HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Clement

How Often Are You Seeing Layout Errors Due to Ads?

Question

Hey guys,

How often have you run into a page where the ad is justified left and messes up the page layout, like below?

213ojk1.jpg

Does it happen quite a bit, or just a few times every 10 pages or so?

I'm trying to get a larger picture of how much this is affecting users on the site in general so I can work with the ad network in trying to get this fixed; apparently it's an issue on their end.

21 answers to this question

Guest ...

It happens a lot when i go to "new content".

I have to refresh for it to go back to normal. Usually they don't get in the way of the forums.

I've never noticed anything like that on the front page. The worst I've seen is when the topic title starts at the end of an ad banner instead of under it, but it doesn't mess anything else up.

I get the same thing of what Kiky says as well, but not a lot of times. It usually happens randomly during the day. It doesn't bother me a whole lot, but it does that to me at least once to three times a day.

I've never noticed anything like that on the front page. The worst I've seen is when the topic title starts at the end of an ad banner instead of under it, but it doesn't mess anything else up.

Same here. I only have trouble with ads screwing up the title of articles.

Never....

I do still have that oddly stretched forum layout though. Kinda like it lol

vgo.jpg

Everyone seems to have different stuff lol. Also had a random encounter the other day where I logged in and for some reason my avatar was Jordan's robot. There are a few times where I see people with other people's avatar like randomly saw Kiky's Lightning avatar turn into Darklurkr's avatar or I saw someone with my knight avatar. It's very weird, but doesn't happen a lot though. Just one of those random glitched moments. The update sure did something weird to me lol.

Also had a random encounter the other day where I logged in and for some reason my avatar was Jordan's robot.

Looks like my plan to take over GP is working...

I have the same thing as Venom and others. It seems to be connected to ads with "AdChoices" as part of their design. 

Looks like my plan to take over GP is working...

When I was surfing through my iPod Touch, I saw Teyon using your avatar too. Hm your plan is indeed working. This is madness! Aaahhh!!!

I've had those things happen to me as well. Though it seems to be a rare thing. 

Alright, I just now saw the kind of error you posted, Jason :/

Here's an example of the error some of us are seeing in case you've lucked out of noticing it, Jason. Again, it's an ad with "AdChoices" implemented. 

skn0EMW.png

However, I also saw an AdChoices ad that didn't cause this. 

Here's an example of the error some of us are seeing in case you've lucked out of noticing it, Jason. Again, it's an ad with "AdChoices" implemented. 

skn0EMW.png

Yeah, I don't get the error too often, so it certainly doesn't happen all the time.

skn0EMW.png

Yeah, I'm aware of it.

It's weird because Intergi (our ad network provider) supposedly talked to the ad provider whose ads were appearing justified left (instead of center), but that ad provider apparently hasn't done anything yet. I'll try to get an update from Intergi to see what's going on with it.

I FIXED IT!

BEFORE:

Really wide forum (which I like) and no way to see who viewed blog entries.

vgo.jpg

And now this!

aoo.jpg

boo.jpg

It was set to test for some reason, I have no idea why, I never touched that button before.

anyways, I set it to IP Board and now...

It's all skinny now and I can see who's viewed it!

coo.jpg

doo.jpg

Oh god. Glad it's not my face that's doing that. I never seen that happen lol.

Maybe your interview with me had a weird effect on your browser :P

Just saw this today. Was the first time in like... Maybe 2 weeks?

TCdN5E9.png

Guest ...

It seems that since you posted this the number of times a day I encounter this problems has increased...

It seems that since you posted this the number of times a day I encounter this problems has increased...

Jason has something sinister up his sleeve, I just know it...