HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Steve Bitto

Favorite Final Fantasy Character

Steve Bitto    149

There have been hundreds if not thousands of Final Fantasy characters over the years. Each has their own unique personality and narrative. Which FF characters did you love the most?

Personally, my favorites are Cloud (FFVII), Auron (FFX) and Blank (FFIX). The first is as cliche as you can get, the second is pretty standard and the third is pretty random. Feel free to add a little diversity to your choices as well!

Jason Clement    964

Oh man, where to start, haha...

My favorites are Shadow (FFVI), Tifa (FFVII), Beatrix (FFIX), Blank (FFIX), and Balthier (FFXII). In particular, I really like Shadow not only for his cool outfit and appearance, but also because he's literally on no one's side until the very end of the game, and I thought that was an interesting dynamic. Similarly, I love how they built Beatrix up to be a really strong female in FFIX, breaking the damsel in distress cliche that many games were still attuned to.

I adore Beatrix, Tifa, Paine, and Lulu have a soft spot in my heart. My main dudes have gotta be Zidane, Amarant, Freya is my secret lover, I love Ashe and Panello too. I can go on forever!!!

Leah    112

Umm let's see... :D I adore Balthier and Fran from FFXII. Yuna, Rikku, and Auron from FFX. Cid from FFVII.

barrel    380

Edgar/Kefka (FFVI), Selphie (FFVIII) Zidane (FFIX), Rikku (FFX) Balthier (FFXII), and Lightning (FFXIII)

Hmm, because Edgar is a playa, Zidane is a playa, and Balthier is a really classy playa...and Kefka is Kefka. Rikku and Selphie because they sort of lightened up the mood of two games that took themselves too seriously at times, and because they wore orange (ok, for Selphie I'm not sure it's probably yellow, but I'm too lazy to google and confirm it). Lightning may be entirely because I think she is smexy....I mean also because she is cool and kicks butt, right, those too **reassures self**. I admit, I really liked IX's cast, but I'll refrain from listing more.

After playing XIII-2, I admit I am kind of surprised I like Noel and Caius, not sure if they are favorites but they're cool I thought.

John Kidman    209

FFIV - Kain

FFVI - Kefka (favorite non-playable character)

FFVI - Setzer

FFVI - Sabin

FFIX - Vivi

FFX - Rikku

FFXII - Balthier (the only playable character I really liked)

FFXIII - Lightning (desipite what the haters say)

Nearly Every game - Cid

In particular, I really like Shadow not only for his cool outfit and appearance, but also because he's literally on no one's side until the very end of the game, and I thought that was an interesting dynamic.

So, you're trying to say that you're doing it wrong if you left him behind? :)

Gosh, I have a few favorites.

Female: Ashe, Lulu, Lightning, Terra, Fran, Quistis, Rinoa

Male: Sephiroth (yeah, yeah...), Balthier, Zidane, Kefka, Sazh, Noel, Auron

Only ones I can really give a reason as to why I like them is Sephiroth (I'm a sucker for the long hair), Balthier (ladies man!), Kefka (homicidal manic), Lightning (badass chick), and Fran (she put up with Balthier's womanizing ways for years AND she's amazing).

Andres    3

FFIV - Kain

FFVI - Kefka (favorite non-playable character)

FFVI - Setzer

FFVI - Sabin

FFIX - Vivi

FFX - Rikku

FFXII - Balthier (the only playable character I really liked)

FFXIII - Lightning (desipite what the haters say)

Nearly Every game - Cid

So, you're trying to say that you're doing it wrong if you left him behind? :)

lol i still don't know why people hate Lightning. I mean her character is great and she looks very cool. I just don't get why they hate her though???

Jessica Jung    82

lol i still don't know why people hate Lightning. I mean her character is great and she looks very cool. I just don't get why they hate her though???

Wait, people actually hate Lightning? I've yet to meet someone that doesn't like her o_o

Andres    3

Wait, people actually hate Lightning? I've yet to meet someone that doesn't like her o_o

Believe it or not yeah they do. I don't know why they would hate her... She is Awesome!!! =D

Rookscastle    0

To tell the truth I have to say Auron from FFX, I am not a huge fan of FFX in terms of characters but Auron made want to see the end. I've got two more that are close and they are Lulu from FFX and Quistis from FFVIII.

Andres    3

To tell the truth I have to say Auron from FFX, I am not a huge fan of FFX in terms of characters but Auron made want to see the end. I've got two more that are close and they are Lulu from FFX and Quistis from FFVIII.

Yeah Auron was badass and Lulu and Quistis was pretty good characters in their own right =D

Veridis_Quo    3

I was pretty late with FF but I did come into it with a great game and that was FFX. The one character that stood out for me was Auron. He was just really cool, didn't say too much but when he did you know it was important. He had presence about him as well - almost like a tired samurai and the end of the road. I guess that's what made him really interesting. You'd want to know more about him and why he is the way he is. His character was developed well and I was satisfied with how the game handled him through the end. Characters like Auron are among the best remember in the series for me.

Andres    3

I was pretty late with FF but I did come into it with a great game and that was FFX. The one character that stood out for me was Auron. He was just really cool, didn't say too much but when he did you know it was important. He had presence about him as well - almost like a tired samurai and the end of the road. I guess that's what made him really interesting. You'd want to know more about him and why he is the way he is. His character was developed well and I was satisfied with how the game handled him through the end. Characters like Auron are among the best remember in the series for me.

He was very well made that's for sure lol. His personality was just awesome from beginning to end :D

TKtheknight    962

Other than Cloud, Squall, Zidane, etc. Too much awesome characters, I'd say the sexy girls of Final Fantasy. Aw yeah! ;)

DarkCobra86    571

Well my favorite FF game is FF7 so I always go for Cloud. But after playing crisis core, I actually think my favorite now is Zack. He is just so much cooler, and I mean cloud was so bad in that game, just so weak and pathetic. Just that final scene with Zack in crisis core was so epic, I teared up inside.

Kezins    335

Well my favorite FF game is FF7 so I always go for Cloud. But after playing crisis core, I actually think my favorite now is Zack. He is just so much cooler, and I mean cloud was so bad in that game, just so weak and pathetic. Just that final scene with Zack in crisis core was so epic, I teared up inside.

I guess I'd probably take Zack over Cloud. The only thing Cloud had going for him was a truly epic sword, but Cloud was kinda cliche JRPG guy.

DarkCobra86    571

I guess I'd probably take Zack over Cloud. The only thing Cloud had going for him was a truly epic sword, but Cloud was kinda cliche JRPG guy.

I have to agree after watching FF last order and playing crisis core, Zack to me is my favorite FF character now. Cloud is still cool but this was me when I was much younger and playing my first FF game ever. Definitely became a huge fanboy. I still think he is cool. He also have an awesome finishing move and tifa going for him ;).

The Gamer    0

Cloud would be my favorite, but i also like Terra, Kefka, Tifa, Aerith, Squall, Rinoa, Quistis, Jecth, Sephiroth, Zack and Yuna.

Slayn Bacon    33

I'd have to say Mog from FF6 he was just so amazing and his dances were fun. But in a very very very close second Zax/Zack FF7 he is just too damn cool.

DarkCobra86    571

I'd have to say Mog from FF6 he was just so amazing and his dances were fun. But in a very very very close second Zax/Zack FF7 he is just too damn cool.

Yea, Zack is the best. Did you play Crisis Core?

There is also a Mog on FF13-2.