HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrPixel

Huge Amazon THQ Sale! 4-1 to 4-15

This is merely a heads up but it should be going into effect very soon! (As in,Sunday)

The sale starts April 1st and ends April 15th, according to the CAG thread I was linked to from the original Steamgifts.com thread I found this on.

Taken from the CAG thread (Which I'll post at the bottom):

Games More Than $5:

Saints Row: The Third - $24.99

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution Complete Pack - $19.99

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - $9.99

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution - $9.99

Homefront - $9.99

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II - Gold Edition - $9.99

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising - $6.79

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II - $6.79

$5 Games:

Darksiders - $4.99

Metro 2033 - $4.99

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - $4.99

Red Faction Armageddon - $4.99

Company Of Heroes: Opposing Fronts - $4.99

Saints Row 2 - $4.99

Supreme Commander - $4.99

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - $4.99

Company of Heroes Game of the Year - $4.99

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance - $4.99

MX vs ATV Reflex - $4.99

Red Faction Guerrilla - $4.99

Also, A LOT of DLC will be on sale as well. Like seriously, I won't list them all. Go check the CAG thread for more details. :D

Also notable:

Darksiders II PC Download - $44.99 (10% off, it also activates on Steam and includes some exclusive DLC if I'm not mistaken!)

These are some pretty sweet deals if you ask me, especially the bigger price slashes like SR3 or WH40K: Space Marine, but a lot of the games for under $5 are hidden gems I personally greatly enjoyed, like Metro 2033 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

The sale starts Sunday like I mentioned in the beginning, so you only have a day to wait! Also, I'm not entirely sure what platforms these are for (though assuming PC Downloads), so if someone can find out that'd be great. If not, I'll try to check Sunday but no guarantees since I'll be out most of the day.

Here is the CAG thread that I mentioned earlier, it has lots more information than I provided because I don't want to fill up the page with each deal, merely the ones I think will be popular. ;)

If you have Steam and want to see which games support giving out Steam keys, check the below thread as well.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=317580

Enjoy!

Wow that is a lot of games on sales

Already played through Metro on the 360 but I'd like to try it on PC with some of that DX11 goodness. I've always wanted to play STALKER as well.

Already played through Metro on the 360 but I'd like to try it on PC with some of that DX11 goodness. I've always wanted to play STALKER as well.

I can HIGHLY (and I mean it) recommend STALKER! It's a bit of an oldie of course, so it might be a bit hard to get into at first, but it's very good once you do. A thorough backpack system, lots of survival elements, quite a bit of a challenge, and a fantastic story make it one of the best games I've played lately. Just be warned- it is a bit scary (or at least for me, I'm a complete scaredycat when it comes to horror games sadly), so I had to play Nyan Cat in the background while I played multiple times to get through the scariest parts. ^_^

Kiwi strongly recommends the Stalker series, Call of Prypiat has the easiest start, but Kiwi would recommend trying all of them. Metro 2033 is, as some people have said, also pretty great. If you get the original Supreme Commander, get the gold pack. The campaign in both is merely ok, but the game play mechanics in the expansion (Forged Alliance) is so much better, it's absurd. Supreme Commander is all about the economics and mass production of units, practically no micro-management.

Dawn of War 1 is probably the closest on that list to a traditional RTS and even that is pretty different (Kiwi also noticed that they are not mentioned on that list). Dawn of War 1 is probably one of Kiwi's all time favorite RTSes. If you do nothing else, Kiwi would recommend snagging the Dark Crusade expansion, which is stand-alone.

Dawn of War 2 is pretty much on the opposite side of the spectrum of Supreme Commander. It's all about managing a smaller army and using'em bloody well. It also has a fun as hell campaign that you can play Co-op.

Company of Heroes is kind of in between Dawn of War 1 and 2 in terms of mechanics. Opposing Fronts and the original campaigns are pretty cool (opposing fronts is best, but Kiwi believes it is not stand-alone so you need the original). Tales of Valor is best if you just want multiplayer. (the bonus game modes are pretty neat, but kinda limited in replayability) The game also feels pretty intense when battles get going with infantry yelling, machine guns blazing away, artillery falling and what have you.

Saint's Row: The Third is a completely absurd and crass game. If you want something with respectability, avoid it. If you want something incredibly dumb in a funny way, go for it.

Space Marine is a pretty cool game. Not the greatest TPS but if you are a fan of Warhammer 40k it is worth getting because it captures the setting quite nicely (so does the Dawn of War series)

One more thing worth mentioning: If you do decide to get DLC, pay attention. A lot of it (especially for Dawn of War 2 and Space Marine) is cosmetic and only for multiplayer.

Thanks for the recommendations Kiwi and Pixel!

Since it's going until the 15th I'm going to wait and see what Steam's putting on sale for Easter. I'll probably pick up Stalker though.

I already have Supreme Commander / Forged Alliance, an alright game but I've played quite a few RTS games that were better.

Never played any of the Dawn of War series, not sure if I want to get into another big franchise like that right now.

Company of Heroes looks good but I prefer more fantastical / medieval RTS games like Age of Empires / Empire Earth / etc.

Saints Row is one of the best games of last year, if not THE best. I've already 1000ed it on 360 though. Might pick up the DLC but I hear it sucks.

Is all this stuff Steam only? Cause that's some nice prices but Im not a big digital download fan.

Is all this stuff Steam only? Cause that's some nice prices but Im not a big digital download fan.

It isn't Steam only (And quite a few of the games aren't Steam-redeemable either), but I'm pretty sure it is digital download only so I guess you're out of luck there. ;)

It isn't Steam only (And quite a few of the games aren't Steam-redeemable either), but I'm pretty sure it is digital download only so I guess you're out of luck there. ;)

And me, I prefer console and rarely play games on the pc. Not worth it even at that price.

Yea Unless they become GFWL then I'll go for it :D

Yea Unless they become GFWL then I'll go for it :D

What is GFWL?

What is GFWL?

Games for Windows Live, means you can earn achievements for your Xbox profile.

Games for Windows Live, means you can earn achievements for your Xbox profile.

Oh okay, I'll still pass on that haha. That would be a nice thing to add on though. I don't see why not, they can get more people to get it, like Darklurk.

It's too bad these are PC download sales, would have loved some of these deals on consoles!