HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Clement

TK can't connect to the site for some reason

Question

For some reason, TK can't connect to the site ever since we switched hosts. Obviously, I've ruled out GP itself being the source of his not being able to connect since everyone else is loading the site just fine, but the dilemma is a little strange. I've even checked the backend to ensure TK's IP didn't get blocked, but everything checks out fine.

A few of us have concluded that it's due to his own dorm connection; it pretty much has to be it. But I thought I'd ask any of you if you had any ideas as to what the issue might be and what we can do to help him?

I came up with this for now, and it seems like it could be a fix - http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-if-You-Can%27t-Access-a-Particular-Website

In the meantime, it looks like you won't see him around until this is resolved, so feel free to post here if you'd like to help out.

Has TK tried clearing his cache? I will text him.

I can't be the site when everyone else is loading fine. I talked to him briefly yesterday and he said it was going on and off for him. It is possible that his dorm has a firewall to this for whatever odd reason? He restarted his computer and it didn't work which was the problem I had. I'll try to talk to him more if I get a chance and see if I can help.

The new server just can't handle such a large amount of positivity.  

Guest ...

I couldn't log in to the site either but thanks for forgeting about me jason. :(

The new server just can't handle such a large amount of positivity.  

Yet it can handle an equal amount of the opposite? hmmm.....

I couldn't log in to the site either but thanks for forgeting about me jason. :(

It's because you aren't a community knight, you don't get preferential treatment.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that but I did start to suspect it when we didn't see you around yesterday.

Is everything working all right for you now, or are you only able to connect on your phone?

Guest ...

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that but I did start to suspect it when we didn't see you around yesterday.

Is everything working all right for you now, or are you only able to connect on your phone?

Im the one that started the tweet about not being able to get in. And i can only get on by phone sometimes.

Im the one that started the tweet about not being able to get in. And i can only get on by phone sometimes.

So is it doing the same thing where the site just shows a white page and it's continuously loading?

Here is the problem, well an elucidation on the problem. I am at work currently and I have always been able to access the site through the building's wifi. However now when I am at work I can only access the site via my phone's (Sprint's) 3G network. I was however able to get onto GP from my school's network.

It seems like, for whatever reason, certain hosts are blocked.

Here is the problem, well an elucidation on the problem. I am at work currently and I have always been able to access the site through the building's wifi. However now when I am at work I can only access the site via my phone's (Sprint's) 3G network. I was however able to get onto GP from my school's network.

It seems like, for whatever reason, certain hosts are blocked.

Hmm, that is strange.

I've reached out to the new host's support to see if they can help, so hopefully I'll get some answers (and a solution) regarding this.

I would definitely suspect the host is being blocked; what for I couldn't say.

For those of you who have trouble accessing the site, can you let me know who your ISPs are where you try to access it (home/work/etc.)?

Guest ...

For those of you who have trouble accessing the site, can you let me know who your ISPs are where you try to access it (home/work/etc.)?

Cox home wifi. Also the phone runs on the same wifi as lappy. Lappy shows me that off line page with your messages.

Okay, I've been told by the host that they had had some connection issues within the server but they should be resolved now. If you've been having trouble connecting before, let me know if there is any difference now.

Yay I haven't had any of those problems I've just been too lazy to write> LOL :lol:

I can connect on my laptop and desktop at home through comcast. Haven't tried my phone but I would assume my phone should be able to connect.

Just arrived at work and tried logging on through their wifi--could not. I am on 3G currently.

It's because you aren't a community knight, you don't get preferential treatment.

Speaking of preferential treatment mister interview guy, where the hell is your next meet the podunkers? Where the hell is your last round for GP votes game of the year? :P

Speaking of preferential treatment mister interview guy, where the hell is your next meet the podunkers? Where the hell is your last round for GP votes game of the year? :P

I don't think we seen your MTP yet right? I think someone is getting anxious to be featured :P.

Well that explains why TK hasn't been in the chat of late. Chat has been dead for days.

Lies! Jared, Roy, and I have been in the chat regularly. However, we're not TK and therefore cannot draw a crowd.

One thing I've heard for those of you still having trouble connecting is that you might need to DNS flush your connection to make sure it's not trying to connect to the old site still.

To do that, see here > http://www.wikihow.com/Flush-DNS

If you're still having issues, I'll try to have your IP address whitelisted by the host and we'll see what happens with that.

One thing I've heard for those of you still having trouble connecting is that you might need to DNS flush your connection to make sure it's not trying to connect to the old site still.

To do that, see here > http://www.wikihow.com/Flush-DNS

If you're still having issues, I'll try to have your IP address whitelisted by the host and we'll see what happens with that.

Not that I care, but does this mean I will not be able to connect through work's wifi again? I have unlimited data, so I do not mind using Sprint's 3G, but... you know... it is comparatively slow. The downside here is that I lose 3G connection in the basement of the building; this is where most of my phone time is spent.

Bummer.

Not that I care, but does this mean I will not be able to connect through work's wifi again? I have unlimited data, so I do not mind using Sprint's 3G, but... you know... it is comparatively slow. The downside here is that I lose 3G connection in the basement of the building; this is where most of my phone time is spent.

Bummer.

I'll try to make sure your work's IP address is whitelisted by my host. Is your work's IP address the one that starts with 99.50.XX.XXX?