HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gaiages

Free Pokemon Alert: Download Pokemon Bank and Get a Celebi

Question

Pokemon Bank (and Poke Transfer) is going to release December 27th, with a 30 day free trial if you download it before January 31st.  Well, if you download the bank anytime before September 30th, you'll get a nice, free Celebi for your troubles.  Nothing like getting a free somewhat difficult legendary for your troubles!

131218_g01_pic09.info_.2013.12.131218_g0

Level 10

Moves:

Hold Back

Recover

Heal Bell

Safeguard

Hold Back is an exclusive move that was revealed only a couple of days ago.  It's similar to False Swipe, as it will leave a Pokemon with 1HP when it would otherwise kill it.

So yeah, if you have X/Y, even if you weren't planning on transferring up, it'd be worth at least downloading the free trial of Bank for the Celebi.  Don't forget!

Is anyone seriously going to be paying for the bank? Like, why do we even need it?

Is anyone seriously going to be paying for the bank? Like, why do we even need it?

You need the bank to use Poke Transfer, so you can transfer Gen V Pokes to Gen VI.  Also, it provides the extra space for crazy people that have, like, a billion Pokemon.

I'll only be using the free trial myself for transferring, so I don't really buy into the appeal, but it's there (and cheap) for those that need it, I suppose.

But whatevz, you get a Celebi with it so it's cool

I think a lot of those crazy competitive people who breed a lot of pokemon will use it. The crazy types who fill up their PC's with eggs trying to get specific natures and IV's. I.... know at least one of them in real life.

But yeah, I don't think I'd use it beyond transferring.

I definitely won't use the program, but I'll take a free Pokemon. :D It'll probably break the game like that downloadable Torchic does, but eh, no one's making me use it to completely decimate lower level Pokemon.

For those that bother with this sort of thing, here's more info about the Celebi you'll receive:

Level 10

Moves:

Hold Back

Recover

Heal Bell

Safeguard

Hold Back is an exclusive move that was revealed only a couple of days ago.  It's similar to False Swipe, as it will leave a Pokemon with 1HP when it would otherwise kill it.

I'll update the OP with this.  :)

For those that bother with this sort of thing, here's more info about the Celebi you'll receive:

Level 10

Moves:

Hold Back

Recover

Heal Bell

Safeguard

I'll update the OP with this.  :)

Sounds like a pretty good move.

Eh, for $5 a year, I'll likely use it for the first year. Just in case it does offer a service I need. If not, I'm only out $5. 

I definitely won't use the program, but I'll take a free Pokemon. :D It'll probably break the game like that downloadable Torchic does, but eh, no one's making me use it to completely decimate lower level Pokemon.

Wait, what is this about the downloadable Torchic now? How does it break the game? o_o

Wait, what is this about the downloadable Torchic now? How does it break the game? o_o

Well just how it levels up so fast, early in the game it decimates pretty much any opponent in battle (except water type, but even then it's leveled up enough to not get hurt much by them) and it makes things (i.e. the first gym) really easy. I ended up swapping it out after I got Charmander so I could have a fire type that was actually on equal standing with the Pokemon I was fighting. xD

This comment is random and out of the blue, but If I were Ciel and get this Pokemon, I'd name it Cielebi.

This comment is random and out of the blue, but If I were Ciel and get this Pokemon, I'd name it Cielebi.

*chortle*

Well just how it levels up so fast, early in the game it decimates pretty much any opponent in battle (except water type, but even then it's leveled up enough to not get hurt much by them) and it makes things (i.e. the first gym) really easy. I ended up swapping it out after I got Charmander so I could have a fire type that was actually on equal standing with the Pokemon I was fighting. xD

Also, if I remember correctly, it comes with Speed Boost, which is a broken Nature for Blaziken--I think it's even banned from tourament play... but I honesty don't remember/too lazy to look up if my claim's correct

Also, if I remember correctly, it comes with Speed Boost, which is a broken Nature for Blaziken--I think it's even banned from tourament play... but I honesty don't remember/too lazy to look up if my claim's correct

Yeah it has Speed Boost. As for the other thing, I dunno. xD

Related to Pokemon Bank (I didn't wanna make a separate thread):

http://tinycartridge.com/post/71224539746/eshop-down-worldwide-during-pokemon-financial

Apparently Pokemon Bank in Japan more or less crashed the eShop in that region, so the NA and Europe dates have pushed back to "TBD".  It probably won't be a long delay, but it's a delay nevertheless.

