HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marcus Estrada

Gamemaster Howard Selling Nintendo World Championship Package

If you're a Nintendo fan then you're probably aware of who Howard "Gamemaster" Phillips is. Back in the 80s he worked for Nintendo and was used as a basis for Howard in the Howard & Nester comic from Nintendo Power. Since then, he has apparently kept tons of Nintendo memorabilia and is now selling some.

Right now he is selling the "Ultimate Nintendo World Championships 1990 Package".First, it comes with the very rare Nintendo World Championship cart. Those who are aware of the NES games's value will notice that this is the less-rare of the two versions (gray, as opposed to gold cart). Regardless, even the gray cart has sold for thousands in the past.

Since Howard was involved with the 1990 event, he also has a press kit and badge from it. According to him, there were only three all access badges worn at the event and he, of course, has one included in the auction.

I think this is a very interesting auction since it includes this extra stuff. No doubt that the auction will end higher than one just for a Nintendo World Championship cart!

I4KgmA1.jpg

I wish I had thousands of dollars to just toss around buying collectibles. :\

He could have kept that stuff in better shape. Lol. Still wouldn't be a bad collection addition for the right price.

8 grand for a nintendo bag and some games I can just download for 33 cents? Get out of here

O to have endless amounts of money xD

I can't wait to snipe this at the very last second :D.

Final price was over 17,000!

Only 17,000! Jeez, so cheap :P.

Guest ...

If I had the money I wouldn't buy it. Even if I had a money tree I would still be to cheap lol.

If I had the money I wouldn't buy it. Even if I had a money tree I would still be to cheap lol.

lol you say that now but when you see all that money growing you would spend that money.

I won't buy this though, I would rather spend the money on something I could use like more games. I mean a VIP stage pass doesn't really get me all fancy up.

I saw someone trying to sell the gold and silver editions of the game in great condition on Pawn Stars the other day. I forget what he wanted.. I think he was asking $30,000 or $35,000 but they didn't make an offer he liked.