HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Poll of the Week - Was the Joakim Mogren Ruse Successful?

9 members have voted

1. 1. Was the Joakim Mogren Ruse Successful?

• Heck no, I knew all along.
    • Yes. Even though most people knew, it did get a lot of people talking about the game.
    • I really didn't care either way.

So I didn't hear until a day or two ago that the whole Joakim Mogren and Moby **** Studios developing the Phantom Pain schtick was actually a ruse, and that Mogren was actually an actor hired by Kojima and whatnot. It's not too surprising to hear though, given that it's unlikely an external developer would be given control of Metal Gear Solid V while Kojima is still in control.

Anyhow, the question is - do you think it was a successful ruse? Even though many people knew it from the start and that The Phantom Pain was actually Metal Gear Solid V, there's no denying that it got everyone on the internet talking, and buzz about the game couldn't be higher. I thought it was a pretty clever social marketing idea, as most people also bought into the whole "Is Joakim Mogren real or CGI" bit as well.

What about you guys? Do you think it was successful, and would you like to see more stunts like this in the future?

Guest ...

I honestly don't care either way lol.

I honestly care in many ways lol....because it's fun to have surprises aim at ya.

Though a lot of people were able to figure it out, it did drum up interest for the title. I think, however, the lack of Hayter being in it (if this is true) is bringing a lot more attention to it than this ruse.

I can't even care about this if I didn't even know about the ruse. Honestly, the only thing I care for was the game. For a second I thought you were posting the game was an april fool joke and I was about to cry.