HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Palmerama

Unable To Resize Pictures in Blogs!

Question

When it came to putting pictures into my blogs I was surprised to see that there is no resize option once it has been put onto the page.  Is this an error or can we just not do it anymore?  I hope its not the latter as it would take alot longer to find a picture the correct size. 

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

When it came to putting pictures into my blogs I was surprised to see that there is no resize option once it has been put onto the page.  Is this an error or can we just not do it anymore?  I hope its not the latter as it would take alot longer to find a picture the correct size. 

Thanks.

The editor on this site leaves much to be desired. I'd recommend writing/formatting your article elsewhere then pasting it into the blogs here.

• Like 1

Thanks!  I don't understand why the pictures cant be resised anymore!  Its already annoying having to upload them to the site and then hotlink them from the gallery. 

Thanks!  I don't understand why the pictures cant be resised anymore!  Its already annoying having to upload them to the site and then hotlink them from the gallery. 

I wish it was more like wordpress, their editor is pretty good.

That said, GP has a great editor.....in chief ;)

Guest ...

Not just blogs I have tried to re-size pics on everything here and it's a no go. Not really that big of a problem for me though.

Thanks.

Let me look into this; it seems a number of things were affected by the recent upgrade, and this might be an unusual side effect.

Thanks! I don't understand why the pictures cant be resised anymore! Its already annoying having to upload them to the site and then hotlink them from the gallery.

You can also link your pictures from an image hosting site if need be. But generally hotlinking from just any site is discouraged because of internet etiquette and such.

Thanks.

It would appear that the actual resize option isn't available with the latest update to the gallery. HOWEVER, you can select from four different sizes of the image if you select an image in the gallery, and then go to Options > "View All Sizes", which will then bring up the four sizes: Thumbnail (100x100), Small (240x135), Medium (640x360), and Large (1600x900).

Once you click the size you want and it resizes, all you need to do is right click > copy image location > then use that url when posting the image in a blog or forum post.

Just as a heads up, the medium size should suffice for just about all images, unless you need it smaller. The actual width of blogs is about 650px, so whenever you post an image larger than that, it'll automatically scale down to fit the width when all is said and done. But posting a huge image (1600x900 for example) will cause it to look somewhat distorted since it shrinks down.