HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

DarkCobra86

Kingdom Hearts 3 New Details Announced

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/kingdom-hearts-3-new-details-announced?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

First up, the plot will continue on from Dream Drop Distance; "We're proceeding along with which worlds we'll be selecting for the game," he said. "It's the final episode in the 'Dark Seeker' saga that began with the original Kingdom Hearts, and it'll depict the final battle with Xehanort."

Responding to queries regarding the slightly altered visual style seen in the trailer, Nomura explained that the team had spent a long time trying to decide how best to make use of the next-gen consoles' graphical capabilities.

"Should we go for a more realistic look like in recent projects, or try something else? Along the way, we remembered that these Kingdom Hearts characters were originally paintbrush art from Disney productions, a texture that was one of our original aims, and that it was time to return to that. So [chief creative director Takeshi] Nozue went through a series of tests, and the results are the visuals that we refer to in the team as the Kingdom Shader. It may look like a pretty drastic change, but I see it as a rich evolution of everything we've shown you up to now."

In terms of gameplay, Nomura revealed, "The action's pretty frantic. The really bold action we've always had is getting even crazier. Kingdom Hearts III has three-person parties, but NPCs and other characters join the fight in each individual world, and the resulting action is really flashy and exciting. The enemy AI is a lot more intricate, too, and I think the gameplay will reflect that new dynamic balance. For example, there's a foe that's shaped like a vehicle, and Sora may jump on it and fly around; that's already implemented."

So when can we expect to see the game? Well, while he admitted that Kingdom Hearts 3 "is still pretty early in development," we should be getting another look at it soon, possibly at the Tokyo Game Show or definitely at the D23 Expo Japan event in October. It seems achingly far away, but considering we've already waited around seven years since the last numbered title, a couple more months can't hurt.

So this should be the end of the saga. I just bought KH 2 so I need to finish KH 1 and 2 to prepare for this. Also play dream drop distance. Not sure if I'm missing anything else. But looks like I'll have time because the game doesn't look like it'll be out anytime soon.

• Like 1

Supposedly most (if not all) of the KH games tie into the story in a major way.  I know, at the very least, that the DS entry and Birth By Sleep are supposed to be important too.  Chain of Memories happens in between 1 and 2, and while it's not required, it gives a fair amount of backstory about a couple of events going on in 2.

So, um, you'll probably have to play all of them, except maybe Coded.  xD  I'm pretty sure they'll be a 2.5 collection, just like 1.5 though, so you can probably pick that up if it comes out to catch up.

Still feeling the excitement ever since the announcement from E3. Can't wait to play the HD collection too. Birth By Sleep was fantastic on the PSP and actually the last game I've beaten on PSP. Another reason to get a 3DS too for the Dream Drop Distance. I'm tempted to just watch the entire walkthrough for that game, but I want to play it. Random note. . .If Kingdom Hearts III adds Pixar it's an automatic purchase.

I actually dont' midn this now, cause i beat #1 (loved it) and #2 glitched on me right in the nobody world so i couldn't complete it so i never beat it xD  And I've only done the Chain of memories on 3ds via Rom, so I'd love to win that collection now.

And #3 I'm exicted, but it's like it's been soooooooo long xD

Random note. . .If Kingdom Hearts III adds Pixar it's an automatic purchase.

You mean it's not already?

You mean it's not already?

They haven't confirmed it yet. I have heard they are exploring around Disney stuff. I just hope Pixar makes the cut.

They haven't confirmed it yet. I have heard they are exploring around Disney stuff. I just hope Pixar makes the cut.

No, I meant it's not already an automatic purchase? :P

No, I meant it's not already an automatic purchase? :P

xD It will be once it's available for preorder on Amazon. :D

Supposedly most (if not all) of the KH games tie into the story in a major way.  I know, at the very least, that the DS entry and Birth By Sleep are supposed to be important too.  Chain of Memories happens in between 1 and 2, and while it's not required, it gives a fair amount of backstory about a couple of events going on in 2.

So, um, you'll probably have to play all of them, except maybe Coded.  xD  I'm pretty sure they'll be a 2.5 collection, just like 1.5 though, so you can probably pick that up if it comes out to catch up.

Sounds about right. I'll just play them all. Yea I like to get the HD version but I already got a KH1 and I just bought KH2 from Caitlin. So the HD remix won't be important to me. I would get it though since it includes the other game in the 1.5 HD remix which would mean I won't have to get the game in the original version.

HD collection is good and bad. Makes me feel like I shouldn't buy them when I already have one or two of the games in the collection already.

Oh hey, KH3 thread...lemme just bookmark this...

Oh hey, KH3 thread...lemme just bookmark this...

Make sure to check back in a few years, it might be released by then :P.

• Like 1