HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kezins

Music Confessions: Artists You Like People Think You Shouldn't......

I still love Coldplay, Christopher Cross, Madonna and Limp Bizkit. Lol

How about you guys?

Nice! I too like Coldplay and Limp Bizkit! It's been a while since I've heard from them though. I know LB recently made a new album this past year.

Anyways to add to the list, how about some Nickelback!? Also still never know what's with the hate on them. I like their songs and I think they are catchy.

Linkin Park is my favorite band I know they get some hate recently because of their style or change. It doesn't bother me at all. Sure I miss the old punk rock back then, but I'm a loyal fan so whatever they do I support.

Earlier this year I started to listen to Lana Del Ray. I think she's pretty awesome and her songs are quite melodic too.

I liked Good Charlotte's older music back in the days. I use to hear one of the songs on Madden over and over lol. I think it was Anthem.

Katy Perry. I admit I do love her songs, but not a super huge fan. They are catchy and I would randomly hum them and wonder why.

Nirvana. I know some people on here say they're overrated. Outside of the whole Cobain shiz, I like some of the songs and stuff and heck Dave Grohl as a drummer for them was so good and eventually became the lead singer for Foo Fighters.

These are some of the examples I have.

Hmm, well, I like some of Metallica's post 1989 (or whenever And Justice For All came out) stuff, which most fans of the first 3-4 albums hate. I also like some metalcore/screamo stuff...Eyes Set to Kill, The Agony Scene, and some others. I also like this band called Adrenaline Mob that most metal fans hate simply because it's not what they were expecting from the drummer from Dream Theater, the singer from Symphony X, and some other guys. One of the more hilarious tags for the band on Last.fm is "midlife crisis metal." xD

Guest ...

Glad you made this. Well I like Josie and the ***** cats as much as they are generic from the movie I still love their music. Like pretend to be nice and 3 small words.

Also I think Miley Cyrus doesn't get enough credit for being a good emotional singer. Yeah shes acting up, yeah shes doing it for attention. But shes talented and we gotta admit it. Wrecking ball and the climb are good songs.

Taylor Swift, I love everything about her and I don't know why it's so popular to hate on her. She makes great music about her life. and not just about boys. Safe and Sound, and Mean are perfect examples.

Mika, I know his stuff is cheesy but I can't help it... he has good songs for bad days or great songs for good days.

I love Madonna I never knew that she was on the "bad" artist list. I think shes great and she just keeps on giving. Specially her early to mid 2000 stuff. Those are great. Sorry and hung up are favs of mine.

@Tk who the heck says you shouldn't listen to Lana Del Ray? Other then Lud...

I recently heard One Direction for the first time and liked what I heard. Honestly, I think the hate towards them mostly stems from that stigma all boy bands seem to get. I also like plenty of the *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys songs I've heard, even though I denied it back in the day as a result of the very same stigma.

No problem with that Jason. Backstreet Boys and NSYNC are awesome old school. I really ever had a problem or hated them. I think it was just the fangirls drooling about them over us lol. Ya know I really love Justin Timberlake. Best former Disney child to pierce the heavens with his talents.

I don't listen to Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato much, but they are great as well. Both have great talents and singing. Side not Wizards of Waverly Place is da bomb! I admit I love watching that show because it's pretty funny and awesome lol.

No problem with that Jason.

>:|

I recently heard One Direction for the first time and liked what I heard. Honestly, I think the hate towards them mostly stems from that stigma all boy bands seem to get. I also like plenty of the *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys songs I've heard, even though I denied it back in the day as a result of the very same stigma.

I'm proud to say I still know the lyrics to their songs. They were good in the days.

As I normally listen to bands like The Civil Wars, City And Color, Radiohead, Tool and slightly harder rock like Killswitch Engage and Five Finger Deathpunch, I also have a soft spot for more mainstream pop music. Two artists that I like that has people questioning my choices are, Kelly Clarkson and Katy Perry. Well, since Kelly has basically gone country, she's kind go off my list now. I'm not proud that I recently bought Katy Perry's new cd, in fact I'm judging myself for it.

Guest ...

I'm not proud that I recently bought Katy Perry's new cd, in fact I'm judging myself for it.

Aww come on, if you like it, you like it lol.

Demi, i think she has a big voice, but most of her songs are pretty bad

14l7xcg.jpg

I somehow knew someone would mention Nickelback. Lol. When I hear them, it reminds me of the late Kid Kraddick and how he called them a "lumberjack" band since their music sounds like something you'd saw wood to. Lmao

As I normally listen to bands like The Civil Wars, City And Color, Radiohead, Tool and slightly harder rock like Killswitch Engage and Five Finger Deathpunch, I also have a soft spot for more mainstream pop music. Two artists that I like that has people questioning my choices are, Kelly Clarkson and Katy Perry. Well, since Kelly has basically gone country, she's kind go off my list now. I'm not proud that I recently bought Katy Perry's new cd, in fact I'm judging myself for it.

I have a few songs from The Civil Wars...not bad.

I somehow knew someone would mention Nickelback. Lol. When I hear them, it reminds me of the late Kid Kraddick and how he called them a "lumberjack" band since their music sounds like something you'd saw wood to. Lmao

I like Nickelback, I like a couple of their songs.

Paramore

The Cure

Minor Threat

Green Day

Tsunami Bomb

The Killers

Dead Cab for Cutie

The Donnas

The Misfits

To name a handful. 

No one have said Justin Bieber yet?

Speaking of JB, I was watching Jingle Ball 2013 Live @ Madison Square Garden last night and there was this kid performing that I could have sworn was Bieber, evidently it was Austin Mahone--who? I was so confused.

Paramore

The Cure

Minor Threat

Green Day

Tsunami Bomb

The Killers

Dead Cab for Cutie

The Donnas

The Misfits

To name a handful. 

Thank you for showing me that Cure song and Paramore's cover the other night. I feel like you're taking me into your music world! I'm not even mad. Woo! xD

Speaking of JB, I was watching Jingle Ball 2013 Live @ Madison Square Garden last night and there was this kid performing that I could have sworn was Bieber, evidently it was Austin Mahone--who? I was so confused.

I don't like JB but I have to admit that a few of his lyrics in his song was catchy that I heard on Pandora.

Oh, let me add JT to this, I'm not sure if this is a confession since I think after him going solo pretty much everyone knows he is good and is an amazing artist.