HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gaiages

The July 2013 "What I really want..." Prize Vault

It's almost like it's Christmas... in July! Welcome to the July 2013 Prize Vault!

This month, one community member (as voted on by the Game Podunk Moderators) will win their choice of any game (console or handheld only, no PC unfortunately), chosen among a five game list you provide us. You will also get a number of other random prizes (*please see the disclaimer at the bottom about the used games that may be offered along with the random prizes)!

Contest qualifications for July will be a little different... this month is going to focus on quality blog submissions.  Create a blog, and write some entries for a chance to win!  One blog post will be voted on as the winner, so make sure to try your best. You can check 'Rules/Qualifications' for more information.

sml_gallery_456_168_97773.jpgsml_gallery_456_168_222962.jpg

sml_gallery_456_168_30473.jpgsml_gallery_456_168_76434.jpg

Note: These are just examples of some of the games you can ask for!

Rules/Qualifications

This month, we're looking for quality blog entries to win the Prize Vault.  Go ahead and create a blog here, and get to writing!

Not sure what to write about?  Here's some ideas:

• Why not try to review, or to express your thoughts on a game you've recently beaten?
  • Have an opinion about some of the more controversial aspects of gaming? Write about it!
  • Found a neat niche game, or an indie title coming out you just have to share?  Blog it up!

Also, here's some other general tips:

• Proofread, proofread, and then proofread again!  It's hard to convey a point to an audience if they cannot read it.
  • Be honest!  Don't try to write something to please anyone in particular--it's far more interesting if you share your opinions.
  • Game Podunk's editor can be a little funky at times.  If you're having trouble with formatting, you can ask one our staff members to help... we've gotten used to some of its quirks. :)

Last, but not least... make sure to have fun with this. If you have any further questions, please post them in the Contest Help thread!

gallery_456_168_385024.jpg

Other Prize Vault Info

The idea behind this Prize Vault is to create some great community blog content.  If your blog posts seem like spam, or if they are particularly offensive, they will not qualify for this contest.  In addition, you may also receive a warning, and if the behavior continues, a ban... so be nice and make quality content while following the rules!

gallery_456_168_70057.jpg

Disclaimer

Game Podunk does not guarantee the working condition of the used games offered in prize vault packages and will not offer a replacement or an exchange for defective/incompatible products. Most of the used games we ship have been donated to us and may not have been tested.

Contest is open to all (even International members) but please be aware that all the games are NTSC Region 1 (NOT PAL); Game Podunk is not responsible for prizes being incompatible. Other restrictions may apply.

I am so sorry for this:

Tell me what you want, what you really really want!

You are amazing, Lee.  :3  And now this contest will forever be affiliated with Spice Girls.

Bonus points if someone writes a blog review of Spice World*

*Not really, but man that'd be cool

My urge to blog like a madman is strong... but I think I'll sit this one out, did just win the last contest after all :)

Oh man this is pretty exciting. Lol nice one Lee! Hm I wonder who'd do a Spice World review. xD

I want to participate in this one, but I just won a vault a while back so I'm gonna back out of this one and root for Kiky to win. :D

Everytime I see a Prize Vault now, I keep thinking Ludo is going to win it.

Guest ...

Augh in for that collection. I get the feeling Lud is gonna win again but the worst thing then failing is not trying right?

I have a few oldies but goodies on ps3 to review anyway.

hmm, been considering starting a GP blog, but I won the The Last of Us contest so I'm not sure it'd be fair if I won again. Still, might be worth entering simply motivating me to start the blog finally ^_^

So just two quick questions: is the game selected by GP or the winner? Do we have to select the blog post we want to be entered, or do we just write them and all are up for vote? First time entering a Prize Vault, so forgive my ignorance if you could :)

Hmm.....time to step up my A-game! ^_^

Also, a quick question- do preorders count for the list? Oh, and....maybe one more question. Do we put the list here or if we win you'll ask?

Augh in for that collection. I get the feeling Lud is gonna win again but the worst thing then failing is not trying right?

I have a few oldies but goodies on ps3 to review anyway.

Yea, I really want the MGS legacy collection. But I do have a feeling Lud will win as he is a blog master and alone the GP interview should win it.

