HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ...

Change of Heart

Guest ...

What are some characters you thought you where going to dislike or be annoyed by. When you first started the game or saw videos of it. But after playing the game those characters really grew on you? Or what are some characters you got excited about and thought you where going to like but you ended up disliking them.

I thought i was going to be meh about Noel from Final Fantasy 13-2. But the more i played the more he grew on me. I cant really say why though considering he was exactly what i expected him to be lol.

Navi from Ocarina of time. When i first met her as a child i thought. "Cool someone to help me and accompany me on my journey" after a few "hey listen!"s I wanted to stick her in a bottle like a health fairy but instead of keeping her ditching the bottle in the lost woods.

What about you guys? Any characters surprise you in a good way or in a bad way?

Yes, Navi gets annoying quick.

I think Ocelot was something that grew on you as you play the series especially when you finish up MGS 4. You realized what he was for all along. I even shot him when I first took him out in MGS 3. Of course the game made me restart because well...let's just say he is a central figure in all the games, so he can't die like that lol.

You kow what grinds my gears at first? Those typical annoying JRPG characters who's the most annoying character in the game. You hate this annoying child like character who can be so useless in battle and never shuts the heck up about something even nag and nag and nag about shizznizz. Also sometimes they can develop a secret love crush to the main character and stuff. Stahp it!

But..as the story continues you get a feel for this character's backstory and character development. Sure she/he is annoying, but she/he wants to fit in with the group and willing to do the best she/he can to help out. The annoying character would feel useless and let the group down, but deep down the character has heart and determination to prove everyone wrong. You may be annoying, but you're a sweet and lovable person in the end. The group hangout wouldn't be as fun without ya in the journey.

I hated these characters at first, but as the character grew on me, I enjoyed their presence and hilarity. Can't judge a book by it's cover quickly. This is why I like learning more about the character in games as you go on. Some characters from Final Fantasy and Tales games.

Guest ...

You kow what grinds my gears at first? Those typical annoying JRPG characters who's the most annoying character in the game. You hate this annoying child like character who can be so useless in battle and never shuts the heck up about something even nag and nag and nag about shizznizz. Also sometimes they can develop a secret love crush to the main character and stuff. Stahp it!

Lol tk I'm the girl that said she wanted to stick Navi in a bottle and toss it in the lost woods. Yet I think that first summary was really harsh.

Lol tk I'm the girl that said she wanted to stick Navi in a bottle and toss it in the lost woods. Yet I think that first summary was really harsh.

Lol yeah that is too harsh coming from a nice person like me, but like I said later can't judge a book by its cover. The character will grow on you as the story goes. It's part of the formula of a cliche JRPG element on characters or games in general.

Some examples

-Hated Hope, but liked him a little bit later as his character developed, but FFXIII-2 Hope is better.

-Vanille for a little while, then she got more awesome before and after Fang came along. Then magic happen

-Some Tales characters for sure.

As anyone who's played Tales of the Abyss will agree with, Luke is really hard to like at first because he starts out as an annoying, self-entitled little buttwit. It's not until a certain turning point in the game's story that he starts being likable. Also Ratchet (from Ratchet & Clank) is kind of unlikable for the first part of the first game, but he gets better later on in the game and certainly as the series goes on.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Jak (Jak & Daxter). I guess it's hard to say I "liked" him in the original game but I didn't dislike him either. Then he started talking in the second game and just ruined everything by being all angsty and rage-y.

-Hated Hope, but liked him a little bit later as his character developed, but FFXIII-2 Hope is better.

Can't stand him in FF13 but he got a lot better in FF13-2.

Guest ...

Wow everyone really hates hope... or at least hated him. I didn't mind him much, yeah he was everything tk said but he was just a little kid that lost his mom. Yeah it's stereotypical JRPG characteristics but I still gave him a pass. Also I never found vanille annoying though I did get very suspicious of her through out the game. I thought she was gonna be some secret master mind or something at the end... nope smarter then most people think but still a bit of a ditz lol.