HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Ludono

Post and rate random songs!

Here is one I happen to like a lot (I would have posted in the last post but it said I had too many media files :( )

You might recognize it from the Sherlock Holmes trailer.

Posthumous - 8 Great instrumental :D Definitely makes me kind of want to see the flick. But I think it's too hard for a Sherlock Holmes character

10000/1 Ill save you all the trouble

Must..not..let Brony...instincts...guide me...

9/10....ah what the hell SOLID 10/10~

+2 Nerd Cred if recognize this song from a trailer for a very popular game.

I like Two Steps From Hell a lot and I have this song from them on my phone too :P - so 9/10! Also I'll take a stab in the dark and say FF - though I've never played them so /shrug.

What do you guys think of this ?

7/10 Sounded good enough but lacked a certain enthusiasm...

Heres the trailer I was talking about... :D

How do you like this one? REALLY CATCHY ALERT :D

Not my style of music but it made me laugh so 7.5 (It's catchy too). Also the music went well with ME2 though I never played that either so I wouldn't have guessed >.<

7/10 -- Didn't feel quite climactic enough for me, but I still enjoyed it.

Up next - the theme song from The Tudors.

I don't really like pendulum 5/10, average to me.

But I think context is very important for songs too...to some people they connect the music with something and that gives it a deeper meaning! For example:

I saw The Grey and these two pieces of music stand out to me because they depict strong/difficult/moving/action-packed moments in the film, to others it may just sound like a darker/sad or electronic piece.

The first deals with more of a revelation in the movie.

The second was part of a trailer - goes well with the action, a long build up to an epic conclusion, at least to me.

Wanted to rate yours. Really enjoyed the first one - gave me chills, actually. And that's a piano -- not electronic. :D I just might have to go find some sheet music for that and learn to play it. Seems simple enough. 9.5/10

Also enjoyed the second one - 9/10 Just a bit long for my tastes without having something visual to accompany it, but I'm sure it makes awesome trailer music.

Wanted to rate yours. Really enjoyed the first one - gave me chills, actually. And that's a piano -- not electronic. :D I just might have to go find some sheet music for that and learn to play it. Seems simple enough. 9.5/10

Also enjoyed the second one - 9/10 Just a bit long for my tastes without having something visual to accompany it, but I'm sure it makes awesome trailer music.

Yea, I know :P I used to play piano in high school (the electronic part was mainly referring to the second piece of music), it's the kind of style I always preferred playing, I love darker pieces heh. Though I never had the patience to sit and learn all the notes, I'm terrible at reading music so that part was always excruciatingly slow for me. If you do end up learning that piece though you should post it on youtube! I'd like to hear it played from a fellow GP member, see your piano skills!

@ Ludono - I'm not too keen on that song either (I guess just not my style) though it's not bad and the video is interesting...I guess being objective I'd say its 7/10 because it's simple but has a nice tune/tone to it.

To continue with the thread - here's a classic one I love, great movie too! Ugh I should change the style of the music I'm sharing so I'll post two - hope that's okay!

And a much more recent one but I think it's quite good! It's also cool how they performed the song.

Love the first song, good movie too :D 9/10

Second song is okay, video makes it cooler 7/10

Johnny Cash's version of Hurt 10/10 especially with the video.

Recently heard it again in the Prototype 2 commercial but this is one of my favorite cover songs. With the video it is more touching & meaningful. You know it is a classic when the ones who did the original version said it seemed to fit him. What makes it more meaningful is that it was done not too long before his death & the video show scenes from his life.

Now I bring you Hurt by Johnny Cash:

I like the original version quite a bit, but this version de-rocks it a little... gonna have to say 6/10.

If I am to enter this, I will have to slam my way in. With a slam jam.

6/10 Song is alright, lyrics are good but not really a fan of the tune. Love the movie though :D

And Marshall's avatar reminded me of this song...

Gotta give yours an 8/10, such a classic and it's always funny to see Will Smith rapping :lol: ! I kind of wonder what different artists think when they look back at their older stuff, sometimes their videos/wardrobes/lyrics/movements and such are just so ridiculous, you can't help but laugh and smile.

8/10 - really nice beat, relaxing yet invigorating at the same time.

It won't play, it has been deleted. :unsure:

10/10 very cool music and funny video :)

Sounds like Finnish/Norwegian metal, dig that kind of stuff. 8/10