HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Ludono

Post and rate random songs!

9/10

That was awesome :P Only 1 point for the fact that I electronic music isn't my cup of tea :P

I came thinking that I would post another song but you inspired me to post the only song that could ever rival super mario... (mainly because I had them both on Gameboy and they are entwined in my mind! :P)

Someone finally responded !

7.5/10 - Nice mixture of classical music with a classic videogame!

Changing it up a bit w/ some Korean Rap :D

9/10 - Great beat and love the mix of flute or whatever it is with the rap.

How about spanish hip hop:

Haha going from Mario remix to Korean rap is more than changing it up I think :P

6.5/10 (If electronic Mario remix isn't my cup of tea Korean rap is... I don't even know what :P Still there is some merit there... And the title!)

I'll answer with Japanese Punk/Metal :P (Warning - Some spoilers for people who haven't seen/read Death Note)

I just love the scene with Ryuk dancing with the apple!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOZgjPr_3HE

You skipped mr.me! That's okay I'll rate both of yours.

@mr.me 8/10 - Great beat, alittle weak at points but overall good flow.

@Pouki 8/10 - Love the opening but hurts my ears when I listen to it on max volume (The ONLY way to listen to it :lol: )

Alrighty heres mine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJ3ObpMHWw

Couldn't find a better version

7.5/10 - Excellent instrumentals in that one! The singing is good, but not my cup of tea.

Old School Jazz/Swing:

6/10 - Didn't really like the song, the instrumentals were decent but the singing just didn't do it for me.

Heres a dose of Eurovision, meet the 2010 Winner my home country of Germany :D

7/10 not bad for eurovision.. :-) my main gripe is that it didnt have any German lyrics...

One of my favorite game themes...

9/10. Uh, pretty nice, even though i don't understand a thing, but i do like the melody.

7/10 Nice beat but not very memorable.

Some more trance perhaps?

-computing results-

-Lyrics are not entertaining or uplifting

-The music is not very engaging or relaxing

-The beat is repetitive to the point of tedium

-4/10

Have some Yes

Hmm Not really digging it, not sure why. The melody wasn't bad but the song just wasn't doing it for me. 5/10

How about some Steps?

9/10 - Just because it's Jethro Tull and he's awesome.

Heres a fantastic German metal band that's a lot like Rammstein only less known.

8/10, the music itself was really nice but slightly repetitive which made it a step below "really good", so maybe "pretty good"? Still, nice song! ^_^

Time to shake it up a bit with some No More Heroes music. :D

5/10 - Nice beat but a bit too generic.

Battlefield remixes anyone?

8/10, I like the remix quite a bit. Made me start bobbing my head in time to the beat. :)

Gonna throw some retro chiptunes under the music bus. If anyone likes it, get the game it's from (VVVVVV) and listen to the music specifically while you play. It's just....eargasmtastic. I guess that's the best word for it.

6/10 - Not bad, great game but the soundtrack is forgettable.

I think you guys aren't entirely being honest with your ratings. I think you're being kind and trying not to hurt each other's feelings. :lol: I don't like a lot of these songs very much, but that doesn't mean that they're bad. It just means I don't like them. I did however somewhat like the BF3 remix and Kat's contribution. I liked the German band similar to Rammstein, if only the singer didn't sing at all; I liked the instrumentals.

I give the one above me a 5/10. The instrumentals again are kind of neat, but I'm not one for rap. What language is that?

So I'm going to shake things up a bit and provide you a song from a movie soundtrack. Discombobulate from Sherlock Holmes.

http://youtu.be/cJwLGXfajuc

Speaking for myself, I haven't disliked any of the songs so far, just some were kinda "meh". I'll be honest when I hear something atrocious though! ;)

My song 2 posts up was German rap :D

As for yours I give it a nice solid 9/10, I really liked the movies and the soundtracks for them. That song in particular really fits the overall theme of the movies, slightly wonky and classical.

Since I've had a good day, heres something related.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrpSh9ChhhQ

7.5/10 Not overly impressive or anything, but I liked it a lot. The video also boosts it up a bit. :D

I think I'll go ahead and post a Pendulum song. Not my favorite of bands but the minute I heard this song while playing APB Reloaded I was like "huh, is this Pendulum?", then played the song non-stop....for the next five or so hours I played the game that night. ;_;

This song fits really well while playing a game like APB: R, which is all Grand Theft Auto cops-n-robbers style, if you can imagine that with this song.

I don't really like pendulum 5/10, average to me.

But I think context is very important for songs too...to some people they connect the music with something and that gives it a deeper meaning! For example:

I saw The Grey and these two pieces of music stand out to me because they depict strong/difficult/moving/action-packed moments in the film, to others it may just sound like a darker/sad or electronic piece.

The first deals with more of a revelation in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZPFp19AOKI&feature=related

The second was part of a trailer - goes well with the action, a long build up to an epic conclusion, at least to me.