Related to Pokemon Bank (I didn't wanna make a separate thread):

http://tinycartridge.com/post/71224539746/eshop-down-worldwide-during-pokemon-financial

Apparently Pokemon Bank in Japan more or less crashed the eShop in that region, so the NA and Europe dates have pushed back to "TBD".  It probably won't be a long delay, but it's a delay nevertheless.

Pretty weird to hear; I wonder what went wrong with it.

In any case, maybe this is a good thing since I'm sure a lot of people will be on the eShop after yesterday. This'll at least give the servers some breathing room for a time.

I haven't even touched Pokemon X since I put my team together... it is just... boring. It lacks a certain something and that something isn't necessarily "end game". I might go ahead and do this just to get a Celebi, but... yeah... probably not.

They need to put the PokeBank back up ASAP. Can't wait to get Celebi.

I haven't even touched Pokemon X since I put my team together... it is just... boring. It lacks a certain something and that something isn't necessarily "end game". I might go ahead and do this just to get a Celebi, but... yeah... probably not.

Agreed.  The lack of a legitimate rival (sorry, that group of five are straight up friends... not even frenemies).  Team Flare is such a burn out compared to team Plasma et al.  A lot of little quirks stack up against it, imo.  Plus, you really dont need more than your two starters and maybe a pikachu to plow through 90% of the game.  I only had to keep lower levels around for help capturing lower level pokemon

Agreed.  The lack of a legitimate rival (sorry, that group of five are straight up friends... not even frenemies).  Team Flare is such a burn out compared to team Plasma et al.  A lot of little quirks stack up against it, imo.  Plus, you really dont need more than your two starters and maybe a pikachu to plow through 90% of the game.  I only had to keep lower levels around for help capturing lower level pokemon

I beat the entire game save for the Elite 4 without swapping out my Charizard. I created an end-game team, but the game lacks end-game. I guess capturing all the Pokemon and battling is the "end-game" but I mean... that's only fun for so long. I want to do more than just battle although I'm not sure what.

Go get Celebi now!

They'll be distributing more event Pokémon in the future via PokeBank.

This almost makes me want to start playing Pokemon again... almost.

This almost makes me want to start playing Pokemon again... almost.

So I've gotta know - what was the stopping point for you? For me, I just didn't feel a need to keep playing after I beat the Elite Four. I dunno, maybe this will be my last mainline Pokemon game; maybe it's just not for me anymore.

So I've gotta know - what was the stopping point for you? For me, I just didn't feel a need to keep playing after I beat the Elite Four. I dunno, maybe this will be my last mainline Pokemon game; maybe it's just not for me anymore.

I'm not sure, really. After I beat the E4 I almost got my team together, but didn't care to complete it. Some of my favorite Pokemon are missing, although I'm sure with Poke Bank they are now within the game. Battling via wi-fi is cool, but at the same time kind of unrewarding. The end game, that is collecting all the Pokemon and building your team, is again not really rewarding. What do I get for collecting all the Pokemon? Certainly not a Mew.

It is sort of funny how after all of the Pokemon hyped subsided... I finally now want to play the game again because I can bring back my old Pokemanz. Like I dunno, I played the 1st gym, got bored and then played other games instead, and now that Bravely Default hype has started I'm now playing.... Pokemanz? (I think it's because me and my friend had a pokemanz talk a few days ago and now I want to take battle him).

I realize I don't really care for Pokemon aside from the competitive promise of battling with people I know or post-game (which apparently this game doesn't have... but neither did B/W, really. Honestly, SS was the only one I went crazy with post-game because I thought the gym leader/rival rematches were pretty cool with high level Pokemanz). 

I haven't played a single pokemon game since Yellow. But I will say with R/B/Y I didn't stop until I got Mewtwo and all the pokemon I could get in that game. I would assume for all future pokemon games that I play will be the same. It won't stop until that pokedex is 100% too.

Hmm, do I really feel like turning on my 3DS to do something besides play Bravely Default? Decisions decisions...