HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
DarkCobra86

Microsoft Studios' creative director has some choice words about always-online

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534951

Don't really know how truthful this is. To be honest though I'm not sure if this is a make or break deal for me. I would say I have pretty good internet connection at home. It would just be like my ps3. My internet is always connected for the ps3 even if I'm not really using it to play games. Does it matter? As long as the next xbox comes with the ability to detect your wifi without having some kind of adapter it shouldn't be a problem for most household.

I'll say though I'm not a fan of this if it is true. I think they just want to integrate more online stuff and maybe wanting us to see more of what they have to offer through digital (apps, games, whatever else). Also, maybe it is some way for them to detect any pirated xbox through being online and also somehow lead to more digital distribution.

But yea, not a fan but overall I just think it is that bad of a news. There are other things I'm more concerned with the next xbox than this.

Credits this find to aihuman from GDD.

That's... hmm. I hope that's a fake Twitter account. People in the industry like that sould really act more professional. I don't understand how people can get away with terrible things like this and keep their jobs.

It's not even about the always on thing for me, it's more about the way this guy's acting. Really, treat people and your job with more respect. :(

• Like 1

The point he is trying to make comparing WiFi signal/internet connection to electricity going out is really not that valid.

Everyone knows that power outages are much, much rarer than Internet outages unless there's a storm or disaster rolling through. On the other hand, Internet outages can happen all the time, especially if you're in a rural area. I dunno, I just don't think he gave that analogy much thought.

That's... hmm. I hope that's a fake Twitter account. People in the industry like that sould really act more professional. I don't understand how people can get away with terrible things like this and keep their jobs.

It's not even about the always on thing for me, it's more about the way this guy's acting. Really, treat people and your job with more respect. :(

This. This right here is why I'm now even less interested in the next Xbox, which I didn't even think was possible. I'm sure he's tweeting on his own time and not as PR for Microsoft, but still, when I see that even one person in the company acts that way when dealing with the people who are, hello, the people who buy your products, then it makes me want to steer clear of that company and give my money to someone more deserving. As little interest as I have in the PS4, it just jumped way ahead of the Nextbox because I haven't seen anyone at Sony acting like an *******.

Guest ...

It really bothers me when "professionals" act like petty children because they aren't being adored and praised for every move they make.

This is why I can't stand the glee writers.

So that was a fake twitter right? At least it looks like it.

I think it was kind of funny, and the biggest whiners are the ones complaining about the next Xbox before any actual announcements have been made. I'm not a fan of the always online idea, but I realize that is the future going forward and it wouldn't stop me from buying the console(though a lack of good exclusives would).

Technology is going by fast. Not a fan of this always online stuff, but it happens for a reason and millions of people are always on wifi. It sucks to have it this way. Those proffesionals are being dicks and should listen to the fans. Honestly not that excited for the next Xbox. I'm fine having what we have this generation. If they're going to have the always online thing, might as well give us free online instead of paying that stupid gold.

The point he is trying to make comparing WiFi signal/internet connection to electricity going out is really not that valid.

Everyone knows that power outages are much, much rarer than Internet outages unless there's a storm or disaster rolling through. On the other hand, Internet outages can happen all the time, especially if you're in a rural area. I dunno, I just don't think he gave that analogy much thought.

Heck, I live in the middle of a mid-sized city, and I have trouble with my Internet sometimes. It's not I'm using a shoddy provider either; there's pretty much a monopoly on this type of service in the area.

On the topic of 'always on' itself, I don't really care much one way or the other. If it's implemented well, then great! It just hasn't been yet, so people are suspicious. If it was more 'usually on' (like it's online almost all the time, but if it's forced offline you can still game) then that sounds better. Then again, aren't all the current consoles like that now?

Technology is going by fast. Not a fan of this always online stuff, but it happens for a reason and millions of people are always on wifi. It sucks to have it this way. Those proffesionals are being dicks and should listen to the fans. Honestly not that excited for the next Xbox. I'm fine having what we have this generation. If they're going to have the always online thing, might as well give us free online instead of paying that stupid gold.

Well MS will give you another Silver Membership but you'll have to pay them to deepen their pockets more if you want a Gold subscription.

But it is true, he just doesn't act like a professional if this truly is his real account. All the more reason why I prefer Sony over MS from day one. I know I will get the PS4 before the next xbox. But honestly, I'm not all excited about this next gen as I was for this current gen.