HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Ludono

Attack on Titan Budget and BD Release

I guess they blew it all on animating the fight scenes / maneuver gear scenes because they are really cutting corners whereever possible lol

They've been cutting and pasting scenes the entire time...

qYsuZ76.jpg

Fjlg5a1.jpg

JPUBE8f.jpg

Not to worry, the bluray release will fix it all! Just look at the comparisons between the current TV streams and the bluray release.

(Left side is TV, Right sight is BD)

ibgK4G7XfgceUv.jpg

ibwuvbACk4Aeld.jpg

ib0G1uLtlU5evf.jpg

ibr26nHFohjyaa.jpg

iJibB05Q7wlE7.jpg

Also the ages of some of the characters confuses me....

946696_205163962976125_1452003877_n.jpg

I remember seeing those around the net about the reused scenes. I read somewhere they had a low budget animation team at the time or something and said they will improve on that as time goes by. Most animes do that to keep the budget cost going high. Most animators put in a lot of work with hand drawn animations and computer digitally. Redline used hand animation and took a lot of years making that movie. With animes these days you'll def see reused scenes to not put too much work and keep the cost balance. It sucks they do that, but I can understand the workig environment in animating and how tough it is to make things perfect and stuff.

Anyways I was very surprised to learn how old Levi is. That really surprises me. It's like what you showed me last night about the 40 year old Japanese woman looking like a young 20 year old. I guess Levi knows how to take care of himself and the other guy must have had bad effects from biting his tongue too much. Either way I'm looking forward to the Bluray release for this wonderful awesome anime. Def will support the official release when it comes out. Woo!

Haha, interesting how we never usually notice how different anime reuse the same scenes, but I'm sure that happens a lot.

Also, age differences are really strange in anime. One of the strangest to this day is Yoko (from Gurren Lagann) being 14. :huh:

Also, age differences are really strange in anime. One of the strangest to this day is Yoko (from Gurren Lagann) being 14. :huh:

Yup, some more examples....

Can you guess their ages?

101005.jpg

Over 30

84227.jpg

128975.jpg

16-18

101379.jpg

16-18 (He's in highschool)

tumblr_maic3s4CTi1rn1gh6o1_500.gif

Over 500!

Guest ...

I noticed the titans being repeated the first time I saw them. You know the ones climing up the walls and trees? I thought it was pretty funny I don't mind they reuse stuff cauz the stuff is pretty good looking in the first place.