HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venom

The Last of Us $44.99 (via Newegg)

For those of us who didn't already see this on CAG...

If you're not up to paying MSRP for The Last of Us, here's a nice little deal at $44.99:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Last-of-Us-Playstation3-Game-SONY-/380659899142?customid=2MiwBtVDEeKGO4brTeAH1wq5x_U2Jb3_0_0_0&pub=5574652453&afepn=5337259887&campid=5337259887&pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item58a1191b06&afepn=5337259887

It says limited quantities are available, but it also says there's been nearly 800 sold, so limited probably means 1000 or so. Get in quick if you're interested!

Edit: It's over 1600 sales so I wouldn't worry about that "limited quantities" part. >_>

Man this is tempting. Just launched today too! My wallet is filled with sadness and empty space. Must resist the deal! Thanks Venom!

This is why you don't preorder!

Seriously though I only pre-order anymore to support a series if I really think it needs sales

Welp, looks like it ended. But yeah, I see what you're saying, sometimes you pre-order a game only for it to go on sale a week later...and sometimes you pre-order a game for it to go on sale the day it comes out. :lol:

Was a good deal while it lasted, but I'm sure it'll be cheaper in a couple months for those of us who like to wait.

Saw this. This is especially great if you already have premoney on Newegg from all those rebates before.

Guest ...

Good deal for such a  new game I have been hearing nothing but good things about it. Not surprised considering who the developers are.

I'll have to say no specially since even at that price for a new game It's still to high for my cheapness levels even though I do have the money this isn't what I plan to spend it on and I'm not much for impulse buys. Might take a few months but I will see it on sale around 20 and then I'll bite.

Is it just me or do titles not stay $60 for very long? It seems like over the course of the past six months that if one waits a week or two, sometimes up to a month, the price will drop considerably. 

Yeah it has been doing that lately. I really think they should consider changing the launch price from $60 a bit lower like 40-50. It seems unfair to those who bought it for full price and then a week or two it goes down. Also never seen a launch game at this price either so it was a rare opportunity to buy this game at launch with this price. I really wanted to get it, but I'm too cheap like Kiky said. My buying price point is usually from 20-30 bucks for a new game.

Yeah it has been doing that lately. I really think they should consider changing the launch price from $60 a bit lower like 40-50. It seems unfair to those who bought it for full price and then a week or two it goes down. Also never seen a launch game at this price either so it was a rare opportunity to buy this game at launch with this price. I really wanted to get it, but I'm too cheap like Kiky said. My buying price point is usually from 20-30 bucks for a new game.

But that's why you don't buy stuff at launch anymore. Seeing how games all drop in prices so fast, just wait a week or two unless you win it. Totally worth it.

But that's why you don't buy stuff at launch anymore. Seeing how games all drop in prices so fast, just wait a week or two unless you win it. Totally worth it.

Or try to win it from somewhere. ;-)

Guest ...

Is it just me or do titles not stay $60 for very long? It seems like over the course of the past six months that if one waits a week or two, sometimes up to a month, the price will drop considerably. 

It's not just you we have actually had a few discussions about this. They don't even last a month before they are down to 40ish range.

Or try to win it from somewhere. ;-)

Yea, was hoping I'll be super lucky again and win it here. Still hoping to win it at GDD now.