HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Was going through some of my favorite movie music from 2013 earlier today, so I decided to make a thread for this.

I'm sure there are more tracks that I can't think of at the moment, but here are a few of my favorites from throughout the year.

http://youtu.be/hvxyzWIwQA8

Starts out slow but picks up around 1:08. This still might be my favorite track of the year. Pretty epic-sounding stuff. I can also imagine Marshall in the background saying "I WILL FIND HIM, JOR-EL!!!" :)

For some reason it sounds a little quieter here, I dunno why, but you may have to turn the volume up a little to hear it.

The riff at the beginning is extremely catchy but I especially love when the whole orchestra comes in at 0:45. Great stuff!

Howard Shore's stuff is always usually pretty great, but his elvish tracks are pretty spectacular, what with the chorus and all.

This is pretty low-key stuff, but I especially like the percussion and beat that happens at 2:15. Such a catchy little song, lol.

I'll probably add more later too if I can think of anything else.

What about you? Any songs or themes that really stood out to you this year in movies?

Pretty much Jason nailed it with those choices. Couldn't think of any so listened through these.

Beautiful

Scarlett can sing! Squee!

Movie music...Um, I don't think I've seen nearly enough movies from this year to even begin to think what I thought was my favorite. I can probably name all the movies I saw on one hand really. But great choices so far.