Strait

Allan Jackson

Rodney Carrington

Toby Keith

Trace Adkins

Panic! at the Disco

Fall Out Boy

Gorillaz

Paramore

HIM

Shinedown

Seether

Ludacris 

The Beatles

Elvis Presley

Michael Jackson

Kelly Clarkson

Josh Turner

Hunter Hayes

And many, many others...

My brother recently got me into an indie band called Minus the Bear. They're pretty good; you should check 'em out.

My dad texted me yesterday saying hey I learned a new band called The Neighbourhood so I bought their album. Looks like I need to check them out. xD

Awolnation is also pretty awesome. I was officially introduced to them via Nintendo Video on the 3DS with the video for their song Not Your Fault. I really liked the song, and so I picked up an album. Then I realized that I had actually heard their song Sail before, which I liked but didn't have a clue who it was by.

Well after playing Brutal Legend all them years ago the only thing I can listen to is Metal. I can sit here all day listing names with my current music library being over 6000 songs so I'll just list some of my best of the best.

Metal

Machinae Supremacy ( my current endless play band. I introduced them to everyone in chat one day)

Within Temptation

Delain

Nightwish

Beseech

Domina Noctis

J bands

CHEMISTRY

FictionJunction

T.M.Revolution

Daybreakers

HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR

Yui

Gackt

SPYAIR

SCANDAL

Random bands

Poets of the fall

t.A.T.u

Escala

Indie music

F-777

TheNumbers

I guess that will do for now.

Been getting into Villainy (NZ band) recently, liking them a lot so far.

I listen to a very wide variety of music.  I listen to pretty much everything other than pop country.. I will listen to Johnny Cash and bluegrass though.  My all-time favorite rock band would have to be Nirvana.  My favorite all-time hip hop group is A Tribe Called Quest.  My favorite jam band is the Dave Matthews Band.

I do listen to some modern music, but most of the stuff on my iTunes library is from 1999 and earlier.  

The killers would be the band i listen to the most:

The+Killers+tumblr_1280.png

Though i also listen to some other bands like Stereophonics, Kaiser Chiefs, Foo Fighters, and some old rock (Scorpions, Europe, Rainbow, Eagles, Survivor) as well as pop music.   :ph34r: 

I do like The Killers from time to time.  I really took a fondness to their songs I discovered playing Rock Band and Guitar Hero in the past.  I don't really watch music television these days since they don't really play many videos anymore and I hardly every listen to the radio, so most of my music discoveries are through movies, games and things I hear from friends. 

The White Stripes without a doubt! Jack White has basically become my idol and role model in how I approach music, and his first major band is simply incredible. For only two people they produced an immensely diverse catalog of music, with Meg's simple but catchy drums beats and Jack's raw and powerful guitar coming together like nothing I'd ever heard before, or that has since been matched. I can't stop listening to them, playing their songs, and learning more about them. I'm practically a borderline stalker superfan now, but I don't care, The White Stripes are timeless :D

The White Stripes without a doubt! Jack White has basically become my idol and role model in how I approach music, and his first major band is simply incredible. For only two people they produced an immensely diverse catalog of music, with Meg's simple but catchy drums beats and Jack's raw and powerful guitar coming together like nothing I'd ever heard before, or that has since been matched. I can't stop listening to them, playing their songs, and learning more about them. I'm practically a borderline stalker superfan now, but I don't care, The White Stripes are timeless :D

Jack was on American Pickers a while back. He seemed like a pretty cool dude and he certainly collects some really cool things for display in his studio.

Jack was on American Pickers a while back. He seemed like a pretty cool dude and he certainly collects some really cool things for display in his studio.

He was in a movie called It Might Get Loud, with the edge and Jimmy Paige. It's a really interesting documentary, you should check it out if your interested in seeing Jack in his element (the opening when he makes a guitar/amp is pretty awesome) :D

He was in a movie called It Might Get Loud, with the edge and Jimmy Paige. It's a really interesting documentary, you should check it out if your interested in seeing Jack in his element (the opening when he makes a guitar/amp is pretty awesome) :D

Cool. I'll have to check that out. He does seem like quite an interesting person.

Nice! Jack White is awesome. I recently saw him guest star on The Simpsons a while back. xD

Guest ...

Nice! Jack White is awesome. I recently saw him guest star on The Simpsons a while back. xD

Didn't his sisters drums show up also? xD

Yes she did! Also I thought she was his wife. Anyways It was this episode from the older seasons. The one I saw recently was weeks ago from this past season with just Jack. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYWCrotDe6g

They aren't actually brother and sister. They were married before, but got divorced before or just as the band was forming. Jack has always been one to keep his personal life out of the public, and Meg is pretty much the same way. Anywho, I was just gonna bring up that simpsons episode. I'm not a fan really, but I thought it was a pretty awesome bit ;)

I'mma add Coldplay to my list if I haven't already. I listened to Paradise again recently and remembered that I like 'em.

The White Stripes, The Dead Weather, Paramore, Rise Against, The Smiths, The Ramones, Dead Kennedys, The Clash, Wolfmother, Explosions in the Sky, Bill Evans, Stan Getz, Chet Baker, Blind Willie McTell,  Robert Johnson, Sigur Ros, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Minor Threat, Misfits, Why?, Gorillaz, Indigo Jam Unit, Neutral Milk Hotel, Green Day, The Kinks, Arctic Monkeys, Bud Powell, Patti Smith, Junior Kimbrough, Nick Drake, Terry Reid, Queen, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Simon & Garfunkel, Radiohead, Vampire Weekend, The Beatles, Tallest Man on Earth, The Clash, David Bowie, Cursive, Right Away Great Captain, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Johann Sebastian Bach, Johannes Brahms, George Frideric Handel, Claude Debussy, Yoko Kanno...

Yeah there is more, but the names stopped coming...

I got lost in the music section of youtube and added some new stuff to my list of epic awesome music. Tristam and Monstercat. Well Monstercat isn't a band or anything itself but a collection of artists including some Tristam that make up some epic albums.

I'll give you a sample of a Monstercat artist song.

My Favorite Band is "Nirvana" I hope Kurt cobain is still alive so I can still listen to their music. Foo Fighters is good too :)