HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
gaiages

On The Level: The Kingdom of Zeal

http://gameological.com/2013/04/on-the-level-chrono-trigger/

This here is a very interesting piece about the Kingdom of Zeal in Chrono Trigger.  Any that have playee the game may remember how... well... that place was, but this write-up really puts some aspects of this part of the timeline in the spotlight.  It's certainly worth a gander!

As I read this I think to myself "Must play Chrono Trigger again." Man that game was ridiculous amazing for its time.

As I read this I think to myself "Must play Chrono Trigger again." Man that game was ridiculous amazing for its time.

Haha, me too. xD

It's been several years since I've played it, so I'm definitely rearing to get back into it sometime. That said, nice blog find, Gaia. I always love to read people's views on the game, and this guy definitely brings out some interesting thoughts on Zeal. I remember someone (maybe it was Jared) actually compared Bioshock Infinite's setting to this and that some of the inspiration might have actually come from Chrono Trigger in this regard.

Haha, me too. xD

It's been several years since I've played it, so I'm definitely rearing to get back into it sometime. That said, nice blog find, Gaia. I always love to read people's views on the game, and this guy definitely brings out some interesting thoughts on Zeal. I remember someone (maybe it was Jared) actually compared Bioshock Infinite's setting to this and that some of the inspiration might have actually come from Chrono Trigger in this regard.

That's very intesesting. I haven't played Bioshock but I would be interested to see his comparison of the two.

You had me at "Chrono Trigger." What a fantastic game, and this is definitely an interesting article indeed. Thanks for sharing, gaia!

I am shameful that I never played Chrono Trigger. I really want to play the game, but don't have a DS or SNES. I could do emulator, but I want to experience playing it on console or hanheld.

Anyways interesting stuff gaia, I love the wonderful scenery and areas of the game.

I am shameful that I never played Chrono Trigger. I really want to play the game, but don't have a DS or SNES. I could do emulator, but I want to experience playing it on console or hanheld.

Anyways interesting stuff gaia, I love the wonderful scenery and areas of the game.

If you haven't gotten a DS by this point, go get a 3DS and buy the thing. In the meantime, I plan on LPing it in the near future for the GP channel, so you could always just watch me play it  :lol:

They have it on the PS1 too. You can get that. I think it is part of a combo pack so you get 2 games for it.

I'll be honest I played CT on the emulator. My best friend forced me because he was like you never played maybe one of the best game of all time? Well we gotta fix that. And of course he is the living walkthrough for the game so he just told me all the places to go get the items and watched me finish it.

It was still fun man. Doesn't matter what platform. The game is still good regardless. Just play it.

I lot of people bash the PS1 port because of load times.  I personally never had a problem with it (that's the version of CT I've played), but I figured I would just throw that out there.  :3

Yes, and one thing the PS1 version has over the SNES version are those sexy cut-scenes.

I lot of people bash the PS1 port because of load times.  I personally never had a problem with it (that's the version of CT I've played), but I figured I would just throw that out there.  :3

Yea, I heard people don't like that version but I'm like whatever, I got two game in a bundle and one of them is CT so I'm perfectly happy with that. And I agree with Jordan, that was one reason why I got it for the PS1 because of the cutscenes. I yet to open it up either.