HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Project X Zone Trailer

I hadn't seen this until earlier when Blazeknyt showed it to me, but here's a Japanese trailer for the mega-crossover known as Project X Zone. Normally, I would make an article for something like this, but since it's Japanese-only and there's no word on whether it'll make it to the US, so I thought I'd post it in the forums.

What do you guys think? It actually looks a lot cooler than I thought it would; the screenshots definitely don't do it justice. Watching it just kinda drove home the fact that it'll probably never get released in the US since it'd be a publishing nightmare. :(

While I love the cameos (especially of the Sega and Namco side), I'm still more than skeptical of it (you can't trust crossover games!). Even after seeing the "gameplay" it does remind me a bit of Super Robot Wars OG Saga for the DS (we never got the sequel btw), which while it looked really flashy and cool, it usually boiled down to pressing one button every battle and occasionally delaying the button presses for a different animation. Something tells me this won't be much different (Especially because I'm almost positive Banpresto is at the forefront of developing it), and all of the moves displayed probably reflect most of the best special moves in the game for certain team combinations.

But who knows, Maybe I'm secretly hoping it isn't good because 3DSs are region-locked (and this will be but one of many games to reflect the problems with that) and because I'm jaded about all crossover games. And if the world is evil, this might be a really cool/flashier version of Valkyrie Profile and ends up being good, yet, we'll never see it EVER.

I wish this would be released on another console and keep the art that way. I really like the art of this game. These guys look so miniture and like a little kid. So cute haha.

needs to be released on a console. That's my only wish should this come to America.

That too is my wish. Preferring ps3 please.

Game looks cool but sadly it will probably remain in Japan just like the only game I have imported so far, Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS. It will probably remain over there & maybe get a translation for it later. Jump Ultimate Stars is one of my favorite DS game, it's a fighting that includes alot of manga characters. Here's the trailer & more information about it for anyone interested in seeing more about it:

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbMgmOSyBHg

About it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_Ultimate_Stars

Game looks cool but sadly it will probably remain in Japan just like the only game I have imported so far, Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS. It will probably remain over there & maybe get a translation for it later. Jump Ultimate Stars is one of my favorite DS game, it's a fighting that includes alot of manga characters. Here's the trailer & more information about it for anyone interested in seeing more about it:

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbMgmOSyBHg

About it:

http://en.wikipedia...._Ultimate_Stars

That is so cool. I love how they got yu yu hakuso. That was the second anime I ever saw and it was so good. I really want this game. Plus they got all the other characters from other anime that I like too. Man oh man.

needs to be released on a console. That's my only wish should this come to America.

Or we could just deal with it being on the 3DS.

I'm really excited about this game, personally. I agree that the screenshots don't do it justice, but after seeing the trailer, I can hardly wait...

Too bad this will never leave japan. It looks fun, and the sprites look quite nice,

Too bad this will never leave japan. It looks fun, and the sprites look quite nice,

Maybe one day it will though. I think one day, kinda like xenoblade. One day.

If Namco x Capcom didn't come over, than this definitely won't.