HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

TKtheknight

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Alfred

Well then it was announced that Jesse Eisenberg will portray Lex Luthor in the upcoming Batman vs Superman movie. I don't know how I feel about that and a very unexpected choice to pick him as Lex. I really was hoping for Bryan Cranston to fill in the role. We'll see what happens. It's hard for me to picture him as the main villain as Lex. Hmm we'll have to find out.

On the other hand Jeremy Irons as Alfred is a good choice in my opinion. 

Warner Bros. Pictures has cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons will play Alfred in the upcoming Superman/Batman film.

The castings, announced Friday, come two weeks after Warner pushed production on the untitled “Superman-Batman†movie to the second quarter of this year and set a release date of May 6, 2016 as the studio departed from a July, 2015 slot.

The film is in pre-production with Henry Cavill as Superman and Ben Affleck as Batman and Zack Snyder directing.

”Batman-Superman†will also reunite “Man of Steel†stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

The screenplay will be written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as exec producers.

“Lex Luthor is often considered the most notorious of Superman“s rivals, his unsavory reputation preceding him since 1940,†Snyder said. “What“s great about Lex is that he exists beyond the confines of the stereotypical nefarious villain. He“s a complicated and sophisticated character whose intellect, wealth and prominence position him as one of the few mortals able to challenge the incredible might of Superman. Having Jesse in the role allows us to explore that interesting dynamic, and also take the character in some new and unexpected directions.â€

Irons is replacing Michael Caine, who portrayed in all three Christian Bale “Batman†films.

Read more here!

I liked Caine as Alfred, but it would be kinda weird to have the same Alfred and a different Batman so...I guess I'll see how it goes. I don't really know who either of these people are so I'll have to wait for the movie to be out before I know if they fit the role or not. Or, I guess, I'd have to watch some of their other movies, but eh. xD

Wow, I would have never thought of Jesse Eisenberg for Lex Luthor.

Not sure what to think; perhaps he'll be good, so I'll reserve judgement for now. Jeremy Irons as Alfred is a pretty good cast, IMO. But I really wonder if Snyder considered Bryan Cranston for Lex Luthor at all. He would have been perfect. :confused:

I really don't know much about either actor so I'll have to find out for myself if I will like them in their roles.

I don't think I mind it. I was looking at a picture of him the other day trying to imagine him bald and I could definitely see him physically filling the roll of Lex. As the attitude, he needs to be cocky, arrogant, in control...cue Social Network experience. I think he can do it just fine, but it's still a rather odd pick. Unconventional cast so far really, but my expectations for this movie have been getting lower and lower as the days pass.

Ya know I just realized Lex Luthor took away Facebook from Spider-Man.

Is this the live-action film that has been circulating around here or is this in regards to a new animated film? 

Is this the live-action film that has been circulating around here or is this in regards to a new animated film? 

It's the live-action film.

Also, I found an interesting picture on IGN that kind of puts Eisenberg into perspective when playing Lex Luthor, at least from a physical angle.

original.jpg

If they can make him look like that, and he has the chops to play Luthor's personality well, he might not be half-bad at all.

If they can make him look like that, and he has the chops to play Luthor's personality well, he might not be half-bad at all.

That is a big if but I sure hope he pulls it off. I want to see this movie do well.

Well he would certainly look the part if that image/Photoshop is anything to go by, but what about his voice...