I will give it a try but I am a terrible writer and I never like to sit down and write blogs. By far the most anticobra entries. Maybe, I'll blog more some day. Good luck to all.

hmm, been considering starting a GP blog, but I won the The Last of Us contest so I'm not sure it'd be fair if I won again. Still, might be worth entering simply motivating me to start the blog finally ^_^

So just two quick questions: is the game selected by GP or the winner? Do we have to select the blog post we want to be entered, or do we just write them and all are up for vote? First time entering a Prize Vault, so forgive my ignorance if you could :)

The winner gets to select the game. It will have to be blogs that are written for the contest month. Just write whatever you like as long as it's really interesting and worth reading. Judges will keep an eye out on who provided the best ones and have a chance to win. Don't overdo it and take your time. No prob Ninja, you're not ignorant lol. Good luck on the contest! :D

So is it just one blog post or a series of blog posts? I have confidence I could put together one compelling essay, but a series of essays or reviews is something I have not the time for.

So is it just one blog post or a series of blog posts? I have confidence I could put together one compelling essay, but a series of essays or reviews is something I have not the time for.

Both. You can do whatever you like to increase your chances of winning as long as they are interesting. Just have fun with in and don't think too hard. Hmm I wonder if there is a max blogs created for this contest.

Thanks for answering things, TK.

Hmm.....time to step up my A-game! ^_^

Also, a quick question- do preorders count for the list? Oh, and....maybe one more question. Do we put the list here or if we win you'll ask?

I'm pretty sure Jason will ask for the list when you win.  I'm not sure about preorders... I'm pretty sure it'll have to come out by the end of July for you to get it.  You could probably still put pre-orders on your list, but it'll be far less likely you get that than something that's already released.

TK answered most of it, but I want to stress that you give a list of 5 or so games that you want, and GP will send one of them to you.  :)

~

Also, everyone should at least give it a shot, even if you've won something in the past.  It's good to have some competition, and while it hasn't happened yet (I think), there's no rules saying you can't win twice in a row!

thanks for the answers both of you :D

I've got a few ideas cooking now, so I will see if I can put them into something decent soon. Excited to see what everyone else is writing as well ^_^

O I don't really blog.  Then again I had a good 2 months in a row prize wise so good luck everyone esle :P

O I don't really blog. Then again I had a good 2 months in a row prize wise so good luck everyone esle :P

As Ratatouille wisely taught me: Anyone can cook blog! Nothing to lose and everything to gain, I'd say give it a shot!

On that note I need to take my own advice and finish up another post. Anyone want to chime in on which of these I should feature next in my "Waiting for the Greenlight" series?

• Freedom Fall
  • A Walk in the Dark
  • Love+
  • 8-Bit Commando
  • Smooth Operators
  • Beware Planet Earth
  • Ichi
Most or maybe all of these will probably get a post, but I'd love some input if there is a specific one anyone is interested in (I already own them all, but haven't had time to play them)

• A Walk in the Dark
  • Love+

These two.

These two.

awesome, I'll get on that (A Walk in the Dark was at the top of my list anyways) ^_^

Oh hey, I finally found the prize vault thread. Kinda took me forever, so...yeah...

Sorry, I dont not have permission to do that1

Guest ...

I am so sorry for this:

Tell me what you want, what you really really want!

Sporty spice seriously needs a sports bra.

Good question - to make it a little clearer, yes and no to the first question.

Basically what we're doing is having the winner send us a list of at least 5 games they want in priority of most wanted, and then one is selected from us from there. The reason we do it this way is because we work with a distribution center from a marketing company that distributes video games, but sometimes they may not have everything in stock; so having a list helps us to know which game to send you if the first isn't available, or the second, or so on.

As for your second question, we'll be looking at any and all blogs written throughout July, and those that really stand out to us will be up as a contender for winning the prize vault.

You are amazing, Lee.  :3  And now this contest will forever be affiliated with Spice Girls.

Bonus points if someone writes a blog review of Spice World*

*Not really, but man that'd be cool

I'd try but that would be a short review. I only wish I had a little more talent writing and I might try a blog. Who know I might try to give it a go.