HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
DarkCobra86

PS4 vs. Xbox One Comparison Chart

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4%20vs.%20Xbox%20One%20Comparison%20Chart

So this is a side by side comparison of the two consoles.

I think with the xbox I got some problems with it. I definitely don't have a problem with install but making it mandatory sucks. I have heard though that they won't do the second install fee? Correct me if I'm wrong. It was posted on xbox support twitter. Also, with the always online still unsure of. I don't recall seeing anything else they said about always online so feel free to update me if I'm missing something.

It looks to me that the PS4 have a faster CPU still. It is pretty clear to me that I'll stick with Sony for now. I might get a xbox one later but it'll be at least 2-3 years before I even think of getting one.

• Like 1

I'll definitely be sticking with Sony, but probably not buying a PS4 until say 2015.  

Guest ...

I say sony go for 1TB why not? They are barely more expensive then 500gb. Why does it say TBA to live streaming on the PS4 thanks to the conference we already know thats actually going to be happening. Heck you can even control your friends game for them. They seem pretty close on specs I guess it's extras how they are gonna hook you.

• Like 1

This is the proof I need for a comparison. Easily PS4 wins this one. xD

ifeIxe6.jpg

I say sony go for 1TB why not? They are barely more expensive then 500gb. Why does it say TBA to live streaming on the PS4 thanks to the conference we already know thats actually going to be happening. Heck you can even control your friends game for them. They seem pretty close on specs I guess it's extras how they are gonna hook you.

500GB is fine for your regular every day consumer family.  500GB at this point is a joke for hardcore gamers.  1TB to 2TB should be the standard.  Even one TB can be gone quickly if you are gaming at a high rate.  

500GB is fine for your regular every day consumer family.  500GB at this point is a joke for hardcore gamers.  1TB to 2TB should be the standard.  Even one TB can be gone quickly if you are gaming at a high rate.  

Yep, exactly. My laptop has 500 GB and I only have 60 GB free because of all the games. xD And since the One is gonna have mandatory game installs, that 500GB is gonna fill up way too fast. I guess it's nice that the thing can hook up to an external HDD, but it shouldn't have to.

Also, TK, that image is pretty much right on. :lol: I watched that "highlight" reel earlier and it was just "TV" about 100 times. I don't really care what the One's specs are capable of for running games if that's not going to be the focus of what it's supposed to do.

Pretty much what Kezins and Venom said. I have a 500gb each on my laptop and PS3 with so much movies, music, DLCs, game downloads, etc and still have plenty of room. 1TB is great to have too. I have no problem with Microsoft putting this and also you can use a usb for external hdd to continue if you ran out of room which is a good thing. This is my opinion so everyone has their own feelings about HDDs.

Guest ...

If everyones gonna talk about how much gb they have on their laptio.... 120 with 6gb free space lol.

My thoughts exactly. 500gb should be plenty for family or normal gamers. But people who game a lot will need more than 1TB. Especially with who big blu rays are. People say like 1TB but I'm with you that we need more than that. 1TB isn't 1TB. Remember you lose some of that just from having the system. Not to mention these two will have you update software on a regular basis (I'm sure of) which will take up spaces as well along with your DLC, saves, movies, musics, app.

I think it will be like the PS3 and 360 where they throw out at us the 500gb at first. Then down the road you see a new bundle and SKU that will have like more storage, say 750gb or 1TB. But they give you the option to install new HDD or put in a usb. So for them they think that gives us the control of how much we want and not have to spend money on their end. I think that really is what will happen.