HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Best in 2013 Video Game Music

I thought I'd start a thread where we can all share some of the best music we've heard in video games this year (2013). Perhaps I'll archive this into a list later if it gets big enough, but for now, feel free to share any outstanding music tracks you've heard so far in 2013.

Oh, and try to avoid any music tracks with spoilerish titles and the like as well (or at least put them in a spoiler tag). ;)

I'll start off with a few ones that I really like from Fire Emblem Awakening and Etrian Odyssey 4.

http://youtu.be/X6qJ7hJwzE0

Fire Emblem Awakening - Duty (Ablaze)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - recent Fire Emblem games have been known for some great music but this is one of the coolest tracks I've heard recently and I could listen to it probably forever. :P

Fire Emblem Awakening - Battle Theme of Final Chapter

This is one of the most unique tracks I've heard for a final battle due to its usage of an accordion, but the end result sounds amazing.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan - Lush Woodlands (Extended)

This is the music from the first dungeon area in the game and I have to say that it's a surprisingly beautiful melody for that kind of environment, lol. Then again it is the "Lush" Woodlands, so yeah. Anyhow, the song kinda reminds me of a fancy hotel or soap opera or something. xD

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan - The Burning Crimson Sword Dances (Boss Theme)

A pretty epic boss theme; gets me pumped for the battle every time. Make sure you listen to 0:46 - that's when the main part begins.

I haven't gotten the chance to play this yet (Waiting for a decent deal on it) BUT THIS SOUNDTRACK ;_;

Love all the Metal Gear soundtracks, and this one is no exception. I'm sure I'll love it even more once I play the game.

And because this technically counts

How could you talk about EOIV's awesome music and not talk about the battle theme?!

Also, I liked a fair bit of Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection music. I can't seem to find any YouTube videos of it, though. :(

I can't think of anymore right now, though. xp

I've only played Anarchy Reigns, MGR, and Tomb Raider for 2013. I was gonna post some MGR music, but Ludo beat me to it. Although I will post this one from MGR. Will post some from AR and TR. Just reaiized been playing games with titles with R. Heh.

How could you talk about EOIV's awesome music and not talk about the battle theme?!

Also, I liked a fair bit of Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection music. I can't seem to find any YouTube videos of it, though. :(

I can't think of anymore right now, though. xp

Is it just me or does the beginning of the EO4 battle theme sound remarkably similar to the first few notes of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme song? lol

• Like 1

Jason, I hear it too! You're not the only one. What a shocking revelation! D:

Is it just me or does the beginning of the EO4 battle theme sound remarkably similar to the first few notes of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme song? lol

IT'S MORPHING TIME. Turns into the Green Ranger.

IT'S MORPHING TIME. Turns into the Green Ranger.

You're not Jason David Frank! You can't do that! lol

No but seriously I pretty much agree with everything on this list so far, don't really have any of my own as like the only 2013 game I've played so far are Etrian Odyssey 4 and Injustice... >.<

Add some Injustice music Roy! I wonder how good the soundtrack for that game is.

You're not Jason David Frank! You can't do that! lol

I prefer them to call me Tommy ;).

• Like 1