HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
DrPixel

The Gettysburgs Are Everything But Armored Giveaway [Steam]

Yeah, not really sure what's up with the title. Must have been a malfunction of the regular giveaway post thread(s). Well, on with the giveaway:

So, I've been stalkerishly (if that's a word) following the development of this game called "Gettysburg: Armored Warfare". Okay, well not really, but I was anticipating the release. So, when the game came out last week, I tried my hardest to get a Steam key for it (because I'm a cheapo who A. Doesn't like buying games if I don't have to and B. Just spent almost $40 on games a week or two ago). Anyway, I somehow ended up with THREE keys, so I took one for myself and gave the second to a friend. Well, this little third key needs a home. I feel like Game Podunk has done me only good in the short time that I've been here, so I'd like to give back a bit, even if it's small like a $10 game I got for free and want to share. ;)

You can read more about the game here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/200630

How To Win:

Tell me the most hilarious gaming experience you've ever had, and the best one chosen by me will win. That's it.

The key will be given via PM unless you want to add me on Steam and be my Steam buddy or something.....and maybe play the game you won with me. :D

If you don't know how to redeem a Steam key, I can tell you how, just ask.

This giveaway is open to all members of Game Podunk. I'm not part of the Game Podunk staff and therefore they may take this down at any notice if they feel it violates the rules of some sort (though I certainly hope they don't).

This will end at 11:59 PM PST on Sunday, April 8, 2012. The key will be given out most likely the next day in the afternoon/early evening.

So, let the odds ever be in your favor!

P.S. If this is in the wrong section mods, feel free to move it (and please let me know for if I ever do another giveaway).

Cool giveaway, don't have a steam account. so I'll pass. Thanks though.

Kiwi thinks it would be hard to accurately describe something of this nature, since a good number of them are of the "You had to have been there" sort.

So instead, let Kiwi tell you a story about a person. Their name is Ayn Rand. Ayn Rand lead a relatively normal life except for one thing. She lived in the Source Engine. For the most part, this doesn't really mean too much, but one day, Ayn Rand was pulling up her bootstraps and she yanked too hard! Her knees shot straight up into her chest. Fortunately, since this was in Source, she was unharmed, but she couldn't move. Then her legs started to spasm wildly. She grabbed her legs in an attempt to stop them, but this only caused her hands to get stuck to her legs. Her legs continued their vagary movements until they suddenly stopped. She blinked. Then all of limbs came undone as she was propelled across the room, bouncing off walls, but strangely unhurt. It was the most frightening, yet amazing experience she ever had. After being baffled by how the things she knocked onto the floor seemed to fuse together, she decided to try to share with others this experience and teach them of how they may do it themselves. Unfortunately, people came to conclude that her saying of "Pull yourself up by the boot straps" was an expression telling people to eschew government help and make their own fortune. Her own well-known philosophy getting in the way of her most important message. Don't be fooled, pull yourself up by the boot-straps and don't let philosophy get in the way of good advice.

• Like 1

I unfortunately have no fun stories that I can think of right now but I just wanted to say the messed up title of this thread makes me laugh. The Gettsyburgs are everything BUT armored!

Okay, now to let people post who are actually going to enter. :P

This is very cool of you to do, DrPixel!

I won't be entering, but I'll definitely tweet about it for you on Twitter. Good luck to everyone else! Oh, and nice job with the contest name; pretty clever, haha. :lol:

Might as well take a stab at it eh?

A little glitch that happened during my playthrough of Fallout New Vegas comes to mind. There was this guy who runs up to you to talk to you (forget his name but he was in one of the outlying towns) and somehow I managed to save right before he came up to me. I had saved because I was done for the night. The next night however I load up the game and the guy is gone, even though he should have been only a few feet away from me. So I shrug it off and keep going about my business. Soon however I hear the sound of someone coming after me so I turn around and see the same guy running toward me (at this point I'm well away from the town) So I let him come up to me. The dialogue pops up...but doesnt go away. So I'm forced to reload and keep going. It happens again, and I try running away. I realized that when I entered a building he'd disappear for a while. However he continued to show up at the worst times (such as in the middle of a fight) so frustrated and annoyed I gave up on the game!

Heres a slightly shorter one:

I was playing Battlefield 3 with some friends the other night. My friend gets the great idea to get our squad in a helicoptor and fly over to the enemy aircraft carrier. I landed the heli and they jumped out and quickly placed C4 on the jets (you only have like 9 seconds in enemy territory before you die), and jumped back into the heli and we flew off. We were only a little ways away from the carrier when the enemy jets came after us. Both the jets started firing at us trying to take us down, my friends jumped out of the heli and on their way down detonated the C4. Both Jets blew up and the pilots, confused and upset accused us of hacking and cheating. :P

• Like 1

....And the winner of the very fancy chicken dinner is Ludono! Well, not really, but you did win a game. Congrats on the big win and one TWO entertaining stories that made me chuckle a bit! I'll be sending you the key through PM as soon as I can (probably within 5 minutes or so).

Also, nice story Kiwi (though I didn't understand it that much haha), it was pretty amusing to read in your usual Kiwi-style storytelling.;0