HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Custom Jewelry - Mega Man X Diamond Pendant

Jason Clement    962

Came across this link from someone on Twitter earlier. Basically it's a crazy expensive custom piece of jewelry - a Mega Man X diamond pendant that costs $2,620.

I'd post pictures but I'm too lazy at the moment to upload a picture here and I don't want to hotlink either, so check it out at the link below. They also have other custom pieces of video game-based jewelry as well.

It's definitely cool, but I can't help but wonder if any gamer would actually pay that much for something like that unless they were pretty rich or really into collecting that kind of stuff.

http://www.traxnyc.com/Mens-Pendants-Diamond-Pendants-Custom-Jewelry-Megaman-Diamond-Pendant-bs_1-item27490.html

Guest ...   
Guest ...

Not only would you have to be a gamer, be rich, but you would have to be a jewellery fan and you would have to like megaman... and finally you would wear something like that. It looks very well crafted but for me it's a little to flashy....

Maybe it's indicative of living in Spartanburg, but whenever I go into pawn shops, I always see junk like that (though usually like Batman or Mario themed or something). Apparently there's a market for that kind of thing (though the fact that they always wind up in pawn shops here...), so I don't know.

TKtheknight    961

No way I would be paying that much for a jewelry. I think it's probably good for those rich gamers who love collecting gaming related memoribilia.

Random Rant

I don't get why people spend so much money on jewlery. I mean rappers, sports stars, etc spend like most of their money on dumb jewlery. They trying to be cool or something? It's amazing how dumb they are to spend something like 5 grand for a watch or earring or bracelet or whatever is cool. It reminds me of stories where they lost a lot of money and went bankrupt after not spending wisely. Seriously do you really need all those jewelries? Eh it just grinds my gears that they don't know how to take care of money.

Venom    826

That's kinda neat, I guess, but way too expensive. The most I've paid for game-related jewelry (or any jewelry for myself, now that I think about it) is the $20 or so I paid for my Skyrim pendant, and I lost it, so I'm definitely not going to chance losing something that cost 2 grand. xD

gaiages    577

@TK - Actually, they spend most of their money on cars. Multiple sports cars, usually. Buying jewelry is with money that typically only chump change to them, with a couple exceptions.

I dunno, I find it kinda gaudy as a piece of jewelry. It'd be an awesome ultra expensive figurine, but as something to wear? Nah.

Also interesting is the other works available, like the Mario Stars and whatnot. I like the stars a lot more personally, but they're not exactly cheap either. :P

DarkCobra86    570

This is kinda cool but the actually jewelry itself is pretty ugly looking to me. I personally wouldn't buy it. I'm not that flashy with jewelry so I won't wear it. I really only wear watches. So if I was to buy this, it would be for a female and I'm pretty sure most of my female friend would prefer a different jewelry than this one.

• Like 1